Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Raiding Celtic...

Honestly Celtics players aren’t shown in a proper light. Week in week out they play against teams barely out of semi professional levels. The only time you see Celtics level really is in Europe. I know they won it in the 18th century but I’m talking recent times lol 

11 hours ago, Analysethis said:

I think their fan base will lose it completely if we raided there club for players.

Id only take one player and thats there little superkid Karamoko Dembele. 

Perfect place for okazaki to go to after this season. Would do really well there.

Honestly F that whole farmer's league club - there's no one playing there over the age of 18 (give some youngsters the benefit of the doubt) that will help us achieve top 6. If they were any good they wouldn't be playing at Celtic. 

1 hour ago, ktfox59 said:

Joking aside, the one player I would love from the Celtic side, is the one player who wouldn't leave. Scott Brown. A great leader, decent footballer in the centre of park

think id pass on that.. Scott Brown will be 34 by Next season ... he aint exactly Cambiasso.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2019 at 22:40, knitro said:

Honestly F that whole farmer's league club - there's no one playing there over the age of 18 (give some youngsters the benefit of the doubt) that will help us achieve top 6. If they were any good they wouldn't be playing at Celtic. 

Great logic there given recent examples such as Virgil Van Dijk, Victor Wanyama, Moussa Dembele, etc, etc.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 07:34, ktfox59 said:

Joking aside, the one player I would love from the Celtic side, is the one player who wouldn't leave. Scott Brown. A great leader, decent footballer in the centre of park

lol 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:34, ktfox59 said:

Lee Cattermole > Scott Brown

• Like 2

On 07/03/2019 at 17:55, Genesis1 said:

How about Rogic? Liked the look of him playing in the qualifying rounds, granted still not a great proving ground.

Has a hard time staying fit in a league where he constantly gets kicked around. When he's on his game its like the ball is glued to his feet the way he plays through tackles.

Its hard to rate players who play in a league where the tempo is so slow. If you want to rate Celtic players its best to watch Europa/Champions league. The difference in tempo is night and day.

Remember his performances against M City were sublime Rodgers first year. His health is the issue for me.

15 hours ago, SO1 said:

Has a hard time staying fit in a league where he constantly gets kicked around. When he's on his game its like the ball is glued to his feet the way he plays through tackles.

Its hard to rate players who play in a league where the tempo is so slow. If you want to rate Celtic players its best to watch Europa/Champions league. The difference in tempo is night and day.

Remember his performances against M City were sublime Rodgers first year. His health is the issue for me.

Rogic is a wonderful footballer, probably my favourite player and when he's on song and in the mood he's our best player, capable of moments of magic and the extraordinary, I doubt we could replace him.  If he could do what he does best every week he'd have left us long ago and would now be a £60-70m player.

The problem with him and the reason why he has been at Celtic for so long in the first place is consistency and fitness, he struggles to last 90 minutes and picks up injuries which impacts his form, he needs a fair few games after coming back from injury for example to get back up to speed.

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

Well shocking business by them unless we told them we’d not loan them anymore players.

Not really tbh, a large part of our model is buying players cheap or bringing them through the academy and selling them on for profit.  I doubt we'd bite our nose off to spite our face and not sell to Leicester, I don't think at board level anyway there is any animosity towards Leicester, quite the opposite in fact given the sufficient compensation and the realisation Rodgers was off sooner rather than later.  I think had he left in the summer for example we would have been due significantly less compensation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...