Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueThroughandThrough

Summer rebuilding of the squad

Anyone else worried we could lose some very good youngsters this summer ?

Maguire likely to go, and personally won't mind as long as we replace well.

Chilwell is going to attract a lot of interest in the summer and if Pep comes a knocking it might be hard to keep him.

Maddison will attract attention too

Periera the season he has had will attract interest too.

Hope we keep all bar Maguire out of those.

Goals is going to be the big problem, can't keep relying on Vardy, and that is gonna cost us !!! 

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Che Adams hat trick . Gerrimin

One Goal away from Claridges record tally of 20 league goals in a season (25 total) and some questioned why we would buy him. What do they know. 

Not the finished product but top young hungry Leicester lad, no brainier. I know he’d love to come here too but not sure the club have really pushed on this one - but they should IMO. 

19 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Anyone else worried we could lose some very good youngsters this summer ?

Maguire likely to go, and personally won't mind as long as we replace well.

Chilwell is going to attract a lot of interest in the summer and if Pep comes a knocking it might be hard to keep him.

Maddison will attract attention too

Periera the season he has had will attract interest too.

Hope we keep all bar Maguire out of those.

Goals is going to be the big problem, can't keep relying on Vardy, and that is gonna cost us !!! 

I think we're going to be alright retaining our players. I'm expecting Maguire to stay and be handed the captain's armband. We might get interest from other clubs admittedly but this might be enough to sway him to stick around.

With respect to the other players, Chilwell might get interest but we've room to offer him a bigger contract with the drop in wages, Maddy I don't think is ready to be called on by a bigger team at this point and Periera we can do the same as he is ready to be poached by a bigger team to be fair.

We should hold out, the club citing to the players they need this year to not lose anyone as they've such a job to rebuild this year. The new training ground might sway opinion on the future of the club and the players part in that and of course so might the signings we make.

Whether Puel is around for that I don't know. I do understand the issues he faces with clubs parking the bus and us (hopefully till today) not having a midfielder who could run the show in those situations. I believe he prioritized correctly with the players he bought (Ghezzel yet to be seen). It's been a season of disheartening results but we've had some amazing surprises too.

If we do decide to change direction with the manager depends on the rest of the season, we now have no excuses, we've got the squad he wants, play on...

On 08/02/2019 at 20:25, SMX11 said:

I am not sure Mags is worth much more than that! If it was Man U chasing him there would be at least 10 mil surcharge on the valuation though ;)

For me there's no way we'd sell for less than Van Dyke kinda money, it'll be nearly 2 years since his transfer and HM is at least as good a prospect at the same age as VD was

In terms of our starting 11, I don't think too much is needed in the summer. For me,it's more about filling the squad with capable deputies. 

Kasper is a solid GK. He may not be having the best season but he's still a quality PL keeper.

Ward is a more than capable back up. 

A defence of Ricky, Chilwell,Maguire and Evans is one of the better back fours in the league. Soyuncu and Benkovic are good options at CB. We'll need a LB for definate but RB is debatable depending on Amartey recovering the form he had before his injury. 

Ndidi and Tielemans have the potential to be a cracking partnership so the latter is a must for me. Hamza would be my choice as backup to Ndidi and I think we could do with a player with a similair style to Tielemans in case he is injured. 

Maddison is a solid no.10 for me with plenty of potential. Similarly Barnes has the makings of a good PL winger so they should keep their spots. I would argue that a first choice RW option is an absolute must as Gray is unreliable. That would leave Gray, Albrighton and Ghezzal as back up to the 3 attacking Mids which is more than adequate. 

Vardy is Vardy and will be first choice striker but it's obvious we need another quality option.

So all in all, I think we need..... a LB, CM, RW and striker with the RW and Striker being more off an importance to be starting quality. 

There are a decent number of surplus players leaving this year like Simpson, Okazaki, Fuchs, Morgan? And probably a good few more so it's not a huge ask. 

I honestly don't think we're too far off a really good team. 

• Like 3

Outs:

Slimani

Silva

King

Jakupovic

James

Simpson

Okazaki

Wes

James

Fuchs

Ins:

Reserve left back

Starting high quality CM

Winger (maybe) - I did say winger previously, but now I'm debating it with the emergence of Barnes. We might have enough if he has a good enough of the season and Diabate does well and gets confidence on loan.

High quality striker fit to take over from Vardy.

Queston marks over another cm and another cb as personally I like to have 5 of both around. Depends on youth players we have, or availability of a few old heads being available on frees. (You could keep James and Wes as emergency 5th choices)

• Like 2

Striker and Midfielder please. Tielemans looks like the kind of player we have been missing and although I don't think we can sign him that type of player will be essential. I don't want us to sign a proven striker who will want to start every week, we have tried that before and it hasn't worked. Could do with someone younger, with potential who we could develop over the next season. As previously suggested someone like Che Adams would be perfect.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Outs:

Slimani

Silva

King

Jakupovic

James

Simpson

Okazaki

Wes

James

Fuchs

Ins:

Reserve left back

Starting high quality CM

Winger (maybe) - I did say winger previously, but now I'm debating it with the emergence of Barnes. We might have enough if he has a good enough of the season and Diabate does well and gets confidence on loan.

Queston marks over another cm and another cb as personally I like to have 5 of both around. Depends on youth players we have, or availability of a few old heads being available on frees. (You could keep James and Wes as emergency 5th choices)

I concur and I'd sign that in a heartbeat.

Goalkeeper situation is settled, I don't think Kasper can afford to leave this summer with the contract he's on. But I'd urge the club to look at possible replacements in the 26 to 30 yo bracket already, you never know... Or else they are prepared to push Ward as No.1 in the near future?

Defenders: Maguire, Evans, Söyüncü, Benkovic, Morgan as back-up if needed. Chilwell and another left-back (Elder to stay?), right-back with Pereira and potentially another new player as back-up (depending on Amartey's healing process).

Still think we could do with a quality or slightly older winger who's a bit more experienced, I'm not sure Barnes, Ghezzal, Gray and Diabaté (if returning for good) are good enough at this point. I like the look of Barnes, though. Albrighton would be my first choice on the team sheet - I'd wish for more wingers with his attitude and workrate. Gray especially needs some inner motivation, has been stagnating for too long, his end product is lacking still. Maybe the introduction of Barnes can change things for the better there...

Central midfield looks good with Maddison and Choudhury. Question marks over Ndidi and Mendy, as I'm wondering whether there's still room for improvement.

Surely need at least one quality central midfielder with attacking prowess, let's see how Tielemans does in the next seven, eight, nine matches.

The striker situation... Well, we have Iheanacho. Guy's an enigma. Can play sensationally well under the circumstances, why is he so out of form right now? Low on confidence? Guy needs to play, especially given the fact that we paid big money for him. I just don't want this to be another Silva Situation, where we pay millions of pounds, only for the player hardly ever donning the shirt. Would be such a waste of talent.

Edited by MC Prussian

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Outs:

Slimani

Silva

King

Jakupovic

James

Simpson

Okazaki

Wes

James

Fuchs

Ins:

Reserve left back

Starting high quality CM

Getting rid of James twice is a cunning plan but as he has a contract beyond 2020 I believe , this might not happen 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The striker situation... Well, we have Iheanacho. Guy's an enigma. Can play sensationally well under the circumstances, why is he so out of form right now? Low on confidence? Guy needs to play, especially given the fact that we paid big money for him. I just don't want this to be another Silva Situation, where we pay millions of pounds, only for the player hardly ever donning the shirt. Would be such a waste of talent.

We definitely need another striker, i'd personally like to see us sign Che Adams.

In regards to Iheanacho, unfortunately I haven't seen anything to suggest this isn't another Silva situation. However we can't sell everyone, so I'd keep him and Gray in the summer but if they continue to under perform then i'd loan them out in January with an option to buy in the summer of 2020. I guess in an ideal world they will do well for their new clubs so we can make a large profit on Gray and recoup the £25m on Iheanacho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Outs:

Slimani

Silva

King

Jakupovic

James

Simpson

Okazaki

Wes

James

Fuchs

Ins:

Reserve left back

Starting high quality CM

You must really have it in for James lol he won't go as I think he's on a lengthy contract unless he drops down divisions.

I'm not Mendys biggest fan and given we have 2 younger and arguably better CDMs I'd be in favour of adding him to the list of outs and bring in another high quality box to box mid (ala Tielemans) albeit and I'm being greedy here.. maybe 2 for backup.

Striker is absolutely the priority, something to offer another dimension.. not looking to hound Vardy out but it is true we need to look forward as a club and we're desperately low of options in this department.

Anything else I think we have sufficient cover

58 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Getting rid of James twice is a cunning plan but as he has a contract beyond 2020 I believe , this might not happen 

Allowing Matt James to sign a new contract at the club was the single most bewildering piece of business that LCFC have done in a long time.

I say again... wtf? 

I’ll never get it. If he was fully fit and competing for a first team place, then fine. But he’s not. He’s miles off...

It’s almost like it was done as a sympathy vote?

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£40 mil for Tielemans is speculated at the club. 

That sounds reasonable if we consider Silva as a makeweight for part of that. Assuming he does well at Monaco over the next 3 months you'd assume we could recoup about 10m for him, so Silva + 30m for a kid who was one of Europe's hottest properties 2 years ago? We've spent similar on lower quality.

• Like 3

The problem with keeping Harry is we have needs that are going to be expensive, and CB is a position of strength.  I've seen Tielmans, Mendez and Adams suggested - and sure, that would be a phenomenal haul  But let's say - very optimistically - $30m and Silva gets you Tielmans.  $15-20m for Adams, $30m for Mendez.  That's $75-80 million conservatively, and there's no way the club could do that without selling Maguire for $50-60 million (which is what I think he would bring).

59 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

You must really have it in for James lol he won't go as I think he's on a lengthy contract unless he drops down divisions.

I'm not Mendys biggest fan and given we have 2 younger and arguably better CDMs I'd be in favour of adding him to the list of outs and bring in another high quality box to box mid (ala Tielemans) albeit and I'm being greedy here.. maybe 2 for backup.

Striker is absolutely the priority, something to offer another dimension.. not looking to hound Vardy out but it is true we need to look forward as a club and we're desperately low of options in this department.

Anything else I think we have sufficient cover

Players like Mendy and Iheanacho would be on the next batch of outs. I'm not sold on either, but we are already losing a large amount of players so I think you need to keep some continuity.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£40 mil for Tielemans is speculated at the club. 

I've said a few times since Sunday that it seems pretty similar to the Felipe Anderson to West Ham deal which has worked out quite well for them so far. Its a lot of money, but if he carries on in the same vein as he did against Spurs then it'll be a worthwhile investment.

If Silva can perform well we might be able to bring that down a bit in a player+cash deal.

Rudkin might even try and be a bit sneaky and add in performance-based add-ons. Something like £30m guaranteed (in instalments) +£5m for Europa League qualification + £5m for CL qualification.