Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Reading that back and its very possible he is talking about journalists, who have started to question him in the media with stuff like "dont understand this Leicester team" etc...

Nothing explicitly against the fans comes out of his mouth there

That is how I read it but the thread has now turned into a Puel In/Out one with people like me on one side defending him and folk on the other thinking he is using the tragedy for his own advantage which, when you look at the quotes, is an odd viewpoint but the internet is in full motion no and now nuanced debate shall be had so I might just duck out and have a wee cuppa tea.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

They've clearly forgotten what they said in the immediate aftermath of the accident where people were saying that what happens for the remainder of the season is irrelevant.

It is a couple of bad results. They happen to every mid-table side, we've been wildly inconsistent having some good results then a few bad ones, then some good ones - the problem is you have an entitlement issue

Hard to believe you should be beating Newport as being entitled. 

Wakey wakey Claude, I think it’s you who needs abit of a reality check, the issues and critics were there well before the tragedy.

I could have said a lot more during the time of the tragedy and still could but I find myself biting my tongue and letting it a lot slip even now as it doesn’t sit easy with me.

That goes for Puel using it as a form of defence or an excuse if you must, especially when the issues were there well before it happened, even now I’d rather not comment on this, in this day and age there is often a lot of faux outrage but these comments have wound me up.

Is he trying to wind the fans up or make an even bigger divide? Perhaps that’s why he’s been quiet for so long, kept the messages to fans as at a minimum because he has a tendency to put his foot in it?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Even if he thinks this I think that these are unwise words from CP on this occasion. It’s only going to polarise opinions further and may be a sign of the pressure that he actually is feeling. 

I think the things he’s saying and his actions on the sidelines are an indication that the pressure is getting to him now

Maybe Puel was misguided, but the people saying bin after that interview.... you say the same thing after we lose a match.... so im not really feeling the outrage

Puel sounds like he is pissed off and disgusted. His perspective is probably based on being amazed at media criticism in light of where the club is and whats happened this season. Maybe he genuinely expected them to go easy on us. Well, the media never does, its a vulture and never takes these things into account in its heart

He may have made a mistake here, but ive no sympathy with the people throwing it in his face. You do that with everything and in his mind maybe he's fiercely defending the club and Top against what he sees as a toxic media

Whatever, its not black and white

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To understand the comments we need to know the questions he was asked. You can't piece together comments like this without that perspective and hope to understand what he's saying. He specifically mentions journalists in his comments lets not forget, he never once mentions fans. 

I think it's too late now, the damage has been done.  This thread will likely nose dive into a Puel In/Out debate unfortunately.  I can't see much in his quotes to get annoyed about but then confirmation bias is probably involved in how I view it in the same way it is definitely involved in those who are taking offence.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

45 minutes ago, Dames said:

You'd like to think so but some of the decisions he's made this week have been very un-Puel like.

He doesn't usually communicate much with the media but he came out to openly say we all need a reality check. He then put out that line up at Southampton which has gone against everything he's done before and it looked like a desperate punt that didn't quite pay off and now he's just gone and done this - his second big statement in the media in less than a week.

He's under pressure and its starting to show.

But if the club didn't want this press release out there, it wouldn't be there. This isn't a "Puel going rogue" moment. 

I don't think he understands why people are complaining, it has nothing to do with our league position. It's how we approach games with a negative and defensive mindset. I don't think it's completely his fault as I don't think we have the personnel to play attacking football without a CM that can either pass well or drive the ball forward. 

As to the people quickly forget comment, I highly doubt he's talking about the fans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

That is how I read it but the thread has now turned into a Puel In/Out one with people like me on one side defending him and folk on the other thinking he is using the tragedy for his own advantage which, when you look at the quotes, is an odd viewpoint but the internet is in full motion no and now nuanced debate shall be had so I might just duck out and have a wee cuppa tea.  X

Agree. My initial reaction to this was inconsidered and a bit misplaced. So easy to interpret things a certain way.

I hate these articles where you cant see the journalist's questions. Its a conversation and should be printed as such

14 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Agree. My initial reaction to this was inconsidered and a bit misplaced. So easy to interpret things a certain way.

I hate these articles where you cant see the journalist's questions. Its a conversation and should be printed as such

I blame the media for pretty much 90% of the ills of society.  It's like when you get a politician on the news and the reporter constantly asks the same question over and over just so they can get a soundbite headline to play 17 times every hour.  You can even see they are being fed the whole thing in their earpieces "Keep pressing him, keep going til he admit he kills children.  Don't listen to what he says or change your tact, keep going.  I'm foaming at the mouth here in the anticipation of fvcking up someones career".  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

For the last time...

The first sentence “I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten” was aimed at posts from others, not Puel... 

I then go on to say this subject shouldn’t have been brought up by him... that’s when I aim at him... not the first sentence

So to clarify... I /ME referred to fans and didn’t say Puel did... if it’s been read that way well I apologise

Well in that case you must be referring to I/ME ...    in which case why didn’t you say so ..   and then I can reply ...

I think Puel has quite a strong character and a lot of the criticism is just water off a ducks back ..  I also think he is trying to take pressure off the players and mentioning 6/7 as crazy reflects this.   Some of those players may still be hurting big time ..  Kasper for one and even JV  ..   and this needs careful handling.  I’m not for one fookin second suggesting that ANYONE has forgotten what happened ..   but ...   maybe it’s now slipped their mind that the effect of that still has a bearing on things.  And this has no bearing whatsoever on whether he stays as manager or goes.  I’ll admit his PR is sh1t and isn’t helping ..   but I also think the media add fuel to the flames.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Hard to believe you should be beating Newport as being entitled. 

Incredibly obvious that that's not what I'm saying but sure take it that way. Failing to win one specific game is not, in any remotely reasonable mind, a sackable offence, nor is that more than a bad result. The poster I quoted claimed it's more than a couple of bad results - I.e. not just over that one game - so presumably it's the inconsistent form we've shown this season and last that, might I remind you, saw us finish 9th and currently has us in 8th. If it's loads of bad results and we're in those positions, you've got to ask what position we expect to be in, and if it's higher than seventh you've lost perspective and become entitled based off one season.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We‘re playing badly because of a collective players‘ trauma? Doesn‘t hit home with me. More an excuse than anything. We‘ve played this uninspiring before, as early as early 2018.

He says that where?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I don't think he understands why people are complaining, it has nothing to do with our league position. It's how we approach games with a negative and defensive mindset. I don't think it's completely his fault as I don't think we have the personnel to play attacking football without a CM that can either pass well or drive the ball forward. 

As to the people quickly forget comment, I highly doubt he's talking about the fans.

I agree. The league position is good, i can't take that away from him, and I thank him for it it's great being there.

But the lack of communication and connection to the fans. The poor football. The crazy decisions tactically. The lack of goal. The quotes of saying we don't need a striker this summer.

These point all go so strongly against him, but then to come out with that dribble and still not understand why the fans are unhappy is crazy

WE ARE BORED PUEL. I WANT TO LOVE FOOTBALL AGAIN

• Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, matty98 said:

His name is Silva, Adrien Silva.

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I agree. The league position is good, i can't take that away from him, and I thank him for it it's great being there.

But the lack of communication and connection to the fans. The poor football. The crazy decisions tactically. The lack of goal. The quotes of saying we don't need a striker this summer.

These point all go so strongly against him, but then to come out with that dribble and still not understand why the fans are unhappy is crazy

WE ARE BORED PUEL. I WANT TO LOVE FOOTBALL AGAIN

What quotes? I've certainly not seen anything from him talking about transfer strategy for 6 months time (nor would I expect to). If you actually mean last summer - again what quotes and what is the context?

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

His name is Silva, Adrien Silva.

Has he ever played well enough to look like he's the option? At least Hamza has come in and shown something, Silva has just been there and looked to offer little. Perhaps the person seeing him day in and day out knows this better than you. 

• Like 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Seems like Puel is looking for excuses now in the same way his supporters do for him. The sooner he leaves the sooner we can all hopefully move on.  

At least until the next manager isn’t achieving top six with scintillating, rapier like attacking football (unless of course he’s can tell a few gags in his post match interview in which case he might get a bit of a reprieve)

People quickly forget?

Look at the scenes Puel after the tragedy. Football fans don't forget dark days like those. 

This article like it's been said doesn't sit well. He seems to be looking for any excuse to get the fans off his back.

Yes the media have a propensity to misinterpret and embellish to sell papers, however to say we forget is ridiculous. 

At the end of the day, we're all a family linked together by 11 players on a pitch. Football will be the one constant throughout any tragedy be it our personal lives or the lives of our club. 

First saying we need a reality check, now saying we've forgotten about the tragedy? It seems like he's desperate. Words like his don't sit well with the fans and will only attract more negativity towards him in my opinion. 

One thing is for certain, we've been poor for a while. He needs to start becoming accountable with these ridiculous team selections and negative tactics. Hold your hands up and say you've made a mistake, don't have a go at those people who love the club and will stick through it thick and thin.