Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueThroughandThrough

Summer rebuilding of the squad

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's showed more guile than Gray has for us, admittedly it's a very small sample size but backs up my view that Ghezzal is a better creator.

938537266_Screenshot2019-02-19at02_13_04.thumb.png.f56e891ddf3615488c5c7f4627b59a4b.png

Seriously someone help me out here. Presumably sh90 means sh*t for 90 minutes?

Notice Ghezzal has exactly 666 minutes!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Completely agree with this RE. Ghezzal.

I'm not going to sit here and say he's been great since signing, but he's done okay. 

The sheer hatred a section of our fanbase has for him is absolutely bizarre. Where I sit in K block, he regularly gets booed when he comes on or if he misplaces a pass.

It's absolutely embarrassing and the most counter-productive behaviour imaginable. In what way is that going to benefit him, us or anyone?

I know our fans aren't blessed with intelligence but this Ghezzal agenda really is baffling. 

Agreed. 

I want him to do well. He hasn't had more than twenty appearances. I can't judge nor condemn. 

32 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

I'm not going to sit here and say he's been great since signing, but he's done okay. 

The sheer hatred a section of our fanbase has for him is absolutely bizarre. Where I sit in K block, he regularly gets booed when he comes on or if he misplaces a pass.

It's absolutely embarrassing and the most counter-productive behaviour imaginable. In what way is that going to benefit him, us or anyone?

I know our fans aren't blessed with intelligence but this Ghezzal agenda really is baffling. 

I agree. He works hard and does his fair share of defensive duties when compared with Maddison for example.  He does make the odd stray pass as do many of then but the 'favourites' disgressions aren't highlighted half as much. In fact his vision, directness and passing when in a more central position is very good I think. Having not been here long with few opportunities in a first season he's done fine. First seasons for foreign players can be quite difficult. Such impatience would have seen great players like Drogba discarded for one. We need a squad also, not just the same 11 players for a variety of reasons. If current one match hero Tielemans has a few bad passes against Palace, do we scrap the deal and dump him as well or is the needle of the hypeometre sufficiently high that we make unexplainable exceptions to the rule? Some players, by sheer nature of the fact that we are all different, will take longer to adapt than others. In an increasingly greedy 'I want it now' entitled way of thinking, some supporters, not just our own, seem to forget the encouragement and support elements of the game. Like the big gob dad's constantly on the backs of their young kids telling them they were shit today at grass roots football level, it's rarely productive for the player thrmselves and usually says more about the perpetrators.

• Like 4

Puel is clearly going to use the remainder of the season to convince himself/the club that gray could be a no 9. 

So so we probably just have to put up with the experiment until it becomes clear that it’s unlikely to ever come to fruition - certainly not in the next twelve months. I have seen enough from dimi’s movement as a striker to know that it simply doesn’t come naturally to him 

if the experiment remains ongoing come may, then perhaps we will stay out of the market for another central forward option 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Puel is clearly going to use the remainder of the season to convince himself/the club that gray could be a no 9. 

So so we probably just have to put up with the experiment until it becomes clear that it’s unlikely to ever come to fruition - certainly not in the next twelve months. I have seen enough from dimi’s movement as a striker to know that it simply doesn’t come naturally to him 

if the experiment remains ongoing come may, then perhaps we will stay out of the market for another central forward option 

Because he's benched Vardy once for Gray, Puel is clearly going to use the rest of the season doing that? Tripe. Why are you fearmongering?

• Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 22:41, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Its not his fault, he's seems a decent type and tries his best.

He's clearly a signing instigated by Puel.

Choosing him over Albrighton early season by Puel wouldn't help his case. He is obviously favoured and his CV and performances generally other than the odd glimmer of hope leave me baffled.

Love to see the guy do well but he shouldn't be in the side ahead of Gray, Albrighton, Riccado at right wing, brought on at the expense of Madison.

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In fairness to Gray he's said that about himself.

Unsure what Puels agenda is, certainly not what he says it is.

26 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Its not his fault, he's seems a decent type and tries his best.

He's clearly a signing instigated by Puel.

Choosing him over Albrighton early season by Puel wouldn't help his case. He is obviously favoured and his CV and performances generally other than the odd glimmer of hope leave me baffled.

Love to see the guy do well but he shouldn't be in the side ahead of Gray, Albrighton, Riccado at right wing, brought on at the expense of Madison.

This is just as bad. Some players get massively overhyped by Leicester fans - Marc is one of them. The fake outrage whenever he doesn’t start is a tad OTT aswell. He’s good but the manager is clearly looking at different options (Ghezzal & Gray) as we don’t really have a stand out winger; Barnes looks like he may be our most threatening. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

This is just as bad. Some players get massively overhyped by Leicester fans - Marc is one of them. The fake outrage whenever he doesn’t start is a tad OTT aswell. He’s good but the manager is clearly looking at different options (Ghezzal & Gray) as we don’t really have a stand out winger; Barnes looks like he may be our most threatening. 

Albrighton is too one dimensional. Everyone knows exactly what he is going to do when he gets the ball, I don't think I've ever actually seen him kick the ball with his left foot.

9 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Albrighton is too one dimensional. Everyone knows exactly what he is going to do when he gets the ball, I don't think I've ever actually seen him kick the ball with his left foot.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point but he scored one of the biggest goals in our history with his left foot against Sevilla lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your point but he scored one of the biggest goals in our history with his left foot against Sevilla lol

Fair enough, your memories clearly better than mine :doh:

Personally, I'd rather see Ghezzal starting on the right though.

14 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Fair enough, your memories clearly better than mine :doh:

Personally, I'd rather see Ghezzal starting on the right though.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, especially against weaker teams where we need a bit more craft. Ultimately I don't think there's too much difference in quality between our wingers and it's definitely our weakest area. If we manage to bring someone in on a similar level to Ricardo and Tielemans (admittedly very early days with the latter) to play out wide I think we've got pretty much all the ingredients for a very good team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Hahahaa I remember a shot he had vs Palace funnily enough at home in the season we won the league. He cut in off the right and when he hit it, it reminded me of when you see 8 year old kids trying to hoof a size 5 ball and it's like they've just booted a bin bag of cement. Pea rolled all the way and somehow hit the inside of the post and then Mahrez missed the follow up.

• Like 1