Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Raiding Celtic...

If we can't sign Tielemans I could see us going in for McGregor, though I think that would be a big risk personally. Tierney is good but he's too good for cover and we aren't going to get rid of Chilwell.

Maybe more likely are some of the loan players that Celtic have that will return to their parent clubs at the end of the season. Timothy Weah won't get much game time at PSG, though Celtic use him as a left sided forward and we already have Barnes. But I could still see someone like that coming here either on loan or permanently.

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Scott Sinclair maybe played under Rodgers both at Swansea and Celtic, I think he could do a job for us. Being wasted up in Scotland. 

That same Scott Sinclair that couldnt hack it for Aston villa in the Prem? Just got to look at players like Gary Hooper and Billy Mckay to realise how that league and playing week in week out against dross exagerates their actual ability. Personally dont think any of their team would get in our first 11.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

Kieran Tierney would be the only player good enough for the English Premiership.  You'd be able to get him for £20m max - we're not in the business of demanding huge fees, and usually hand players over at the first offer.

Callum McGregor is dreadful, and has failed miserably any time he's played in Europe.

I actually think Leigh Griffiths could potentially be a brilliant strike partner for Vardy. On his day he's quality.

He's away with his personal issues at the moment but if he does get himself back in the game and wants a fresh start, Rodgers may take him under his wing here.

Edited by TK95

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do we not need backup to Chilwell when Fuchs goes?

Yes of course. Tierney would be perfect for this as hes young and very promising but I think hes destined for bigger things than our bench. He's captain at Celtic when Scott Brown doesn't play and is supposedly a Celtic boy through and through. Think he'll end up at Spurs or Chelsea tbh.

• Like 1

Can't think of any of their players we would want anyway.

It's a pretty poor Celtic side, Kilmarnock ran them close until the new year at the top of the league.

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

McGregor is very good and Tierney but we don't need a left back so only McGregor really.

I'm not getting this we don't need a left back. So we going into the season with just one proven left back. 

Chilly out for six months after the first home game to Leeds it is then.