Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueThroughandThrough

Summer rebuilding of the squad

Our goals seem to come from 4 sources in the main. Vardy who Puel wants to phase out seemingly, Albrighton, similarly going to be back up, Maddison who whilst not prolific has pretty much saved our season with his first half contributions and Ricardo but only really when he plays on the wing rather than at right back.

We are bringing through youth and it is exciting and I can see Barnes finding some goal scoring form but whoever we sign.... They are going to need to know where the back of the net is. Just sayin.

• Like 1

An eye opener for those that scoff at Puels over use of certain words, balance being 1 of them, is an article by Pep for SSports where he says he can't find room to put Man City's  record signing into the team currently and he will have to be content with a place on the bench and bit parts.

Due to the fact it's Man City these players whilst probably not happy will put up with it but for a team like Leicester we can't go splashing out on big signings and loading every base with 3 top quality players which is where our model and staff come into their own.

We have a very good starting 11 with a half decent bench, YT is the missing link for me or a player of that type and what ever transfer funds we have the majority of it must be spent securing him / that type this summer.

I'm not all that fussed if we don't sign an out and out striker, if Vardy goes yes if not no.

Hear me out before I get sectioned by a few, say we go for Mitrovic , a player I think would be perfect for us, we won't play 2 upfront, not many teams do, so going back to the start of my post who sits on the bench and who plays? both Vards and him would expect to play but 1 will dip out, it also pushes out other options from current players + limits the integration of up and coming players 2 or 3 we can mention from DV squad + on loan, the cabbage etc, even Hirst @ OHL if that was the plan to get him to us via the back door.

Vardy is important to us I get that he sets the tone and his name scares defenders but I wouldn't be adverse to playing the team v Spurs it just needs repetition to click, I'm sure Vardy will be deployed in the same set up and great it's a win win for us, we get vardy + we find our own solution internally. 

So summer clear out of Morgan, Simpson, Oki who probably shouldn't be on the bench anymore adds nothing and would rather see a DV player there, Fuchs going anyway, Silva not worked, possibly Mendy I mentioned balance and change of shape with buying YT/Type no need for 3 1st team DM.

Peps comments also double edged for us as hopefully it will highlight to those young spotlighted players they may just be better sitting where they are.

On 13/02/2019 at 13:27, Babylon said:

It was done by a manager trying to take a leaf out of Pearsons man management book, look after your players and be seen to look after them! With a Chairman behind him who also looks after people.

Which is all well and good

But was financially ridiculous 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 21:59, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't be too upset to see the following leave in the summer: Maguire, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Mendy, James, Gray, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho and then obviously Slimani, King and Silva.

Last season I named 14 players I'd have been happy to leave many of which is in your list of 13. The only one I'd keep is Ghezzal as I do think he will be much better next season after a full pre season.

The one area that still worries me is our lack of physicality and I hope we address it in the Summer. We've dropped points to lesser teams because of it, notably Crystal Palace, Burnley, Wolves. Brighton. Though Wolves are decent.

If we can address that and add a goal scorer then we'll be well on our way to top 7 Europe and good Cup runs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Torino are holding out for a lot of money and have done for years, doubt we'll get him.

Yeah, he was being touted out for nearly £100m, so unless that's dropped by 300% we won't be getting him. Genoa, have picked up some right bargains in the last season or so, I do think the Italian league is a league to keep an eye on though, they seem to be back on the up.

• Like 1

Jakupovic - Sell
Simpson - Release
Johnson - Loan
Morgan - Release
Hughes - Loan
Knight - Loan
Fuchs - Release
Elder - Sell 
Diabate - Loan
Silva - Sell
James - Sell
King - Sell
Kapustka - Loan
Okazaki - Release
Iheanacho - Loan
Slimani - Sell

Then I think we need probably four new players. 

Lb - probably get slated for this but Alberto Moreno is out of contract at Liverpool, still a decent age and lots of experience for a back up. 

Cm - Tielemans if at all possible or someone in his mould

RW - Neres or Mendez

ST - preferably someone big and strong, personal choice would be Haller from frankfurt

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

Jakupovic - Sell
Simpson - Release
Johnson - Loan
Morgan - Release
Hughes - Loan
Knight - Loan
Fuchs - Release
Elder - Sell 
Diabate - Loan
Silva - Sell
James - Sell
King - Sell
Kapustka - Loan
Okazaki - Release
Iheanacho - Loan
Slimani - Sell

Lb - probably get slated for this but Alberto Moreno is out of contract at Liverpool, still a decent age and lots of experience for a back up. 

RW - Neres or Mendez

ST - preferably someone big and strong, personal choice would be Haller from frankfurt

You know what? Moreno is awful, but for free for a season or two, I'd consider him, allowing us some breathing space to bring through Ughelumba and/or Thomas who both look quite good.

I doubt we would manage Haller, Frankfurt are on the up and getting Europa every season. 

18 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

Jakupovic - Sell
Simpson - Release
Johnson - Loan
Morgan - Release
Hughes - Loan
Knight - Loan
Fuchs - Release
Elder - Sell 
Diabate - Loan
Silva - Sell
James - Sell
King - Sell
Kapustka - Loan
Okazaki - Release
Iheanacho - Loan
Slimani - Sell

RW - Neres or Mendez

So 16 outgoings and 4 incoming??

18 minutes ago, Beechey said:

11 of those outgoing aren't even getting a look in the squad though.

So for all intents and purposes, it's more like 5 out and 4 in.

Think you'd have to cut back on some of those loans. CB for example, you're leaving yourself with 4 options once you've sent the 3 out on loan and released Wes. Pick up a couple of injuries and/or suspensions and you're really struggling, same with CM options. Tbh I agree with the outs and ins but I just think we'd need to be a bit more stingy with our loan arrangements or ensure we had easy recall options

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You know what? Moreno is awful, but for free for a season or two, I'd consider him, allowing us some breathing space to bring through Ughelumba and/or Thomas who both look quite good.

I doubt we would manage Haller, Frankfurt are on the up and getting Europa every season. 

Why would you want an ‘awful’ left back?

Not sure you’ve thought that one through...

:D

I suspect he’ll return to Spain

On 17/02/2019 at 19:18, Clever Fox said:

Last season I named 14 players I'd have been happy to leave many of which is in your list of 13. The only one I'd keep is Ghezzal as I do think he will be much better next season after a full pre season.

The one area that still worries me is our lack of physicality and I hope we address it in the Summer. We've dropped points to lesser teams because of it, notably Crystal Palace, Burnley, Wolves. Brighton. Though Wolves are decent.

If we can address that and add a goal scorer then we'll be well on our way to top 7 Europe and good Cup runs.

After a full pre season how many times I heard that .

Yes, i know but it's true. Players coming to this league rarely have the physical presence to cope with the intensity of the premiership. By the new season they're usually feeling stronger in themselves, more settled in their surroundings, the squad and trying to impress and do well.  That's generally the way it works out as it did with Mahrez.

Ghezzal will follow a similar path though maybe not to the same highs. But he has a lot of qualities I like, confidence in the ball,  an eye for goal, willing to track back, plus he can play in a few positions which is usually the sign of a good player.

This is why I hope we keep him at least one more year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, i know but it's true. Players coming to this league rarely have the physical presence to cope with the intensity of the premiership. By the new season they're usually feeling stronger in themselves, more settled in their surroundings, the squad and trying to impress and do well.  That's generally the way it works out as it did with Mahrez.

Ghezzal will follow a similar path though maybe not to the same highs. But he has a lot of qualities I like, confidence in the ball,  an eye for goal, willing to track back, plus he can play in a few positions which is usually the sign of a good player.

This is why I hope we keep him at least one more year.

Thing is though the players that do need a year to adapt usually show some positive signs. 

We’re clutching at straws to say Ghezzal has shown anything to believe he will improve. A decent first half against Burnley in the number 10 role when we already have Maddison & Barnes who can play there.. Also a couple goals coming on as a sub... These are his only highlights.

Get rid, before we have to suffer more disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 00:37, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Mitrovic if Fulham go down.

how about Milosevic, Milojevic, and Mitrovic (from the three London Clubs).  Not much chance of the last one or the second one I guess but would make it fun to listen to the commentators getting them all mixed up. 

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Are City thirsty for a return for Danny Drinkwater, or has his career gone down the pan at Chelsea?

I see him winding up at a different mid-table club, though I put a non-zero chance that if Sarri goes he gets one last shot at the squad - who knows? As for Leicester, he doesn't fit the trending direction of the club plus that last thing CLAUDE wants is snake reinforcements.

5 hours ago, nwl fox said:

So 16 outgoings and 4 incoming??

You can probably promote say 4 from the u23’s plus Benko, so realistically that means we need nearer to 6/8 coming in and that will take some serious bedding in over a short pre-season.