Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think he’s spot on, personally. The players and everyone at the club suffered a personal tragedy just 3 months ago. Our poor form is understandable IMO. 

Indeed ...   and the memories of some of our fans, which would make goldfish look good, is pretty poor too ...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think he’s spot on, personally. The players and everyone at the club suffered a personal tragedy just 3 months ago. Our poor form is understandable IMO. 

Without wanting to sound insensitive, it isn't a case of bad form. The pressure on the manager comes from the inconsistency in performances and its very clear we struggle in certain circumstances and are more comfortable in others. I'm not sure why the tragedy will affect one or the other

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten. 

1. We will never forget 

2. Sickened he’s even using this at all in any context, as some sort of excuse/distraction away from what we are watching. His football hasn’t changed from last season, so don’t bring this up... there is no need 

Absolutely spot on. He's being challenged by both national and local press as to why so negative at home.  The terrible event that took place earlier in the season is not a reason for that?

• Like 2

Thats a good interview - think the incident is unlikely to pushed far from anyones mind who is closely associated wth the club, whereas fans focus will understandbly soon return to purely football matters.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I don't like this. It doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Of course the tragedy has had an effect on our season and Puel dealt with all of that brilliantly, but the issues I'm seeing now are unlikely to be related to that. They are decisions and errors that the manager is making and they are the same ones he was making prior to the tragedy.

You can't blame the tragedy for playing three defensive midfielders at home to Southampton or the persistent sideways passing or the inability to break teams down or the rotation in the cups or the over-reliance on counter-attacking etc etc.

If you're talking about tactics fair enough.

But tactics are performed by the players.

And the players have just seen their boss - often a close friend - die.

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You dont think there is something a bit wrong with fans effectively putting pressure on Top to sack a manager and the upheaval that will cause when we're top half and in transition and building the training ground etc for the sake of "more entertaining football" right after his Dad died?

Who is putting pressure on Top? That granny with the sign? It's not like the fans are chanting for him to be sacked. Yes there are boos and disgruntlement, but there is a big difference between expressing your opinion on social media or forms and "putting pressure" on the board to sack him.

I'm sure Top would sooner not have the upheaval (although it's Rudkin that will take the brunt of that) but I'm also sure that he'd like to avoid the atmosphere within the dressing room, club and stadium getting too toxic...this season of all seasons.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten. 

1. We will never forget 

2. Sickened he’s even using this at all in any context, as some sort of excuse/distraction away from what we are watching. His football hasn’t changed from last season, so don’t bring this up... there is no need 

Quote me the bit where he says "us fans" have forgotten.  To me it seems a decent interview and Puel, as always, comes across as a decent guy.  I can admit that he might not be the most exciting guy on Earth but can't see anything in this interview (I mean in his actual words not in the prose or headlines) to have a go at him for? X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Who is putting pressure on Top? That granny with the sign? It's not like the fans are chanting for him to be sacked. Yes there are boos and disgruntlement, but there is a big difference between expressing your opinion on social media or forms and "putting pressure" on the board to sack him.

I'm sure Top would sooner not have the upheaval (although it's Rudkin that will take the brunt of that) but I'm also sure that he'd like to avoid the atmosphere within the dressing room, club and stadium getting too toxic...this season of all seasons.

Werent some chanting Puel Out last home game?

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

A sizeable number were at Newport, and again at the final whistle on Saturday.

Not sure I buy that stating your opinion on the internet doesn't amount to putting pressure on the club by the way. If enough people do it (which they have recently), then the media and the club are bound to notice.

• Like 1

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

Yes the match on the night of the tragedy was actually the same as against Southampton, we just managed to draw with West Ham but it was equally as bad against ten men.

Exactly it’s the Puel fans who seem to have the short memories 

• Like 1