Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

Guest MattP
44 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's been widely reported.

The fact that you choose not to believe wiil be no surprise to anyone.

I've just Googled it and the only thing that came up with it was The Canary - feel free to post some links.

If true though what a sad state of affairs, the winning Labour party the first to be investigated for Racism by the ECHR since the BNP with an antisemitic candidate and the second place party doing what you claim.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

How does it move Corbyn closer to No 10 as I saw earlier? They've just retained a seat they already had.

Maybe because the BNP Brexit Party will split the right wing vote by taking votes from the Tories? Maybe it also shows that people will vote on other issues besides Brexit and Farage doesn't have any other policies to offer?

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've just Googled it and the only thing that came up with it was The Canary - feel free to post some links.

If true though what a sad state of affairs, the winning Labour party the first to be investigated for Racism by the ECHR since the BNP with an antisemitic candidate and the second place party doing what you claim.

I'm claiming nothing other than it has been widely reported:

"Brexit party insiders said Labour’s reliance upon a mainly Pakistani vote in inner-city wards had been the difference between the parties."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/07/peterborough-byelection-result-labour-sees-off-brexit-party-threat-to-hold-seat

“Some of these houses had 14 people in them registered to vote. It would be interesting to see what proportion voted Labour,” said one.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3013522/uks-labour-scrapes-past-brexit-party-hold-seat-peterborough

The Guardian has since amended their article but it is referenced here:

https://evolvepolitics.com/the-guardian-in-racism-row-after-implying-labour-may-have-relied-on-asian-voters-for-peterborough-by-election-victory/

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Maybe because the BNP Brexit Party will split the right wing vote by taking votes from the Tories? Maybe it also shows that people will vote on other issues besides Brexit and Farage doesn't have any other policies to offer?

Pretty much this. I don't agree with much that Comrade Buce says either, but he's right for once.

TBP will need to come up with some good social policy's to entice the labour voters, will be hard though, all labour need to do is stick a rosette on the nearest lampost and it will get a seat in some areas.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

How does it move Corbyn closer to No 10 as I saw earlier? They've just retained a seat they already had.

There's a credible argument for that:

- Brexit Party are taking more votes from the Tories than Labour, but not enough to win many seats themselves -> Their main impact, under FPTP, could well be to hand Tory seats to Labour (& Lib Dems & SNP)

- Several Tory leadership contenders are overtly/effectively advocating No Deal Brexit in October, but if a handful of Tory MPs vote No Confidence to avoid that, we get an autumn general election with Brexit undone -> potential massacre of Tories

- Holding that seat (which was Tory until 2017) reduces internal party pressure on Corbyn to properly back a second referendum

However, there's an awful lot that could go wrong with that theory.....

- The new Tory leader could be popular with voters (can't be much less popular than May!)

- Given the dire consequences for their party, Tory MPs opposed to No Deal might not vote "no confidence", so No Deal might happen in October (might also happen due to EU refusing an extension)

- Whatever they say now, the new PM might request another Brexit extension in October -> No lost confidence vote

- At a general election, in some seats (North/Midlands) Labour will lose more votes to Brexit Party than Tories do, potentially losing seats to the Tories under FPTP

- Farage might increase the Brexit Party vote by coming up with some attractive policies (or bullshit rhetoric about policies), meaning he wins a lot of seats, including Labour seats

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

There's a credible argument for that:

- Brexit Party are taking more votes from the Tories than Labour, but not enough to win many seats themselves -> Their main impact, under FPTP, could well be to hand Tory seats to Labour (& Lib Dems & SNP)

- Several Tory leadership contenders are overtly/effectively advocating No Deal Brexit in October, but if a handful of Tory MPs vote No Confidence to avoid that, we get an autumn general election with Brexit undone -> potential massacre of Tories

- Holding that seat (which was Tory until 2017) reduces internal party pressure on Corbyn to properly back a second referendum

However, there's an awful lot that could go wrong with that theory.....

- The new Tory leader could be popular with voters (can't be much less popular than May!)

- Given the dire consequences for their party, Tory MPs opposed to No Deal might not vote "no confidence", so No Deal might happen in October (might also happen due to EU refusing an extension)

- Whatever they say now, the new PM might request another Brexit extension in October -> No lost confidence vote

- At a general election, in some seats (North/Midlands) Labour will lose more votes to Brexit Party than Tories do, potentially losing seats to the Tories under FPTP

- Farage might increase the Brexit Party vote by coming up with some attractive policies (or bullshit rhetoric about policies), meaning he wins a lot of seats, including Labour seats

So basically, anything could happen.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, simFox said:

Pretty much this. I don't agree with much that Comrade Buce says either, but he's right for once.

TBP will need to come up with some good social policy's to entice the labour voters, will be hard though, all labour need to do is stick a rosette on the nearest lampost and it will get a seat in some areas.

Good luck with that ? they have one policy which is a no deal brexit on 31 October. It's a simple message to 'get on with it' which appeals to a large chunk of people who either don't understand or don't care about the damaging consequences of it. I'm quite shocked they didn't win yesterday in a 61% leave seat. It seems there aren't as many of these people as I thought.

The more the Brexit Party expands, the more problems it will have. It's managed very centrally at the moment which means the loonies are under control, but if they ever field candidates for elections I'm sure there will be similar stories to what we had from old Ukipper candidates.

Edited by ousefox

4 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Good luck with that ? they have one policy which is a no deal brexit on 31 October. It's a simple message to 'get on with it' which appeals to a large chunk of people who either don't understand or don't care about the damaging consequences of it. I'm quite shocked they didn't win yesterday in a 61% leave seat. It seems there aren't as many of these people as I thought.

The more the Brexit Party expands, the more problems it will have. It's managed very centrally at the moment which means the loonies are under control, but if they ever field candidates for elections I'm sure there will be similar stories to what we had from old Ukipper candidates.

It's already happened with MEP Anne Widdecombe claiming science may come up with a cure for being gay.

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Buce said:

I'm claiming nothing other than it has been widely reported:

"Brexit party insiders said Labour’s reliance upon a mainly Pakistani vote in inner-city wards had been the difference between the parties."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/07/peterborough-byelection-result-labour-sees-off-brexit-party-threat-to-hold-seat

“Some of these houses had 14 people in them registered to vote. It would be interesting to see what proportion voted Labour,” said one.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3013522/uks-labour-scrapes-past-brexit-party-hold-seat-peterborough

The Guardian has since amended their article but it is referenced here:

https://evolvepolitics.com/the-guardian-in-racism-row-after-implying-labour-may-have-relied-on-asian-voters-for-peterborough-by-election-victory/

So not a single piece of actual evidence then and your definition of widely reported is three websites one of which is amended.

I heard the Tory shouted "I agree with you" btw..and it might have been racist Boris.

Farage also was blacking up in the toilet. Honest. 

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

So not a single piece of actual evidence then and your definition of widely reported is three websites one of which is amended.

I heard the Tory shouted "I agree with you" btw..and it might have been racist Boris.

Farage also was blacking up in the toilet. Honest. 

Believe what you want to believe, Matt, it’s no skin off my nose. 

But everybody else can see which party has captured the racist vote from the BNP and UKIP, even if you can’t. 

Oh, and Farage wasn’t blacking up in the toilet - he was slinking out of the back door with his tail between his legs. 

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

But everybody else can see which party has captured the racist vote from the BNP and UKIP, even if you can’t. 

Oh, and Farage wasn’t blacking up in the toilet - he was slinking out of the back door with his tail between his legs. 

Unless it’s just Jews you hate, there is only one party for those people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Unless it’s just Jews you hate, there is only one party for those people.

Yeah, that’s true. 

Farage and his people are more equal opportunity racists - a much broader spectrum of hatred. 

Edited by Buce

Guest MattP
40 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's just funny how you produced the Brexit Party racism but didn't even mention the antisemitism of the Labour candidate and victor. 

I mean we can all see it.

Speaking of the old BNP as you have suddenly enjoyed to, would you like to remind us which party most of their councillors defected to?

Or maybe who their ex leader now wants us to vote for?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2018/04/nick-griffin-declares-his-support-jeremy-corbyn

If you are covered in shit don't criticise those who live in the sewer.