Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

1 minute ago, Dames said:

If rumours are true and a lot of players are unhappy with him another thing to note is how are they going to take this? Especially the ones that were close to the owners? I cant imagine it being used as an excuse sitting well in the dressing room to be honest and if they hadn't downed tools before they might just do now. It would be wholly unprofessional of them to do so but we've seen them do it for less before.

I hope this won't be the case but its something else to potentially consider.

The press officer will have been noted of all of this most likely, or may have even been in the room. 

This will have been checked

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Has Susan Whelan ever spoken? Is she real? I've never met her before, feeling some doubt to be honest... It's a conspiracy

19 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

The silence from Susan Whelan is deafening.

It's been a strange week that's for sure! Feel like Puel is being fed what he is saying but not quite getting it right so missing the mark with tone. Whether it's by our PR team or his agent... who knows.

As for Susan, she goes about her business in a calm quiet manner, leaving the people who are in charge of being spokespeople to do exactly that. She employs people to do a job and expects them to do so without her interference. 

She's ruthless though and a fantastic businesswoman who will i'm sure, be thinking things over right now. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The press officer will have been noted of all of this most likely, or may have even been in the room. 

This will have been checked

You'd like to think so but some of the decisions he's made this week have been very un-Puel like.

He doesn't usually communicate much with the media but he came out to openly say we all need a reality check. He then put out that line up at Southampton which has gone against everything he's done before and it looked like a desperate punt that didn't quite pay off and now he's just gone and done this - his second big statement in the media in less than a week.

He's under pressure and its starting to show.

• Like 1

I find it strange that the manager is now quoted in two separate pieces in the space of a few days, rather unusual. Coincidence?

We‘re playing badly because of a collective players‘ trauma? Doesn‘t hit home with me. More an excuse than anything. We‘ve played this uninspiring before, as early as early 2018.

To me, it‘s as if it‘s deliberate, a smokescreen to divert from the main issues on the pitch.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

It's been a strange week that's for sure! Feel like Puel is being fed what he is saying but not quite getting it right so missing the mark with tone. Whether it's by our PR team or his agent... who knows.

As for Susan, she goes about her business in a calm quiet manner, leaving the people who are in charge of being spokespeople to do exactly that. 

She's ruthless though and a fantastic businesswoman who will i'm sure, be thinking things over right now. 

Am i right in thinking she was employed by King Power before coming to LCFC... If so she would know the bigger picture?

37 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

That particular part, at the time, was aimed more towards fans in this forum saying we have short memories... 

However, in no uncertain terms... Puel finishes with “People forget quickly.”

So he never mentions "us fans" even though you put quotation marks around "us fans" in your original post?  The only "people" he mentions directly are journalists.  But. hey ho, the world is interesting because people see things differently I suppose.  Nothing in that article offended me but if you see it differently I can't really argue.  X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PAULCFC said:

Am i right in thinking she was employed by King Power before coming to LCFC... If so she would know the bigger picture?

She's incredibly close to King Power. Worked for them before yes and so, so highly respected. Absolute workaholic too!!

Edited by AjcW

30 minutes ago, Bozman said:

I think he knows he's on borrowed time, spouting any old rubbish to hang on to his job... bye bye Claude :wave:

That's right ,heard nothing of note for months then these two press releases ,which have backfired ,whether through miss translation or just talking bollocks ,seems he's feeling the pressure. 

4 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

On a serious note, have we not got a media officer? I guess most managers are judged on the pitch but off it I don’t think he’s winning the press conferences/post match interviews 

We do, in fact we've got a media manager and a head of.... For someone working in the comms industry, these two mercury articles don't sit well with me and don't seem like they're club sanctioned. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

On a serious note, have we not got a media officer? I guess most managers are judged on the pitch but off it I don’t think he’s winning the press conferences/post match interviews 

There is a press/media responsible: Anthony Herlihy, communications manager, young-ish guy in his 30ies.

Edited by MC Prussian

How dare Puel uses the Copter Crash and the trauma as an excuse for him being a trash manager. No-one has forgotten the trauma that we suffered. We said at the time we'll use the emotion and channel it to get results on the pitch, not as an excuse to bottle our season. It is disgusting to think we've forgotten it. Vichai and the others will forever have a place in our hearts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The atmosphere has been pretty bad when ive been there this season, except for when we're smashing Man City of course

As to your last part, i admit to being guilty of thinking that at times.

But some are reading what he's said in the worst possible light to an absurd degree

We've no idea what the mood is there regarding Vichai, or the extant of it rather. For example, maybe before games now he's not popping into the dressing room for example, it weighs heavily on their minds.

Again, not an excuse for performances, or even related to performances!  But when the fans are so vocally negative, and they are, for all we know inside the club they are thinking, wtf, at times

Again, im speculating, but im allowed to do so if people on here are also allowed to make the absurd claim that Puel is hiding behind Vichai's death

The atmosphere is bad because there is no atmosphere, there's a lot of reasons for that but the style of football is the biggest reason in my opinion.

What I REALLY don't like though is when supporters start jeering Iheanacho or booing decisions in game, never understood it and never will and I believe that contributes to the flat atmosphere we are experiencing at the minute... It's certainly not helping. Fans of other clubs up and down the country would probably be doing the same though, so I should probably just deal with it lol

I agree some people are reading his comments to the worst possible degree and words can get twisted but this is poor form from Puel I think, I'm not entirely happy with his comments.

Just can't help but feel it's broken beyond repair now.

3 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

How dare Puel uses the Copter Crash and the trauma as an excuse for him being a trash manager. No-one has forgotten the trauma that we suffered. We said at the time we'll use the emotion and channel it to get results on the pitch, not as an excuse to bottle our season. It is disgusting to think we've forgotten it. Vichai and the others will forever have a place in our hearts.

TBF he said 'people' not 'our fans' so all you have to do is ask yourself, do you fall into the 'people' bracket, if the answers no then he's not talking about you.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Quote me the bit where he says "us fans" have forgotten.  To me it seems a decent interview and Puel, as always, comes across as a decent guy.  I can admit that he might not be the most exciting guy on Earth but can't see anything in this interview (I mean in his actual words not in the prose or headlines) to have a go at him for? X

The article states that „Puel is hitting back at his critics“, including a portion of us fans as well as the media.

So, yes - it is in parts „us fans“.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

The atmosphere is bad because there is no atmosphere, there's a lot of reasons for that but the style of football is the biggest reason in my opinion.

What I REALLY don't like though is when supporters start jeering Iheanacho or booing decisions in game, never understood it and never will and I believe that contributes to the flat atmosphere we are experiencing at the minute... It's certainly not helping. Fans of other clubs up and down the country would probably be doing the same though, so I should probably just deal with it lol

I agree some people are reading his comments to the worst possible degree and words can get twisted but this is poor form from Puel I think, I'm not entirely happy with his comments.

Just can't help but feel it's broken beyond repair now.

To be fair yeah, your last 2 points, this doesnt feel good and its harder to imagine him being here long term after an interview like that

Just now, MC Prussian said:

The article states that „Puel is hitting back at his critics“, including a portion of us fans as well as the media.

So, yes - it is in parts „us fans“.

You are exactly right, the article states that (ie the author of that article states that).  I don't mind people inferring that Puel means that but quoting him saying "us fans" seems weird and unreasonable?  Anyway, I am an obtuse nobber so I'll stop for now.  X

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So he never mentions "us fans" even though you put quotation marks around "us fans" in your original post?  The only "people" he mentions directly are journalists.  But. hey ho, the world is interesting because people see things differently I suppose.  Nothing in that article offended me but if you see it differently I can't really argue.  X

Right... I, me, was aiming it at people/fans, in the forum, I didn't say Puel was... I THINK he probably is, but I never said he was.

I wasn't offended by what he said, I am just in complete shock that he's brought it up and to me he now looks like a coward.