Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Also depressing how the leader of her majesty's opposition sees fit not to attend a state banquet with the president of the most powerful country on Earth.

Whether you agree with what Trump has done and does, the UK needs a trading relationship with America, upsetting a country where a lot of our trade and investment come from is just dumb. He was democratically elected by the US public. 

Corbyn is of course happy to meet with Hezbollah, Hamas, Numerous Russians, The Chinese, South American countries, Iran who all have questionable records with Human rights/equality, the first few are just out right terrorist organisations. 

The man is a joke, I have no idea how anyone could put a cross next to the Labour Party with him as leader. 

Well said. I agree with you 100%. Sadiq Khan is also a joke, with his pathetic Trump balloons.

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

His cult is probably about 10% of the electorate - I'd imagine the rest who'll vote for him just despise the Tories so much they are prepared to make him Prime Minister.

That is a gross exaggeration, I would suggest.

I doubt his 'cult' is even half of that.

44 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hopefully both sides of the political spectrum can come together to laugh at Change UK, what an absolute calamity from the start lol

They serve no useful purpose. If you are a remain voting centrist, then the Lib Dems are where you belong. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Six Party members of Change UK have left, and Anna Soubry now the Leader.

They're fcuked then ?

I assume there will be no bi-elections once again from the new liberal anti-democrats?

Edited by Strokes

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I assume there will be no bi-elections once again from the new liberal anti-democrats?

What's a bi-election, mate? Is that an election with 2 rounds, only 2 candidates or where all the candidates have to be bisexual?

As opposed to a by-election.....

I'm going for Annoying Smartarse Pedant of the Day today..... Yes, I know, I'm a contender every day! :D

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

What's a bi-election, mate? Is that an election with 2 rounds, only 2 candidates or where all the candidates have to be bisexual?

As opposed to a by-election.....

I'm going for Annoying Smartarse Pedant of the Day today..... Yes, I know, I'm a contender every day! :D

Nah it’s a bi-election mate.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

There wasn't when they left their old parties so why would there be now? In fact there's never a by-election when an MP defects to another party, or very rarely, I can't recall one.

Guest MattP

It's a bit out of order really to just quit because you don't like the way something you have joined is going.

Why didn't they decide to Remain and reform? :whistle:

Edited by MattP

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There wasn't when they left their old parties so why would there be now? In fact there's never a by-election when an MP defects to another party, or very rarely, I can't recall one.

Both the Tory to UKIP ones in 2015.

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Carswell and Reckless both called by-elections in 2016 when they left the Tories for UKIP.

Guest MattP
Just now, Facecloth said:

Well surely you'd still agree it's rare?

Not for Brexiteers. They believe in democracy. :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Didn't that Goldberg (Goldsmith? :dunno:) fella?

Edited by Buce

Beginning to think Hunt is the value bet for PM. Looking like a shootout between him Johnson and Gove now. I think the Tory MPs will try not to pick Johnson and in turn the Members will shithouse Gove for last time.

Ridiculous process though. As with the defections I think an election should automatically be triggered in these situations.

Guest MattP

When the government lost control of the Brexit process to parliament it was by one vote from what I remember, the Peterborough MP voted against the government on that? 

Assuming the Brexit party wins that by-election on Thursday can the government bring that vote back?

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

When the government lost control of the Brexit process to parliament it was by one vote from what I remember, the Peterborough MP voted against the government on that? 

Assuming the Brexit party wins that by-election on Thursday can the government bring that vote back?

If you lost that one, you'd just want a third vote and then a fourth vote. We cannot re-run the vote. It was the will of the people. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

If you lost that one, you'd just want a third vote and then a fourth vote. We cannot re-run the vote. It was the will of the people. 

:ph34r:

Seriously though - that was one MP's vote in parliament and we would know for 100% it's now different?

I'm assuming though it wouldn't matter as a new leader wouldn't be bound by the last parliamentary session.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

It's a bit out of order really to just quit because you don't like the way something you have joined is going.

Why didn't they decide to Remain and reform? :whistle:

The money ran out MattP, time to go home

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Seriously though - that was one MP's vote in parliament and we would know for 100% it's now different?

I'm assuming though it wouldn't matter as a new leader wouldn't be bound by the last parliamentary session.

I'm sure various votes might be different now.

I don't suppose anything will really kick off with Brexit, though, until the new Tory leader is elected & we start to get some idea what they really plan to try to do.....which might be different to what they're saying now.

Even then, with summer recess in UK and EU, wouldn't surprise me if nothing much happens before September (apart from a new PM)..... :dunno: