Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I will never forget what happened, but we played like this before the tragedy... so what’s the excuse before then? 

Its not an excuse for how we play! Jesus Christ

For all we know Puel is trying to protect Top and cant believe what some of the fans are doing. I know thats how I feel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I agree with some of the lads in here, quite frankly I think it's disgusting to suggest we've just forgotten about it and that's why people are unhappy with him. This is completely classless on his behalf and smacks of desperation, using the owner's death to attempt to gain better job security is reprehensible 

Exactly I wish he would just resign! He has no respect for the fans what so ever 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

A sizeable number were at Newport, and again at the final whistle on Saturday.

Not sure I buy that stating your opinion on the internet doesn't amount to putting pressure on the club by the way. If enough people do it (which they have recently), then the media and the club are bound to notice.

Ok, I wasn't at Newport so can't speak for that match, but at Southampton there was nothing large scale that I would class as putting pressure on the board.

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its not an excuse for how we play! Jesus Christ

For all we know Puel is trying to protect Top and cant believe what some of the fans are doing. I know thats how I feel

How is this protecting Top?

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Quote me the bit where he says "us fans" have forgotten.  To me it seems a decent interview and Puel, as always, comes across as a decent guy.  I can admit that he might not be the most exciting guy on Earth but can't see anything in this interview (I mean in his actual words not in the prose or headlines) to have a go at him for? X

That particular part, at the time, was aimed more towards fans in this forum saying we have short memories... 

However, in no uncertain terms... Puel finishes with “People forget quickly.”

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Anyone who's gone through the unexpected death of a friend or relative knows it will affect them, affect their work, for frankly a long time. The players are doing an amazing job - far better than I would have expected.

I said after it happened that this season is a write off in my eyes as long as we don’t get relegated 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He comes across as a bit of prïck doesn’t he. 

He's got the personality of a squashed frog!... 

Even suggesting that the tragedy is a small part of the reason why his football and decisions are so shite is complete nonsense! 

What a plank! 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Yes the match on the night of the tragedy was actually the same as against Southampton, we just managed to draw with West Ham but it was equally as bad against ten men.

Yeah it's as if pretty much the rest of 2018 didn't happen. 

14 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

What are the fans doing that's so bad?

Puel actually gets very little stick on matchdays I'd say, the first time I've ever heard a "Puel Out" chant was at the weekend once the game had finished.

Leicester fans aren't actually that bad of a bunch, yes you get the occasional cretin but just as many as other clubs.

Seems the trend on here just lately is to make out our fan base is full of impatient, self entitled melts when really, that's not the case.

Come off it, we are bellends.  The evidence is all around you.

Firstly, we as fans should be mindful of the tragedy in our judgement and especially in our behaviour.  That said, this is very poor and crass by Puel in using the tragedy to his own ends.  Poor judgement.

17 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

What are the fans doing that's so bad?

Puel actually gets very little stick on matchdays I'd say, the first time I've ever heard a "Puel Out" chant was at the weekend once the game had finished.

Leicester fans aren't actually that bad of a bunch, yes you get the occasional cretin but just as many as other clubs.

Seems the trend on here just lately is to make out our fan base is full of impatient, self entitled melts when really, that's not the case.

The atmosphere has been pretty bad when ive been there this season, except for when we're smashing Man City of course

As to your last part, i admit to being guilty of thinking that at times.

But some are reading what he's said in the worst possible light to an absurd degree

We've no idea what the mood is there regarding Vichai, or the extant of it rather. For example, maybe before games now he's not popping into the dressing room for example, it weighs heavily on their minds.

Again, not an excuse for performances, or even related to performances!  But when the fans are so vocally negative, and they are, for all we know inside the club they are thinking, wtf, at times

Again, im speculating, but im allowed to do so if people on here are also allowed to make the absurd claim that Puel is hiding behind Vichai's death

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I don't like this. It doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Of course the tragedy has had an effect on our season and Puel dealt with all of that brilliantly, but the issues I'm seeing now are unlikely to be related to that. They are decisions and errors that the manager is making and they are the same ones he was making prior to the tragedy.

You can't blame the tragedy for playing three defensive midfielders at home to Southampton or the persistent sideways passing or the inability to break teams down or the rotation in the cups or the over-reliance on counter-attacking etc etc.

Absolutely agree with this. Puel dealt with the aftermath brilliantly and he cannot be faulted for that at all but what he's under scruntiny from the fans and media now is not related to that but is related to his own tactical choices naivety.

This to me reeks of desperation. He's playing this card when he should never have ever played it and its not going to sit well with any fan that isn't a staunch defender of his. Everyone knows whats happened is a massive tradegy but to use it as an excuse to cover your own short comings is frankly not on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Has Susan Whelan ever spoken? Is she real? I've never met her before, feeling some doubt to be honest... It's a conspiracy

When Claudio was apointed she was the spokeswomen in the Presser saying "HE WAS ALLWAYS FIRST CHOICE"........I still don't believe that,but good job!

• Haha 1

Whatever he does, fans are polarised about it, whatever he does people will put a positive or negative spin on it. It's incredible to read how people interpret what he's said.

He has huge points, a lot of that team will have lost a close friend, almost a father figure 3 months ago. None of them have downed tools and have coped brilliantly with the situation.
We have no idea how they're coping behind the scenes. 

He has one of the hardest jobs in football, with one of the most polarised fan bases. Player's aren't going to want to be expressive or play without pressure knowing too well if they f*** it up they'll have thousands screaming abuse at them. 

None of this excuses some of his decision making and tactical decisions, but he's not the one on the pitch, the players deserve some of this stick as well. 

• Like 3

If rumours are true and a lot of players are unhappy with him another thing to note is how are they going to take this? Especially the ones that were close to the owners? I cant imagine it being used as an excuse sitting well in the dressing room to be honest and if they hadn't downed tools before they might just do now. It would be wholly unprofessional of them to do so but we've seen them do it for less before.

I hope this won't be the case but its something else to potentially consider.

• Like 1