Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Raiding Celtic...

13 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

They're not really lol  Tierney has been heavily linked with Arsenal over the last couple of weeks if you've not noticed so if leaves this summer (which I'm willing to bet my mortgage he won't) he won't be going to Leicester and I don't mean that in any sort of bitter way. 

McGregor as much as there'd be disappointment at losing him I don't think many Celtic fans would be surprised if he followed Rodgers to Leicester this summer and we've already began sorting replacements in midfield with the boy Turnbull from Motherwell for £3m.  McGregor doesn't owe us anything, he came through our youth system and has been a superb player for us and done and seen it all in terms of how far he can go with Celtic, he'd very much go with the fans best wishes if he were to leave.

Do you reckon McGregor would be able to cut it in the PL? I know that’s a tough question to answer but you can usually tell can’t you - physicality, touch, stamina, strength etc. 

7 hours ago, Manini said:

Do you reckon McGregor would be able to cut it in the PL? I know that’s a tough question to answer but you can usually tell can’t you - physicality, touch, stamina, strength etc. 

Like we thought Adrien Silva could you mean? 

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Like we thought Adrien Silva could you mean? 

Don’t see what Silva has to do with It? I was asking the blokes opinion on whether he thinks a player he’s watched every week could cut it in the prem. 

None of us really knew anything about Silva did we, really. 

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

Don’t see what Silva has to do with It? I was asking the blokes opinion on whether he thinks a player he’s watched every week could cut it in the prem. 

None of us really knew anything about Silva did we, really. 

Scouting department should have questioned Silva's physicality, strength, stamina that you mentioned being important when judging a player's capability to hack it in the PL.. Clearly these attributes were missing from Silvas game, don't you think? 

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Scouting department should have questioned Silva's physicality, strength, stamina that you mentioned being important when judging a player's capability to hack it in the PL.. Clearly these attributes were missing from Silvas game, don't you think? 

Yes I suppose. But I wasn’t asking the scouting department I was asking Henrik his opinion. I have no power mate, I can’t call the transfer off if he says he’s shit mate lol 

I am sorry, I hate it when people are fasesious when I’m trying to make a point, so I’ll pack it in, I just don’t know what point you’re trying to make. 

Obviously every player is a risk, I wasn’t going to let an opinion on here decide for me whether he’s going to be world class or not

Edited by Manini

9 hours ago, Manini said:

I'm not a Celtic fan but a couple of colleagues are so I've watched a fair few of their bigger games in the hope of being able to give these colleagues a bit of jip and from what I've seen of him I believe he could easily cut it in the prem.

He has all the attributes you ask, believe it or not the SPL is actually a very physical league and you often see some rare challenges flying in, he can take as well as give. 

Of the games I've watched most of the build up play has gone through him be it from him playing deep or played to him in the final 3rd, he is a very tidy player.

As for strength and stamina he is box to box and definitely ran on Duracell (there are other batteries out there) during the games I watched, also not sure if your aware but the other nights SCO game v BEL was his 69th competitive match in an 11 month period so yes he has the engine with the bonus of not being injury prone.

Im sure Henrik will/can give us the full run down on him as he's watched him week in week out at those lower end games and will see if he still plays like it's against Rangers or if he reserves himself for the big games but I suspect he's all out in every game.

1 for Henrik, what's his relationship like with Lennon I get the feel he preferred  to play and would prospure more under Rogers than Lennon?

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

1 for Henrik, what's his relationship like with Lennon I get the feel he preferred  to play and would prospure more under Rogers than Lennon?

I don’t mean any disrespect to lenno I love the bloke but I’d imagine a lot of players would prosper more under Rodgers. He’s a better coach isn’t he? 

Id imagine Lennon is a good players manager though, he’d be good at managing personalities and giving players what they needed 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t mean any disrespect to lenno I love the bloke but I’d imagine a lot of players would prosper more under Rodgers. He’s a better coach isn’t he? 

Id imagine Lennon is a good players manager though, he’d be good at managing personalities and giving players what they needed 

Was aiming more on the relationship side as I'm sure my colleagues and / or something I read suggested all was not rosey between them which might have started the Rogers in for McGregor rumours. 

Edited by BKLFox

On 15/06/2019 at 00:03, Manini said:

Yeah out of all our players I reckon he'd be the one most likely to be able to handle it.

On 14/06/2019 at 21:26, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Is McGregor a better player then Stuart Armstrong in your opinion? If so why?

Yeah far better, just an all round vastly superior footballer.  Armstrong's athleticism got him where he is today largely, McGregor is twice the player Armstrong is quite easily.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah, not been handled too greatly at all.  The chat now is we're expected to come to an agreement in the next couple of days but who knows with sides like Bournemouth sniffing around also.

That shows how big a problem EPL money causes teams from other leagues, Celtic being out-muscled financially by Bournemouth.

• Like 1

For the price tag Turnball is available for at Motherwell we should be making a move for him. 15 goals from centre mid for a 19 year old, are some stats at a team like Motherwell. 

Even if we signed him then sent him on loan for a season or two to Celtic as a bargaining tool to get McGregor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For the price tag Turnball is available for at Motherwell we should be making a move for him. 15 goals from centre mid for a 19 year old, are some stats at a team like Motherwell. 

Even if we signed him then sent him on loan for a season or two to Celtic as a bargaining tool to get McGregor. 

Blimey , transfer business has become a lot more complex and Machiavellian these days . Makes you nostalgic for the days of brown envelopes changing hands at motorway service stations and the job’s a good ‘un lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

There would be a nuclear explosion now if Turnbull was to turn up on loan lol!

Pretty annoyed at missing out on him and the way it's played out as like you say his stats are impressive and looks to be one of the best Scottish youngsters to come through in quite some time.

As hard as it is to accept that's just the way it is now I guess when clubs in the EPL can blow us out the water financially in terms of wages, etc.  

I do think at this stage in his career Celtic would have been a better move for him than fighting relegation with Norwich.  Norwich start the season poorly and he won't be seen much imo.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Pretty annoyed at missing out on him and the way it's played out as like you say his stats are impressive and looks to be one of the best Scottish youngsters to come through in quite some time.

As hard as it is to accept that's just the way it is now I guess when clubs in the EPL can blow us out the water financially in terms of wages, etc.  

I do think at this stage in his career Celtic would have been a better move for him than fighting relegation with Norwich.  Norwich start the season poorly and he won't be seen much imo.

Sorry Agent Henrik. Looks like I jumped the gun. Looks like Callum's going to have to claw his way out of there. The Turnbull drama doesn't sound good. That squad needs to be replenished this year or I fear this year is the one Celtic will regret.  7 days till the first friendly.

On 17/06/2019 at 11:49, weller54 said:

.. and Rochdale. 

It makes me happy and sad at the same time. To come here and see tens of millions thrown around vs. .5 to 9 million. Goes to show you just how important it is to have the best player development and scouting if you even want a sniff of the big time. RB Salzberg is the caliber of club that Celtic should be aspiring to. And we could learn a thing or two as well.

Edited by SO1
Salzberg

Agree, at his age it would probably be more beneficial to move to Celtic and develop in a team that's winning trophies. Would also allow him to develop in a less pressurised environment with other players there.

Norwich will be a difficult place next year, if they're doing well then it'll be great. But he needs game time and no necessity he'll get that at Norwich compared to Celtic.

• Like 1

I've only just realised the season he had, is he the real deal?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've only just realised the season he had, is he the real deal?

None of his 16 goals were against the top 3.  So cannot see him pulling up to many trees against EPL quality defenses.  But on the other hand, he could be a bargain at that fee and wage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

None of his 16 goals were against the top 3.  So cannot see him pulling up to many trees against EPL quality defenses.  But on the other hand, he could be a bargain at that fee and wage.

Just like none of Maddison's were for us last season. Did Turnbull take set pieces out of interest? Going back to Maddison, I rate the lad but I do think the hype around him from others is a little misplaced, he's yet to do anything of importance for England U21's and of his 7 goals and assists last season they were mostly set pieces and against the top sides he was often mediocre. He absolutely should stick with us as I fear a move so soon to the top clubs would see him fail to make an impact and he'd ruin his career. Expecting big things from him next season for us, especially if his mate Youri is alongside him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just like none of Maddison's were for us last season. Did Turnbull take set pieces out of interest? Going back to Maddison, I rate the lad but I do think the hype around him from others is a little misplaced, he's yet to do anything of importance for England U21's and of his 7 goals and assists last season they were mostly set pieces and against the top sides he was often mediocre. He absolutely should stick with us as I fear a move so soon to the top clubs would see him fail to make an impact and he'd ruin his career. Expecting big things from him next season for us, especially if his mate Youri is alongside him.

Urban :) Spaceman's YT makes him look like the second coming of Philippe Coutinho. Let's hope that's true.

Edited by SO1