Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

Just now, Hammo said:

My first reaction to this - as to most things Claude says - is:

What the hell are you on about??

His words and sentences are vague and nebulous, offering us next to nothing in terms of valuable information and insight.

The fact is he either cannot express himself with precision or perception in English, or he deliberately uses his flawed English to confuse us and keep us in the dark. Either way it's a shambles.

Personally I'd prefer him to speak French (which I can understand and speak myself) and use an interpreter - preferably a good one not a stooge!

Trying to get yourself a job there? 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

My first reaction to this - as to most things Claude says - is:

What the hell are you on about??

His words and sentences are vague and nebulous, offering us next to nothing in terms of valuable information and insight.

The fact is he either cannot express himself with precision or perception in English, or he deliberately uses his flawed English to confuse us and keep us in the dark. Either way it's a shambles.

Personally I'd prefer him to speak French (which I can understand and speak myself) and use an interpreter - preferably a good one not a stooge!

Perhaps you'd understand if you weren't reading only one side of a two sided conversation.

The journo has specifically decided to not give context... instantly you have to ask yourself why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps you'd understand if you weren't reading only one side of a two sided conversation.

The journo has specifically decided to not give context... instantly you have to ask yourself why.

Exactly, what is he saying to Puel during all of this? To not give the questions asked is poor journalism for me, also suggests the questions he's asking are below standard. 

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Has he ever played well enough to look like he's the option? At least Hamza has come in and shown something, Silva has just been there and looked to offer little. Perhaps the person seeing him day in and day out knows this better than you. 

He has hardly been given a chance, hasn‘t he?

Two league appearances for a grand total of less than 90 minutes of football this season. Sad numbers.

That‘s so little gametime, there‘s no way you could say playing him more often couldn‘t have been any worse, at least Puel could‘ve shown some courage in that department. I fear it is now too late and Silva on his way.

Meanwhile, Puel plays his favourites in Mendy and Ndidi, who are both nearly undroppable, no matter how badly they perform.

I find it another incredible waste of money and talent, which Silva clearly has, given his pedigree.

Edited by MC Prussian

But when is there ever clarity and precision in Puel's words? Let's face it, we have to guess what he's really trying to say most of the time, though of course, as with most football managers these days, inane drivel is alas the norm.

Just now, Hammo said:

But when is there ever clarity and precision in Puel's words? Let's face it, we have to guess what he's really trying to say most of the time, though of course, as with most football managers these days, inane drivel is alas the norm.

Well in interviews with a reporter on video asking questions I understand him just fine.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The question I‘m asking myself is why this interview was sanctioned by the club in the first place.

And yes, Puel doesn‘t do himself any favours by being obtusive/vague in his answers, it‘s only logical that (some) fans will feel as if he‘s talking about them, as well.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He has hardly been given a chance, hasn‘t he?

Two league appearances for a grand total of less than 90 minutes of football this season. Sad numbers.

That‘s so little gametime, there‘s no way you could say playing him more often couldn‘t have been any worse, at least Puel could‘ve shown some courage in that department. I fear it is now too late and Silva on his way.

Meanwhile, Puel plays his favourites in Mendy and Ndidi, who are both nearly undroppable, no matter how badly they perform.

I find it another incredible waste of money and talent, which Silva clearly has, given his pedigree.

He's had more time than Hamza since he's been here and shown almost nothing.

Secondly, yeah it could be worse.

Does Slimani have pedigree? He's performed to adjust as good a standard in the same league. There are zero guarantees about players performing in other leagues. I've seen little to suggest Puel has been wrong sadly.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

'Tis only clear to those who want to see.

There’s an arguenent for every side to be had with him, truth is, no one knows, we are all putting our interpretation on it and our opinion... then discussing it in a forum... a forum is for many discussions and opinions to be had/aired. We’ve already agreed to disagree on him but both agree Cedric would be a great signing... lol

Anyway, you have no idea what or who he was referring that too just like I don’t, only he truly knows. So I don’t think you can say anyone who disagrees with what he’s said, should be seen as not ‘seeing the truth...’ 

Im sure in the press conference before Saturdays game however he aimed a bit at the fans regarding complaints about being 7th or 8th? And these quotes also mention that? Might be wrong... I’m sure you’ll tell me! 

My opinion (for what it’s worth) it’s aimed at anyone who questions what he and the club are doing, not just journalists. 

Just now, MC Prussian said:

The question I‘m asking myself is why this interview was sanctioned by the club in the first place.

And yes, Puel doesn‘t do himself any favours by being obtusive/vague in his answers, it‘s only logical that (some) fans will feel as if he‘s talking about them, as well.

It's from pre match press conference, it's not a special interview. He's been asked a question, could have been the Sun asking it for all we know and the mercy have decided to post it without context... as they have done a lot recently, because most likely they want the traffic.

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I think Rob Tanner has been a bit naughty here. 

The article is very inflammatory in what is an already very contentious issue amongst the fanbase. 

As Babs and Corky have said, there is zero context and yet already people on both sides of the figurative Puel fence are using the article as a stick with which to beat him, and each other.

The whole thing stinks, IMO.

The same Rob Tanner who usually acts as a mouthpiece for the club and rarely ever, if at all, dares to criticize the hand that is feeding him?

Doubt it.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten. 

1. We will never forget 

2. Sickened he’s even using this at all in any context, as some sort of excuse/distraction away from what we are watching. His football hasn’t changed from last season, so don’t bring this up... there is no need 

Oh do **** off.

Knew there'd be a holier than though who decided to play the victim.

Everything was so nice on these boards when he died.

People tried to be more like him.

Normal service resumes 

I dont like the bloke but his quotes going around seem to fit this context.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. Ricky Gervais

Or this one

As my old nan used to say "If you haven't got anything nice to say, then **** off & be a **** somewhere else." Wise words nan. Wise words.

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the **** you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a **** or not. And so on. It's a good system.

Ps. Not offended, just gets on my tits.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Oh do **** off.

Knew there'd be a holier than though who decided to play the victim.

Everything was so nice on these boards when he died.

People tried to be more like him.

Normal service resumes 

I dont like the bloke but his quotes going around seem to fit this context.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. Ricky Gervais

Or this one

As my old nan used to say "If you haven't got anything nice to say, then **** off & be a **** somewhere else." Wise words nan. Wise words.

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the **** you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a **** or not. And so on. It's a good system.

Ps. Not offended, just gets on my tits.

Wow

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's had more time than Hamza since he's been here and shown almost nothing.

Secondly, yeah it could be worse.

Does Slimani have pedigree? He's performed to adjust as good a standard in the same league. There are zero guarantees about players performing in other leagues. I've seen little to suggest Puel has been wrong sadly.

Point is, he‘s pretty much been frozen out of the first squad by now, which I find a shame. Two bit-part appearances are no way of rediscovering your form. Comes across as punishment more than anything.

In the case of Slimani, you can support the decision to move him on after all the things that were mentioned on here, which points to a very unhappy player, a bit of a diva and the cause for unrest in the dressing room.

After Mahrez‘ transfer, I doubt Slimani wanted to stick around any longer himself.

Don‘t have that impression of Silva, who tends to conduct himself well.

Edited by MC Prussian

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

There’s an arguenent for every side to be had with him, truth is, no one knows, we are all putting our interpretation on it and our opinion... then discussing it in a forum... a forum is for many discussions and opinions to be had/aired. We’ve already agreed to disagree on him but both agree Cedric would be a great signing... lol

Anyway, you have no idea what or who he was referring that too just like I don’t, only he truly knows. So I don’t think you can say anyone who disagrees with what he’s said, should be seen as not ‘seeing the truth...’ 

Im sure in the press conference before Saturdays game however he aimed a bit at the fans regarding complaints about being 7th or 8th? And these quotes also mention that? Might be wrong... I’m sure you’ll tell me! 

My opinion (for what it’s worth) it’s aimed at anyone who questions what he and the club are doing, not just journalists. 

Just to clarify, that's not what I said. Nobody knows the context, my point was it's pretty damn obvious that nobody can say one way or the other without the context. Those who can't see that, are those that don't want to see it. I'm not saying their interpretation is wrong, I'm saying how can anyone come to that conclusion based on what he said, 

I don't think he's had a go at any fans aiming for 7th or 8th. 

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't feel he is talking about me... why would some of the fans think that ? That's such a mystery.

Just to clarify, that's not what I said. Nobody knows the context, my point was it's pretty damn obvious that nobody can say one way or the other without the context. Those who can't see that, are those that don't want to see it. I'm not saying their interpretation is wrong, I'm saying how can anyone come to that conclusion based on what he said, 

I don't think he's had a go at any fans aiming for 7th or 8th. 

I thought he said something along the lines of “we should accept where we are” because there was discontent from the fans? I didn’t read it all to be honest that was just the general consensus I got from hearing snippets

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's from pre match press conference, it's not a special interview. He's been asked a question, could have been the Sun asking it for all we know and the mercy have decided to post it without context... as they have done a lot recently, because most likely they want the traffic.

Then surely there is a way of recovering the whole interview, as it must‘ve been recorded in its entity, either by Tanner, the club or both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yks said:

I don't feel he is talking about me... why would some of the fans think that ? That's such a mystery.

Coming from you, that is pretty evident.

You wouldn‘t even go near criticizing your fellow compatriot.

• Haha 1

It’s quite clear, that most fans have forgotten. Won’t help him saying it though as people don’t like the facts being thrown at them.

Before, I’m sure you could have heard / read leicester fans stating it didn’t matter what happens this season, and now it’s suddenly the issue of us not playing attractive football; which to add context not many teams out the top 6 ever can with the resources at our disposal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Then surely there is a way of recovering the whole interview, as it must‘ve been recorded in its entity, either by Tanner, the club or both.

It will have been recorded probably, but the paper have chosen to post one side of the conversation and that probably tells you everything you need to know.