Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

8 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

The atmosphere is bad because there is no atmosphere, there's a lot of reasons for that but the style of football is the biggest reason in my opinion.

What I REALLY don't like though is when supporters start jeering Iheanacho or booing decisions in game, never understood it and never will and I believe that contributes to the flat atmosphere we are experiencing at the minute... It's certainly not helping. Fans of other clubs up and down the country would probably be doing the same though, so I should probably just deal with it lol

I agree some people are reading his comments to the worst possible degree and words can get twisted but this is poor form from Puel I think, I'm not entirely happy with his comments.

Just can't help but feel it's broken beyond repair now.

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

TBF he said 'people' not 'our fans' so all you have to do is ask yourself, do you fall into the 'people' bracket, if the answers no then he's not talking about you.

Actually yeah, reading it again it does look like he'a talking about journos and media

Just now, MC Prussian said:

The article states that „Puel is hitting back at his critics“, including a portion of us fans as well as the media.

So, yes - it is in parts „us fans“.

But that’s not what Puel has said is it. It’s what the newspaper reporter says. It says “hitting back at his critics” - at no point does Puel have a pop at the fans as you and many others are insinuating.

And you know what? Even if he was, he’d be right. This place was full of people after the accident saying “no matter what happens Puel needs our full backing for the rest of the season” after everything that happened. Absolutely chokka-block. People seemed to get that we were in a bad place and stability was what was required. 

Lo and behold a couple of bad results and many of the same people are calling for him to go. People HAVE forgotten. 

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You dont think there is something a bit wrong with fans effectively putting pressure on Top to sack a manager and the upheaval that will cause when we're top half and in transition and building the training ground etc for the sake of "more entertaining football" right after his Dad died?

Oh God, not the 'transistion' word again.

To be clear I wanted him sacked from Palace last season onwards however after the tragedy I said we needed no more upheaval this season and the fact he then got us to 31 points (somehow) buys him time ,but my goodness he makes it bloody hard to support him as firstly for my season ticket money I want us to win and secondly  I want to see entertainment and he has delivered neither in well over 12 months. 

I would add I find his comments really insulting and if he is trying to drive a bigger wedge between him and a majority of the fans then he has at least succeeded in something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten. 

1. We will never forget 

2. Sickened he’s even using this at all in any context, as some sort of excuse/distraction away from what we are watching. His football hasn’t changed from last season, so don’t bring this up... there is no need 

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Right... I, me, was aiming it at people/fans, in the forum, I didn't say Puel was... I THINK he probably is, but I never said he was.

I wasn't offended by what he said, I am just in complete shock that he's brought it up and to me he now looks like a coward. 

Well it looks like you were referring to Puel ...

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There is a press/media responsible: Anthony Herlihy, communications manager, young-ish guy in his 30ies.

How much control does he have over these interviews? I watched a press conference with Poch the other week and the media guy basically controlled what was asked and refused some questions to be answered, I don’t think his last 3 interviews have come across very well 

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

reality checks and now people have forgotten? wow.

He's right on both counts. People expecting us to challenge the top six because we won the title 3 years ago do need a reality check, and there are a lot that have forgotten the "just back the lads no matter what this season, this accident is bigger than football" attitude voiced less than 3 months ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

But that’s not what Puel has said is it. It’s what the newspaper reporter says. It says “hitting back at his critics” - at no point does Puel have a pop at the fans as you and many others are insinuating.

And you know what? Even if he was, he’d be right. This place was full of people after the accident saying “no matter what happens Puel needs our full backing for the rest of the season” after everything that happened. Absolutely chokka-block. People seemed to get that we were in a bad place and stability was what was required. 

Lo and behold a couple of bad results and many of the same people are calling for him to go. People HAVE forgotten. 

Don't be a prat, no one has forgotten.

However you have a memory problem, couple of bad results? Do you really need another list posting of some of our appalling results in the last 12 months+ mainly at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think he’s spot on, personally. The players and everyone at the club suffered a personal tragedy just 3 months ago. Our poor form is understandable IMO. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Indeed ...   and the memories of some of our fans, which would make goldfish look good, is pretty poor too ...

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd say he's got one of the most difficult jobs going at the minute- massive rebuilding job, the unique problem of losing a revered owner and personal friend to most of the players & staff, a fanbase with massively inflated expectations when compared with reality. On a hiding to nothing.

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten. 

1. We will never forget 

2. Sickened he’s even using this at all in any context, as some sort of excuse/distraction away from what we are watching. His football hasn’t changed from last season, so don’t bring this up... there is no need 

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Without wanting to sound insensitive, it isn't a case of bad form. The pressure on the manager comes from the inconsistency in performances and its very clear we struggle in certain circumstances and are more comfortable in others. I'm not sure why the tragedy will affect one or the other

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Absolutely spot on. He's being challenged by both national and local press as to why so negative at home.  The terrible event that took place earlier in the season is not a reason for that?

The Puel in/out threads are starting to make the old politics thread look harmonious. Puel's becoming as divisive as the search for the Brexit unicorn. 

1 minute ago, Toddybad said:

The Puel in/out threads are starting to make the old politics thread look harmonious. Puel's becoming as divisive as the search for the Brexit unicorn. 

Not really, Puel out has a lot bigger majority than Brexit.

After the helicopter crash I had made my peace with CP, because seeing the aftermatch pictures in Cardiff I thought he had moved closer together with his lads. 

That was a fallacy. After the last games and especially after this new interview, I'm just angry....

14 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

TBF he said 'people' not 'our fans' so all you have to do is ask yourself, do you fall into the 'people' bracket, if the answers no then he's not talking about you.

I'm just worried that we're going to do what we always end up doing and bottling the season because we have nothing to play for and blaming the Crash. 

Last season we could've got 7th and made an effort for Europe but just because we didn't have anything to play for, the players gave up and that string of 1-1 performances ruined a decent season. I dont want it happening again

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I agree with the general notion of „unconditional support“, still it can‘t act as an excuse to hide behind the owner‘s death to justify our poor home form and the type of bland football on display, a type of football that hasn‘t changed in more than a year.

Criticism where criticism is due.

Personally, he‘d have been better off by saying nothing at all, focussing on football rather than the media.

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Well it looks like you were referring to Puel ...

For the last time...

The first sentence “I completely disagree with the above saying ‘us fans’ have forgotten” was aimed at posts from others, not Puel... 

I then go on to say this subject shouldn’t have been brought up by him... that’s when I aim at him... not the first sentence

So to clarify... I /ME referred to fans and didn’t say Puel did... if it’s been read that way well I apologise

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not really, Puel out has a lot bigger majority than Brexit.

What do you base that on a Leicester fans "peoples vote". I.e keep voting until the result is what you want. 

I've been so on the fence about him but he has done it now. That's just crazy to blame this form on the tragedy when it was happening before it. Why didn't he come out and say this after the Chelsea and man city wins? Was that down to players grieving too?

To use this as an excuse just makes him look an absolute cvnt. And to say people are crazy to think we should finish seventh or eighth when that's exactly where we are sitting is a massive sign of how un-ambitious this man is, especially when all he is spouting about is ambition.

Get in the bin puel. Times up pal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Right... I, me, was aiming it at people/fans, in the forum, I didn't say Puel was... I THINK he probably is, but I never said he was.

I wasn't offended by what he said, I am just in complete shock that he's brought it up and to me he now looks like a coward. 

I read it completely wrong and apologise.  X

• Like 1

I don’t know what’s going to happen, and at this point I’m past caring because this is just going round in circles. One thing is certain, he will leave at some point, be it weeks, the end of the season, or longer than that. The tragedy in October has certainly had an impact, but clearly isn’t solely responsible for some of the issues we have. I favour stability but if he goes, he goes. If that decision is to be made I feel it should be in the summer to allow time for them to use the coming months to find a suitable replacement that fits their blueprint. A caretaker would be pointless in my view. I admire a lot of the work he’s done, but this article is just another stick to beat him with when results go against us