Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Adidas......poor

12 minutes ago, koop. said:

I find it absolutely shocking that a professional design brand can justify using the same kit template for about 50+ teams across the world. In fact, I find it even more amazing that the teams involved allow them to do it? 

Leicester City is Leicester City (although today looked like Watford or another 20 teams) it's ridiculous

Design and branding is big money and these kit designers are taking the piss. 

Every team should have original design, end of, surely that's what you ****ing pay for? 

If the design company i used for my company came back to me with the same design as one of my competitors and tried to sell it me for millions i'd be more than pissed off!

Don't Adidas pay us? Isn't that how kit deals work?

18 minutes ago, Langston said:

Don't Adidas pay us? Isn't that how kit deals work?

I have to be honest, i am unsure how it works

but **** that, if someone said "i will pay you to make your kit, but it will be the same kit as 50 other teams!"

i'd say "**** off"

I don't really give a monkeys that our kit is the same 'template' as others.

It's the colours, club badge and sponsors that distinguish it so they're still all different really

• Like 1

I never even noticed kits back in the day before sponsors were stuck on them. We played in blue that was all I noticed.

Mind you it used to be the same with managers you knew who the manager was but hardly ever heard from them, like wise referees and their decisions all discussions after the game were about the football, the movements, passing and goals.

Football was about the football referees have taken over the game, due to TV.

• Like 1

I was saying the same thing back in this thread -

Adidas have been the worst with this for a long time, even if you count in Nike and their identikit which was everywhere three or four years ago when Man City were given that same design for two years in a row. Adidas have been doing it for years if you think about all of the midtable/lower Clubs of the Premier League in the last decade who have adorned three stripes(Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough) - they were obviously just given the same catalogue of three naff & pretty bland templates to pick from year to year.

I think the main problem is these behemoth Sporting Brands see their brand as bigger than that of the Clubs they represent, and the 'templates' are not only a cheaper option design and production-wise but it gives all of the Clubs in the brand an instantly recognisable uniform which at a glance says more about the brand than it does about with football club wearing it

On 10/03/2019 at 08:59, Sir Shep said:

I always preferred Puma anyway. 

I prefer Puma,once you have Puma,if you don't like something,you can get it to bite their fking heads off!!..:D

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Adidas have been the worst with this for a long time, even if you count in Nike and their identikit which was everywhere three or four years ago when Man City were given that same design for two years in a row. Adidas have been doing it for years if you think about all of the midtable/lower Clubs of the Premier League in the last decade who have adorned three stripes(Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough) - they were obviously just given the same catalogue of three naff & pretty bland templates to pick from year to year.

I think the main problem is these behemoth Sporting Brands see their brand as bigger than that of the Clubs they represent, and the 'templates' are not only a cheaper option design and production-wise but it gives all of the Clubs in the brand an instantly recognisable uniform which at a glance says more about the brand than it does about with football club wearing it

It's because it's Americans who understand nothing about football,or Brit s who want to be Americans....

mind you it one doesn't buy the shit...then they would have to think differently...I did that for 12 years with my kids....

We got some comical looks,but running around naked in summer is not so bad...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Well, they are. Adidas turned over about £20bn in 2017.

It's part of the game, they're big and money makes the world go round, especially in football.

• Like 1