Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel says people quickly forget the trauma at Leicester

Every time he speaks to the media his comments seem to cause more division amongst our fan base. Although some of this is probably deliberate "provocative" journalism I find it difficult to believe that he doesn't have a similar impact on the players and coaching staff. He comes across as stubborn and arrogant and nothing is ever his fault.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Coming from you, that is pretty evident.

You wouldn‘t even go near criticizing your fellow compatriot.

Not everyone in the world is a stupid chauvinist, you know.

1 minute ago, Silva Fox said:

Every time he speaks to the media his comments seem to cause more division amongst our fan base. Although some of this is probably deliberate "provocative" journalism I find it difficult to believe that he doesn't have a similar impact on the players and coaching staff. He comes across as stubborn and arrogant and nothing is ever his fault.

Yeah you're right he comes across like a sh*t Mourinho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It will have been recorded probably, but the paper have chosen to post one side of the conversation and that probably tells you everything you need to know. 

This is the Leicester Mercury, it can't be. The club's propaganda tool working against the club? Not so sure about it.

Then again, I've worked for my local newspaper on the side for years, and still hear about what's happening there and do take into consideration what's going in the press industry in general, with layoffs and whatnot. Sad affair on its own. Media in a crisis, needing to rethink their approach to generating interest, to research, news and coverage altogether.

5 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

You could literally take this quote and drop it in a Pearson thread from 4/5 years ago. Without context the comments may seem a distasteful to some but to me it seems like another case of people desperate to be overly offended by something, again.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

This is the Leicester Mercury, it can't be. The club's propaganda tool working against the club? Not so sure about it.

Then again, I've worked for my local newspaper on the side for years, and still hear about what's happening there and do take into consideration what's going in the press industry in general, with layoffs and whatnot. Sad affair on its own. Media in a crisis, needing to rethink their approach to generating interest, to research, news and coverage altogether.

That ended a long time ago, they are more interested in clicks now as the club treat them the same as any other member of the press. 

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

#truthhurts

You know, it's kind of pathetic that you can only say something like "But...but..but you defend him just because you're French" after I destroyed all of your "arguments".

18 minutes ago, yks said:

You know, it's kind of pathetic that you can only say something like "But...but..but you defend him just because you're French" after I destroyed all of your "arguments".

You haven't destroyed anything.

You simply stick up for the manager, not the team and not the club.

Truth is that we have no idea how it's affecting the players and other staff whether they're having counseling, therapy or are just really unhappy about these events.

Then they go onto the pitch as a young team and when things don't go to plan 32,000 'fans' bitch and moan and boo them. They want to be entertained.

Well done us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Truth is that we have no idea how it's affecting the players and other staff whether they're having counseling, therapy or are just really unhappy about these events.

Then they go onto the pitch as a young team and when things don't go to plan 32,000 'fans' bitch and moan and boo them. They want to be entertained.

Well done us.

Or you could look at it as £30-40-50 per match is a hell of a lot of money to some people, and we pump that into the club, and that the boos aren't at the players, but at Puel's tactics, substitutions, game plan, style of overly negative and defensive football?

5 minutes ago, smr said:

Or you could look at it as £30-40-50 per match is a hell of a lot of money to some people, and we pump that into the club, and that the boos aren't at the players, but at Puel's tactics, substitutions, game plan, style of overly negative and defensive football?

Yeah, won the prem a couple of years back. Think you've got your money's worth until about doomsday

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Haha 1

If the boss was still here,I don't think Puel would be, 2 years ago we were the tops,and now we have a poor manager,who was at Southampton & now Leicester, what the hell is the board doing now,it seems to me that they are not bothered,I can see the fans are going to vote with their feet,it seems to me that Puel as some hold over the board

32 minutes ago, yks said:

Not everyone in the world is a stupid chauvinist, you know.

Do not fall into his trap.

It's his recurrent tactic, besides twisting words and only looking at one side of the problem, when he's a bit cornered. He tries then to dismiss your arguments using the nationality bias. He does have some good points though.

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

..   what the hell is the board doing now,it seems to me that they are not bothered,I can see the fans are going to vote with their feet,it seems to me that Puel as some hold over the board ...

Best post of the day mate !! ......

In the talking bolox category ...    :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

That’s exactly the impression he gives me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I think this is an example of the provocative journalism you refer to, particularly as this interview was conducted before the Southampton match.

Strange timing to publish from the Merc. Just adding fuel to fire and creating more toxicity...

8 minutes ago, smr said:

If you expect to be guaranteed entertainment you're spending your money wrongly. No matter who the manager is you won't get a guaranteed entertaining game and a return on your 40 odd quid. Want guaranteed entertainment? Take your ticket money and get a Netflix subscription instead

Just for the record @yks:

I'm not against Puel per se, I just don't think these recent interviews coupled with recent results are doing him any favour with regards to the relationship to the fans.

I think the timing is wrong for these press pieces and that he doesn't appear to be able to reflect upon his deficiencies and (false) decisions as a manager. Most of the time, matches under Puel are a carbon copy of each other.

If he were to approach games with a more proactive gameplan, (slightly) more attacking football, two strikers even (or let's say Iheanacho behind Vardy), if he could minimize the constant sideways and backwards passing aspect of his overly cautious tactics and deploy a system in which Jamie Vardy sees more of the ball, my bet is we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If you expect to be guaranteed entertainment you're spending your money wrongly. No matter who the manager is you won't get a guaranteed entertaining game and a return on your 40 odd quid. Want guaranteed entertainment? Take your ticket money and get a Netflix subscription instead

You can get 4 Netflix subscriptions for that ? just saying