Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

10 hours ago, dooflip said:

This is an insult to the club, the fans, and top, th victims of the crash and others.

lost what little respect I had.

abother public scapegoating. The last one was a bag of excuses. This one trumps that ten fold.

weve been awful all season, and last.

#eurostarforfraudepuel

#whatfu*kingplanetareyouon :frantics:

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This thread makes me laugh, not only are people content to slag him off without any context at all. I've also seen dozens saying he's said x, y and z when he's never said anything of the sort.

Tanner did a great job. The crowd is completely out of control now. :schmike:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This thread makes me laugh, not only are people content to slag him off without any context at all. I've also seen dozens saying he's said x, y and z when he's never said anything of the sort.

I dont think Puel can win. The fans start showing discontent, then the media jump on it and start linking us with other managers which then makes some fans show even more discontent. I actually feel that if he went on a 5 game winning streak, most on here would still want him gone. When did 8th in the league become so unacceptable? 

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I dont think Puel can win. The fans start showing discontent, then the media jump on it and start linking us with other managers which then makes some fans show even more discontent. I actually feel that if he went on a 5 game winning streak, most on here would still want him gone. When did 8th in the league become so unacceptable? 

He won't and he's a goner. The outers will at best stay quiet when we win and then start polls and Puel out threads after the very next defeat. It won't stop until he goes.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

He won't and he's a goner. The outers will at best stay quite when we win and then start polls and Puel out threads after the very next defeat. It won't stop until he goes.

I think we've got Southampton written all over us! If we make the wrong appointment, whether it be now or in the summer, then it could be a disaster. While i dont disagree with people that we need to play more exciting football, i dont want to be playing exciting football in the championship. There are probably only 2 or 3 managers i can think of that would come here and wouldn't be a disaster throwing us back into the releagtion mix. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That is not the point, is it?

It's mostly about performances, tactics, player roles - and recent results, of course.

The previous "reality check" piece doesn't really help Puel, does it?

With regards to league position, my main concern is that we're about to see us repeat the mistakes from last season. I do hope we take the one goal left to us serious - finishing 7th.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's mostly about performances, tactics, player roles - and recent results, of course.

With regards to league position, my main concern is that we're about to see us repeat the mistakes from last season. I do hope we take the one goal left to us serious - finishing 7th.

Maguire has said as such, that we're going for 7th.  I'm sure as high up the league as possible is the target

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I think we've got Southampton written all over us! If we make the wrong appointment, whether it be now or in the summer, then it could be a disaster. While i dont disagree with people that we need to play more exciting football, i dont want to be playing exciting football in the championship. There are probably only 2 or 3 managers i can think of that would come here and wouldn't be a disaster throwing us back into the releagtion mix. 

I don't know who and what comes after him. If the club decides it's better to sack him, so be it. I'll back the next one like I did with his predecessors, but I really took the measure of a fan during this last year.

Edited by That_Dude

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I agree with that. And if we repeat the end of last season then he absolutely has to go. The last 3 results have been pathetic as has our inability to beat crap teams but there is also a lot of good Puel has done/is doing. If he does go, im also not convinced we'll get the right replacement. Rodgers would be fine but i dont want to see us end up like Southampton and making 2 horrible appointments and flirting with relegation before finally making a decent appointment. Sacking him now would be pointless in my opinion as we would have more options to get a better replacement in the summer than now. I doubt Rodgers would leave celtic now but i could see him being persuaded in the summer. 

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If we were playing decent but losing football people would want him out, I don't care what people say. If he was in the middle of an Eddie Howe run of results, there would be blue bloody murder on here.

Puel never said we needed a reality check.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

Its a fine balance between accepting it has been a tough time but then using it as an excuse. Not sure our lack of creativity has anything to do with what has happened.

However I'm sure mental and emotional fatigue will have an effect on players, especially towards the end of the season. Couple of players have already shown drops in their level recently.

One thing is for sure, Top could do without a manager pursuit at the minute.

• Like 1

I think he’s bang on to say these things. Fans have forgotten so quickly what the club and players are still going through. It’s not something they can move on from overnight. 

That said, it’s questionable how much that has impacted our performances. I guess we will never know. 

Theres loads of other things we dont know too, in particular what happens to Vichais estate, how that affects the clubs finances, tops finances and the long term outlook. 

For that reason I don’t see us spending in jan, I don’t see us sacking Puel, i don’t really even see us spending much over this coming summer. 

This may take well over a year to work itself through and the outcomes may not be pretty. 

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

“Now we have some things and words about finishing seventh or eighth, it is crazy.

“People forget quickly.”

I'll add some context for people. One of the questions in the interview that this was said was "Would not finishing 7th be seen as a failure".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I don’t think Puel can win either,that’s why we don’t like him!

Some people don't understand emotion affects different people in different ways, they are people not robots. Everyone considered Vichai as family in some form or another.

Would you go back to work the next day if a member of your family died? Whilst having the media follow your every move?

I think with all things considered he's done a remarkable job as easily we could have gone into freefall. He has steadied the club through turmoil over the past few months, yes we are inconsistent isn't that to be expected, considering the players may still be grieving or struggling to adapt to what has happened.

This is something you cannot put a time period on.

Yet after a couple of bad results your already sharpening the knives.

Unbelievable. 

• Thanks 3