Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Raiding Celtic...

40 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm not getting this we don't need a left back. So we going into the season with just one proven left back. 

Chilly out for six months after the first home game to Leeds it is then. 

Yeah we obviously need a left back. Sorry I worded it wrong. But in my opinion we need a beneokovic style signing someone to bring on gradually. Not one of the hottest prospects in British football. 

Else you upset the balance of the squad. And piss of Chilwell or the new lad. We are not quite on Chelsea or man city's level yet where we can have incredible players rotting on the bench.

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Man City manage with only one left back ........

Bit of a different squad to them. 

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah we obviously need a left back. Sorry I worded it wrong. But in my opinion we need a beneokovic style signing someone to bring on gradually. Not one of the hottest prospects in British football. 

Else you upset the balance of the squad. And piss of Chilwell or the new lad. We are not quite on Chelsea or man city's level yet where we can have incredible players rotting on the bench.

I agree I'm not saying it should be him. I'm not just having ago at you lots have said it. We rode our luck with just Simpson at right back but got lucky. That won't happen again. 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Morelos from Rangers is the only one I want from the SPL

Be brilliant, even less discipline at the club! 

Tierney can play multiple position, he'd be a superb buy but if he's Celtic through and through, as he's shown before, he will tell us to a take a hike. 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm not getting this we don't need a left back. So we going into the season with just one proven left back. 

Chilly out for six months after the first home game to Leeds it is then. 

We don't need a left back from another team, we develop our own, it's the whole point of a 100 million quid development centre. 

Only reason we would go in for Tierney is if we sold Chilwell, both of them are too good to be sat on the bench and can only imagine it would result in the benched player getting annoyed very quickly.

If It is decided Elder isn’t up to the task as back up to Chilwell next season then we need to go for a 26-30 year old Left Back to challenge and tutor Chilwell, who still needs to improve the defensive side of his game.

30 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We don't need a left back from another team, we develop our own, it's the whole point of a 100 million quid development centre. 

Glad your not the manager. So if we lost chilly long term injury you would play a kid with no prem experience at all. 

19 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I can definitely see Chilwell leaving in the summer, unless we haven't learnt from our previous mistakes and chuck a 100k a week contract at him to try and get him to stay.

So Tierney would be a perfect replacement.

He’s already signed a new contract this season 

• Like 1

In all honesty I don’t see us signing anyone from the SPL, unless they’re a promising RW / STR, which they don’t seem to have. Forrest level is championship or lower end prem, whilst don’t get me started on Griffiths. 

Mcgregor might be an option if we don’t sign Youri permanently but I think we all know that’ll be our number one target if he keeps this up.

9 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Doesn't mean they can't hand him another one as soon as Man City start throwing in some serious offers. Or at least try, it happens every season.

He's got a 6 year contract with no release clause.

If we say he ain't going, then he ain't going.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

In all honesty I don’t see us signing anyone from the SPL, unless they’re a promising RW / STR, which they don’t seem to have. Forrest level is championship or lower end prem, whilst don’t get me started on Griffiths. 

Mcgregor might be an option if we don’t sign Youri permanently but I think we all know that’ll be our number one target if he keeps this up.

Morelos from Rangers will be a target

• Like 1

Morelos knows how to score a goal but he's an absolute liability when it comes to red cards. Think he's had 3 or 4 already this year. Would spend most of his time in the stands. Shoukd have had alot more too. Constantly kicking out at players and getting himself into fights. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1