Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueThroughandThrough

Summer rebuilding of the squad

We've 4 guys going out, Shinji, Fuchs, Simpson and I'd better be unsurprised by Wes going too... 2 full backs that we don't seem to have the youth the step up immediately to replace those leaving, no major issue with the CB situation thankfully but the striker issue is massive and potentially going to cos us dear in £s as it's already compounded by us being short a man already.

Then we need a jiggle to juggle the midfield. All bets are off on Tielemans being affordable If he can perform in this team (fingers crossed in the short-term), though I really do believe our training ground can help us pull the player if we can get past the signing cost of the transfer fee. Again though, it's probably going to be about signing 2 CM's If we can shift Silva (unless by a miracle he turns good in Monaco) and James... if he stays fit.

Then a right winger perhaps, Ghazzel perhaps gets the time to adapt but, crikey, you see the lad run? At full stretch he isn't exactly going to scare too many types and... well, I'm biased is the short of it, I just don't think he's all that nor will he be.

So, the potential list is:

2 full backs, one for either side... maybe just the left to be fair to Amarty. 

2 CM's

2 forward players, a 9 and 10

A winger potentially

Financially we're clearing a fair bit off the books in wages, those 4 out of contract... 200k? 250k? We will have... 80m for new players? Maybe optimistic but I think we need all the dollars possible for this summer. 

Who do we get? Youth? A mix with a key bit of experience? In what positions? What second division leagues in europe have a stand out player we can poach? While we most likely won't be able to afford Loftus Cheekiness as that's probably our budget (unless we can pay in instalments), what player would you go all out for? 

In my mind we're 3 players from being next level, playing in 7th and pushing for 6th, as admittedly are others... how do we beat them?

Goalkeepers:

Schmeichel, Ward, Johansson

RB:

Pereira, Amartey

CB:

Maguire, Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Hughes

LB: 

Chillwell, Elder maybe a new backup LB

CM:

N’didi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans, Wright

Wingers: Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, Ghezzal, New winger

CAM: Maddison, New CAM

ST: Vardy, New striker, Muskwe

OUT:

Morgan (free)

Okazaki (free)

Fuchs (free)

Simpson (free)

Jakupovic (100k)

king (250k)

Silva (5 mil)

Slimani (3mil)

Diabate (500k)

Iheanacho (loan)

James (loan) - as I doubt anyone will buy

try and get Knight, Nduwku, Johnson, Pascanu and Dewsbery-Hall Championship or league one club loans. I included Johansson, Hughes, Wright and Muskwe from the u23’s as some will have to stay and play under 23 football but would be more than good enough to be back up and feature on the bench a few times during the season. The rest of the under 23’s I don’t think are good enough or too young to consider  a loan move. 

Edited by LCFC FOX
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Goalkeepers:

Schmeichel, Ward, Johansson

RB:

Pereira, Amartey

CB:

Maguire, Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Hughes

LB: 

Chillwell, Elder maybe a new backup LB

CM:

N’didi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans, Wright

Wingers: Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, Ghezzal, New winger

CAM: Maddison, New CAM

ST: Vardy, New striker, Muskwe

OUT:

Morgan (free)

Okazaki (free)

Fuchs (free)

Simpson (free)

Jakupovic (100k)

king (250k)

Silva (5 mil)

Slimani (3mil)

Iheanacho (loan)

try and get Knight, Nduwku, Johnson, Pascanu and Dewsbery-Hall Championship or league one club loans. I included Johansson, Hughes, Wright and Muskwe from the u23’s as some will have to stay and play under 23 football but would be more than good enough to be back up and feature on the bench a few times during the season. The rest of the under 23’s I don’t think are good enough or too young to consider  a loan move. 

Should have thought Barnes could possibly take the spare CAM and even striker positions.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

So my take on it would be that Elder will be reserve left back for Chilwell and maybe Johnson on the right but wouldn’t be suprised to see someone bought here.

Ideally Tielemans does well and we do a Silva swap plus cash deal with Monaco - don’t think we need another CM aside from that personally. This is where most of the summer cash will be spent.

Agreed we need a striker in - wouldn’t be at all suprised to see Che Adams come in, we won’t be getting anyone with “prem” experience as they wouldn’t be first choice. Expect to see Slimani moved on in the summer. 

Cant see anyone coming in on the wings, in terms of numbers we are well stocked, unless someone of real quality comes available to us.

In terms of wages being freed up it could be a fair bit:

Shinji: 35k

Fuchs: 50k

Wes: 50k

Simpson: 45k

Slimani: 80k

Silva: 80k

King? 40k

Thats potentially 380k a week 

I've not been closely following things with him, but last I saw he hasn't even been making the teamsheet for Championship Ipswich. I'd love him to be a capable backup, but I don't know how confident I'd be with him as the next in line if Chilwell were to pick up an injury really.

• Like 1

I think we will make quite a few signings, but for the most part won't be expensive ones. I feel we will be looking to add squad members more than first team players. The one caveat to this is central midfield with the Youri Tielemans signing indicating to me that this will be the priority signing in the summer. I doubt we can get him, but someone young and with a lot of talent. This time I doubt the player will come from the Championship as even though there are some great players down there, I don't think there's anyone that stands out as someone that can dominate a game, not even Mason Mount. This is the player that IMO if we sign correctly makes us the 7th best team (or maybe even better) in the league. He might be a bit old for our club strategy, but if Fulham get relegated, I could see Seri coming here.

I also think we will sign Che Adams. Many teams will be after him but surely the fact that he is from Leicester will work in our favour and I think he'd quite suit our style of play and would be patient to accept rotating with Vardy. Allasane Plea of Borussia MGB might also be an option as a former Puel old-boy but I think he would be too expensive for us.

Other signings I think will just be squad options. Probably a promising left back and maybe another player than can play the 10 role, though with Barnes and Ghezall we might already have enough cover here. Maybe another winger option but we'd have to move on Diabate if that was the case first.

To be honest I just hope we sign quality over quantity. Almost all of our young players are improving, even IMO Gray. Only Ihenacho is the one that I think we should cut our losses and sell to West Ham who with Pellegrini in charge would probably take.

• Like 4

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Just to make it a fun game, who'd you replace them with? Try to keep it semi-realistic! :) 

I'd also missed Slimani, Mendy, Silva and King.

Wouldn't replace Morgan or Maguire as got Soyuncu and Benkovic. Be tempted not to replace Simpson as we have Amartey to come back. Would look for 2 new central midfielders (Tielemans and Mooy or Seri). I would look who's contracts are up around Europe for a backup left back, very much like what we did in bringing Fuchs in. We have a kid called Luke Thomas who kay well be up there with Chilwell in the next 2-3 seasons and Elder seems highly rated by some.

The fee we'd get for Gray I'd look at Michael Gregoritsch from Aufsburg or if they would somehow let him go then Lookman at Everton or Harry Wilson at Liverpool. Would give us a better presence through the wide areas and up top. If Ghezzal went as well then I'd love to see Brais Mendes come in front Celta Vigo got a 22m release clause.

In attack I'd happily have Che Adam's or that Morales from Rangers (complete nut job) and a physical striker such as Wesley from Club Brugge. Never had a Brazilian on our books.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would love to be able to sign Tielemans or someone young and promising like Sandro Tonali or Nicolo Barella in Italy, or even taking a punt on Julian Weigl who has fallen out of favour a bit in Dortmund. Those players have the ability and vision to open the game up and dictate from midfield.

I’d love to sign Che Adams (long term replacement for Vardy) and also Luka Jovic, would compliment Vardy well and a solid plan B to give us more aerial prescience up front.

That and I think we’d be sound.

We’ve got Amartey to cover RB

We’ve got Elder to back up Chilly (this Thomas lad sounds decent if he continues to progress)

Barnes, Gray and Ghezzal can all play the 10 role.

No need for a new CB because we’ve already got one coming, welcome home Benko x

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I would love to be able to sign Tielemans or someone young and promising like Sandro Tonali or Nicolo Barella in Italy, or even taking a punt on Julian Weigl who has fallen out of favour a bit in Dortmund. Those players have the ability and vision to open the game up and dictate from midfield.

I’d love to sign Che Adams (long term replacement for Vardy) and also Luka Jovic, would compliment Vardy well and a solid plan B to give us more aerial prescience up front.

That and I think we’d be sound.

We’ve got Amartey to cover RB

We’ve got Elder to back up Chilly (this Thomas lad sounds decent if he continues to progress)

Barnes, Gray and Ghezzal can all play the 10 role.

No need for a new CB because we’ve already got one coming, welcome home Benko x

One more wide player I think as well, long term still not sure on Gray and Ghezzal..I think we could still hoodwink someone in to paying £20m+ for Gray.

Top priority is Tielmans or a similarly dispositioned CM creator. After that, I would be laser focused on getting Brais Mendez if it’s remotely possible. Then a striker. Even if Harry leaves, I’d stick with the central defenders we have with Benkovic added to the mix and a ton of U-23 options.

• Like 2

I would be after Delph if we had the chance. He could play in a two or three in the midfield and can provide cover to chilwell (or a new lb if chilwell goes). He can tackle and distribute the ball well. Don't think he would cost much and would bring a good solid pro that has won a lot to guide ndidi and the other young lads. Also still think we would need one more like tielemans, mooy or seri as previously suggested just to make sure we had a creative influence too.