Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

21 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Giant flocks of these little buggers have descended on town .... today had to have the aerial wire replaced on my TV Antenna as they have chewed through it... It was brand new in November grrr :)

Related image

Related image

What are they, mate?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

What are they, mate?

Actually the  first pic is slightly misleading... the ones in town and in the second pic are Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, they are not natibe to our part of the country, but the weather has driven them to town.

Actula Sulphur Crested... Image result for sulphur crested

32 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Giant flocks of these little buggers have descended on town .... today had to have the aerial wire replaced on my TV Antenna as they have chewed through it... It was brand new in November grrr :)

Related image

I can identify the ones that chewed your aerial wire, Oz.

Foreground, second left, fourth left & second right. Look at those faces - they're taking the piss out of you, mate!  :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Foreground, second left, fourth left & second right. Look at those faces - they're taking the piss out of you, mate!  :D

trained and working for the antenna guy i reckon!

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Another "misjudgement" lol

This time inviting people to parliament who claim Jews drink the blood of children. 

Very lucky Brexit is such a bit news story.

Edited by MattP

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

This time inviting people to parliament who claim Jews drink the blood of children. 

He looks like a Fvckin tramp

59 minutes ago, MattP said:

Ah! We're back to avoiding substance, rolling in the gutter, slinging mud, smear stories and guilt by association with people met years ago, are we?

Fair enough. I'm game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23617555 (2013 - so more recent than Corbyn's misjudgment)

Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has said he "clearly made a mistake" when he spoke at a dinner held by a right-wing group in May.

Mr Rees-Mogg was guest of honour at the Traditional Britain Group's annual dinner in May.

The group's Facebook page calls for Doreen Lawrence, the mother of murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence, and "millions of others" to be "requested to return to their natural homelands".

TBG denies being a far-right group.

image.jpeg.011ef53d94d0d8733c92f65ab1da5f51.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He looks like a Fvckin tramp

About time we got back to the good old days with politicians who dressed smartly, eh? That's what really matters. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg.2bdebb36ed0831e8a96fd43e692c53b9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Ah! We're back to avoiding substance, rolling in the gutter, slinging mud, smear stories and guilt by association with people met years ago, are we?

Fair enough. I'm game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23617555 (2013 - so more recent than Corbyn's misjudgment)

Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has said he "clearly made a mistake" when he spoke at a dinner held by a right-wing group in May.

Mr Rees-Mogg was guest of honour at the Traditional Britain Group's annual dinner in May.

The group's Facebook page calls for Doreen Lawrence, the mother of murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence, and "millions of others" to be "requested to return to their natural homelands".

TBG denies being a far-right group.

image.jpeg.011ef53d94d0d8733c92f65ab1da5f51.jpeg

About time we got back to the good old days with politicians who dressed smartly, eh? That's what really matters. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg.2bdebb36ed0831e8a96fd43e692c53b9.jpeg

I absolutely love how wound up you get about these things.

Can you tell me what the "smear" here is on Corbyn? Do you not think it's newsworthy the leader of the opposition brought these people into parliament? 

For what it's worth Rees-Mogg has made a huge mistake there and should rightly be sanctioned - you won't find me defending it or claiming it's gutter politics - maybe if he invited the EDL into parliament a couple of weeks after the Jo Cox murder he'd get your vote?:whistle:

22 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yeah, it does matter (to me) actually.

As a potential leader of my country, I expect Corbyn to dress appropriately for the role. Leaders need to be credible and at least look like they've made an effort IMO.

Corbyn looks like he's just stumbled in from a night out on the piss. If he's going to be mixing with Macron, Merkel etc. then I want him to look like a leader, not a tramp. 

Just now, MattP said:

I absolutely love how wound up you get about these things.

Ah! Not "subtle" right-wing propaganda and smear tactics, just trolling, eh? :D

Not wound up. Just prefer debate on substance - which you often provide, to be fair.

Just now, MattP said:

Can you tell me what the "smear" here is on Corbyn? Do you not think it's newsworthy the leader of the opposition brought these people into parliament? 

Too busy, mate, and wasted too much time with your trolling already.

......plus I love how wound up you'll be that I won't descend into the gutter with you (well, only temporarily). ;)

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, it does matter (to me) actually.

As a potential leader of my country, I expect Corbyn to dress appropriately for the role. Leaders need to be credible and at least look like they've made an effort IMO.

Corbyn looks like he's just stumbled in from a night out on the piss. If he's going to be mixing with Macron, Merkel etc. then I want him to look like a leader, not a tramp. 

You'll be outraged at these photos of would-be PMs, then....

image.jpeg.de21072473b88c27a6208017008db9cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.d66976ee7a75b045a57be332471682f2.jpeg

This'll be the man you need.... :D

image.jpeg.c02a2629b08eaa207522bcd2842fa16f.jpeg

Edited by Alf Bentley

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Actually the  first pic is slightly misleading... the ones in town and in the second pic are Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, they are not natibe to our part of the country, but the weather has driven them to town.

Actula Sulphur Crested... Image result for sulphur crested

Get loads of them round Carine Glades. Make hell of a racket in the evening.

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You'll be outraged at these photos of Ministers of the Crown, then....

image.jpeg.de21072473b88c27a6208017008db9cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.d66976ee7a75b045a57be332471682f2.jpeg

This'll be the man you need.... :D

image.jpeg.c02a2629b08eaa207522bcd2842fa16f.jpeg

Don't go there Alf :D

Image result for jeremy corbyn scruffy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

The ones that take the piss are the Kookaburras that laugh at me when I’m playing golf.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Don't go there Alf :D

Corbyn looks marginally smarter and physically fitter than either Gove or Boris in those photos, despite being about 15 years older and despite all their jogging!

I still don't rate him, but due to his political instincts and personal capacities, not his dress sense.

To be sensible for a minute: I agree that a minimum level of smartness is required when on official duty - but that informal gear is fine when off-duty.

In the original Corbyn image, the surroundings suggest that he was ambushed by the interviewer on his way to/from somewhere, not necessarily on official duty.

Anyway, enough time wasted..... I have sympathy for scruffs, anyway, as I am one! :D

• Like 1

Guest MattP
19 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Too busy, mate, and wasted too much time with your trolling already.

......plus I love how wound up you'll be that I won't descend into the gutter with you (well, only temporarily). ;)

That's because it's not a smear is it? There were plenty of them towards Corbyn, the stuff about the national anthem etc - all over the top nonsense from the right-wing press to discredit him.

But attending wreath ceremonies for Black September members, inviting blood libel propagandists into parliament and being so careless about anti-semitism you find yourself sat next to holocaust deniers isn't that.

His supporters can't just wash the hands of these by shouting "smear" or "troll" every time he has to answer for it, he wants to be Prime Minister and this goes with the territory. 

The same applies for Rees-Mogg on his past, Boris and his "pickaninny' articles and anyone else who wants to lead the country.

15 hours ago, bovril said:

I still can't believe I'm reading stories about avoiding hard borders in Ireland and the EU granting visa free travel to Britons. The whole thing is quite surreal, and completely depressing. 

I was a remainer..but got annoyed how the UK politicians were just ignoring and letting down their electorate...

now I couldn't give a damn...!!!    Surreal it stays,but more over the last 12 months,has shown the voter has no influence on the major issues of even the daily

Grind of HIs major issues. Plus it seems ( the backbone of British politics). The backbenchers only have a voice of the dumb, they too are being totally ignored.

Again,crime & health and education issues are being put on the backburner & totally ignored!!    

Humour and tolerance,will be thrown at you....and you still won't take to the streets....you even believe it will turn out alright on the night.!!!!

But I can't get depressed,there is a life out there to enjoy ,chase and be part of!! Despite what the UK government lies and blame platforms it dishes out

to its only-me, Thatcher built generations...