Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It will have been recorded probably, but the paper have chosen to post one side of the conversation and that probably tells you everything you need to know. 

Not to mention these are quotes from an interview that’s 3 days old...

10 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Do not fall into his trap.

It's his recurrent tactic, besides twisting words and only looking at one side of the problem, when he's a bit cornered. He tries then to dismiss your arguments using the nationality bias. He does have some good points though.

Thanks... somehow.

Besides, it's not a trap, no nationality bias involved. Remember Lilian Nalis? Knocky?

Le monsieur here is known for his stance himself and you could plough through his input to see that he is clearly biased. I'm just stating the obvious.

Just now, mazarron fox said:

You can get 4 Netflix subscriptions for that ? just saying 

Netflix, Amazon Prime and NowTV then.  Doesn't change that football by its nature can't always be entertaining and plenty of clubs with the TV and prize money will choose to be pragmatic and  aim to win 1-0 than go gung ho at the risk of losing 4-3

I'm neither truly in or truly out but I do find Puels recent interviews as inflammatory and arrogant if I'm honest. Isn't it a widely held belief that Claude was due for the chop on 'that' very night? Now he's using it as an excuse for his own failings. All seems a bit grim to me. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'm neither truly in or truly out but I do find Puels recent interviews as inflammatory and arrogant if I'm honest. Isn't it a widely held belief that Claude was due for the chop on 'that' very night? Now he's using it as an excuse for his own failings. All seems a bit grim to me. 

Not directed at you because I’ve seen this written a lot but of all of the odd Puel Out nonsense I’ve read this is by far the most ridiculous. 

Theres absolutely nothing to suggest this was this was the case and speculating on it strikes me as utterly distasteful. 

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Netflix, Amazon Prime and NowTV then.  Doesn't change that football by its nature can't always be entertaining and plenty of clubs with the TV and prize money will choose to be pragmatic and  aim to win 1-0 than go gung ho at the risk of losing 4-3

I think your missing the point though there's Football then there's Puels Football, no one is expecting to be entertained they just want to watch the team play football, have a go etc.. we have looked clueless at times and its hit and miss to which Football we end up seeing.

This is an insult to the club, the fans, and top, th victims of the crash and others.

lost what little respect I had.

abother public scapegoating. The last one was a bag of excuses. This one trumps that ten fold.

weve been awful all season, and last.

#eurostarforfraudepuel

Just my opinion but I get the impression with some of puels comments recently that he would rather get the sack and have a nice pay off. I don't think anyone will forget the tradegy that happened. It's as if he wants to infuriate the fans. Before anyone says I want puel out I do want him to be a success but just recently I'm finding it more and more difficult to defend him with his team selection and tactics. 

Is it me, or has Fraud Fvckinghell got this so wrong 

I seem to remember that after the tragedy, he and all at the club said they were determined to win a trophy to honour the chairman this season. I certainly think he has forgotten that with lamely going out of both cup competitions, the only chance of silverware this season.

I'd like to think that some of his statements are due to his poor English.

But, he really isn't making it easy for fans to like him is he? Negative football, rambling incoherent nonsense pre and post match, and now really poor form and disrespect for both the club and it's fans.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think your missing the point though there's Football then there's Puels Football, no one is expecting to be entertained they just want to watch the team play football, have a go etc.. we have looked clueless at times and its hit and miss to which Football we end up seeing.

We play good football at times, he doesn't really set us up necessarily negatively (before someone says 2 dcms, watch a match, watch how one, usually Mendy, drops in to allow both fullbacks to go forward, giving us 6 players going forward but still a 3 man defence) - what we're seeing is inconsistent and frustrating play, which will happen when they're mostly kids. His main fault seems to be matchday preparation - whether it's the warmup focus, his team talks or something else, we start too slow and don't get the first goal often enough (bear in mind we've dropped fewer points than all bar Liverpool and Man Utd from winning positions this season).

Last couple of games haven't been great, granted but it's not been boring all season like you imply

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, murphy said:

Come off it, we are bellends.  The evidence is all around you.

Firstly, we as fans should be mindful of the tragedy in our judgement and especially in our behaviour.  That said, this is very poor and crass by Puel in using the tragedy to his own ends.  Poor judgement.

?????????? for the first sentence.

After that, we'll agree to disagree.

Sounds to me like the man is fuming, like many on here (i am referring to the "puel inners" as anyone who is not immediately calling for his head, appear to be categorised.

That makes me one, but if im honest, i trust our owners to look after us, but i did get a little bit excited that wagner is available and wouldnt lose any sleep if puel was sacked.

Might sound hypocritical, or just an honest assessment of a fickle fan.

Out of my control, dont let it worry me, but do love a good crusade when i think people are acting like wrong 'uns, including the eloquent wrong 'uns (who are my favourite opponents)