Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

'Kick it Out'

Given what is happening in football and particularly after last night's deplorable actions in Montenegro has the plan to kick racism out of football failed?

It seems harsher, draconian measures are long overdue. To my mind the manager should withdraw his players from the field of play with the support of the match officials and the points awarded to the non aggressors. FIFA/UEFA should then seek compensation from countries like Montenegro for the fans travelling fans and impose hefty fines and expulsion from the competition. It's high time something positive was done as this scum is not wanted in football.

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Given what is happening in football and particularly after last night's deplorable actions in Montenegro has the plan to kick racism out of football failed?

It seems harsher, draconian measures are long overdue. To my mind the manager should withdraw his players from the field of play with the support of the match officials and the points awarded to the non aggressors. FIFA/UEFA should then seek compensation from countries like Montenegro for the fans travelling fans and impose hefty fines and expulsion from the competition. It's high time something positive was done as this scum is not wanted in football.

Clearly, but you were never going to completely eradicate it in the first place.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Wasnt England's 5 goal performance - including Sterling reaction when he scored the fifth goal f -r better than withdrawal of players? I don't think the travelling fans would be very pleased (to put it mildly!) to see the game curtailed. A points deduction seems the best sanction. What won't work is the paltry fine that Montenegro may have to pay.

Kick it out can't ever really fail, if it causes any reduction at all it's helping isn't it? 

Barnes was right though, you need to tackle racism in society not just target football fans. Especially in regions of the world with less diversity and less exposure to other cultures and races. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-47811900

Cup final abandoned yesterday because of racist abuse. 

Why isn't this reported to the police ffs. 

It only takes one idiot to start such a scene.

The article mentions that the offender got asked to repeat what he said, which he/she did..

If I were near him, I'd try and not allow him to escape from the game, call the police and restrain him/her until they arrive.

Would be terrible if he/she was let loose after quite a few people surrounding him/her heard what they said repeatedly..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 4 weeks later...

Montenegro have been ordered to play their next home match behind closed doors following the racist abuse of England players by some of their supporters in a Euro 2020 qualifier in Podgorica in March.

England won 5-1 but the match was overshadowed by racist chanting from some home fans directed at several England players, including Danny Rose.

Montenegro will also have to display a Uefa banner with the wording '#EqualGame' at their next game and have been fined 20,000 euros (£17,253).

That fine was for different charges of setting off fireworks, throwing objects, crowd disturbances and blocking stairways.

In a statement the Football Association said: "We hope that their next home match being played behind closed doors sends out a message that racism has no place in football or in wider society."

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Montenegro have been ordered to play their next home match behind closed doors following the racist abuse of England players by some of their supporters in a Euro 2020 qualifier in Podgorica in March.

England won 5-1 but the match was overshadowed by racist chanting from some home fans directed at several England players, including Danny Rose.

Montenegro will also have to display a Uefa banner with the wording '#EqualGame' at their next game and have been fined 20,000 euros (£17,253).

That fine was for different charges of setting off fireworks, throwing objects, crowd disturbances and blocking stairways.

In a statement the Football Association said: "We hope that their next home match being played behind closed doors sends out a message that racism has no place in football or in wider society."

Pathetic punishment. Danny Rose said he's 'lost for words but not surprised'. Bit of a contradiction lol

It tends to get focused around football, with politician then deliberately ,...creating a false perspective..

Football terraces around the world  just mirrors society..

But sport   in mirroring the outside they are the only  platforms we have !!!  Because then within these "all together"  showcases the relevant & responsible authorities, ARE ALWAYS TOO slow & dumb or even  blocked up with racists on the board...

Thankfully but rather dissapointingly...it's only the British media who pick up on it and follow it,and forcing public TV debate & opinion..!!

Even 4-10th generation,people's with British/West European recognised citizenship are being accosted....We have never been good hosts from the start!!!

Though intriguingly and hypocritically not just many, but all generations of immigrants with their various roots and inherited paths of origin,come from countries and areas where racism, is   not just simply a  slant of white origins against any pigment of skin or nationality -supremacy-bias...but Racism abounds within & throughout,all countries & nations....within and across Asian,African,Persian and European  communities themselves...There is racial bad blood,through all tribes,within countries,and communities...

Sport is the vehicle  that brings all PEOPLES  together but it is also the open doored showcase that gets used and abused when the dirty washing is found...But iregrrettably it is also actually one of the few  hard platforms we can use for upfront regress and socially (social)  honest discussion and debate...

Because governments ruling bodies,and organisations are scared & racist. Within themselves to force the issue and we are ourselves pathetic when looking out Through the window then try hypocritically,immaturely to deny...Irish/scottish/Englishh/welsh/Pakistanii...Bayern-Freesland-Holland. Jokes!!!

We should be able to healthily and maturely recognise ,then allow & accept the difference berween..just taking the piss out of each other,across all border-lines,

And the racist implicated tones behind the jokes or phrased statements.!!I

We could say it's racist reporting when one of the home,or ex colony countries,in any sport whup the English,

or one of them beat one another....

isn't it better we call it mature banter.or should we prevent home-nation sporting  journalist,getting a job in English journals..:englandsmile4wf:...lol

Seriously...our ruling bodies firstly have to be much harder and committed within and across the society,

not use sport or theatre as the blame-target....or get out clause.

PS...I am pumped up with medication,and painkillers...So my turn of phrase and poetic license will be

even worse than my normal delivery...

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Read that earlier. Why do ex-pros, of all races, expect to go straight into management at a top club rather than proving themselves lower down?

'He's been put off applying'.. Danny Rose says 'it would be a waste of time' to undertake his coaching badges.

I'm sorry but you can't pull the race card if you havent even applied?

I agree that there is a shortage of non-white Managers/Coaches, but how can it be put down to racism if people do not apply. Gain your badges, show your commitment and then if you continue to be rejected, you have a valid claim.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Read that earlier. Why do ex-pros, of all races, expect to go straight into management at a top club rather than proving themselves lower down?

Always find it baffling that ex-pro's immediately expect the manager role as well, let alone at a top club. Do the hard yards in being a coach or assistant. 

13 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

'He's been put off applying'.. Danny Rose says 'it would be a waste of time' to undertake his coaching badges.

I'm sorry but you can't pull the race card if you havent even applied?

I agree that there is a shortage of non-white Managers/Coaches, but how can it be put down to racism if people do not apply. Gain your badges, show your commitment and then if you continue to be rejected, you have a valid claim.  

In fairness, it must be frustrating to see the likes of Gerrard, G.Neville and Lampard walk in to decent jobs when you have to slog it out at Macclesfield and co. Henry didn't do a great deal to get the Monaco job, aside from be Thierry Henry, but there's definitely an imbalance from that point of view.

Same goes for ex-pros of all backgrounds. For example, Peter Schmeichel is routinely linked with our job, and has thrown his name into the hat before, whenever we are in need of a manager and hasn't exactly earned his stripes elsewhere.  

24 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

In fairness, it must be frustrating to see the likes of Gerrard, G.Neville and Lampard walk in to decent jobs when you have to slog it out at Macclesfield and co. Henry didn't do a great deal to get the Monaco job, aside from be Thierry Henry, but there's definitely an imbalance from that point of view.

Same goes for ex-pros of all backgrounds. For example, Peter Schmeichel is routinely linked with our job, and has thrown his name into the hat before, whenever we are in need of a manager and hasn't exactly earned his stripes elsewhere.  

But the difference between those players you've mentioned isn't the colour of their skin, is it? Let's be honest, I love heskey as much as the next Leicester fan, but he wasn't the same calibre of player as lampard and Gerrard was he. They were both outstanding natural leaders of their teams, of course it was going to be easier for them to get opportunities. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

But the difference between those players you've mentioned isn't the colour of their skin, is it? Let's be honest, I love heskey as much as the next Leicester fan, but he wasn't the same calibre of player as lampard and Gerrard was he. They were both outstanding natural leaders of their teams, of course it was going to be easier for them to get opportunities. 

No, but the likes of Vieira, Ince and Campbell are in that category, or thereabouts, and they had to start in the MLS (thanks to the input of Man City) and Macclesfield. I'm just saying that it must be frustrating to see the likes of Neville, Shearer, Lampard, Gerrard and co walk straight into a top job whilst you're struggling to get the Grimsby job. 

I of course get where you're coming from in that Lampard and Gerrard played at the highest level and lead by example, but here's also no particular evidence that leaders on the pitch make better managers either. Heskey, in theory at least, is no likely to be any worse off as a manager than Gerrard simply because he didn't scream and shout and kiss the badge. 

I think ultimately it's another one of those subjects where the arguments are skewed. You seem to either have to be massively in favour and therefore want to enforce positive discrimination, or you have to be massively against and bemoan the use of the 'race card', when the reality, as per usual, is perhaps somewhere in the middle in that. For the time being at least it seems that for every one Paul Ince falling flat on his face there are multiple Tim Sherwood, Alan Shearer, Gary Neville, Teddy Sherringhams falling flat on theirs, but how to resolve that is not straightforwards or simple. 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

No, but the likes of Vieira, Ince and Campbell are in that category, or thereabouts, and they had to start in the MLS (thanks to the input of Man City) and Macclesfield. I'm just saying that it must be frustrating to see the likes of Neville, Shearer, Lampard, Gerrard and co walk straight into a top job whilst you're struggling to get the Grimsby job. 

I of course get where you're coming from in that Lampard and Gerrard played at the highest level and lead by example, but here's also no particular evidence that leaders on the pitch make better managers either. Heskey, in theory at least, is no likely to be any worse off as a manager than Gerrard simply because he didn't scream and shout and kiss the badge. 

I think ultimately it's another one of those subjects where the arguments are skewed. You seem to either have to be massively in favour and therefore want to enforce positive discrimination, or you have to be massively against and bemoan the use of the 'race card', when the reality, as per usual, is perhaps somewhere in the middle in that. For the time being at least it seems that for every one Paul Ince falling flat on his face there are multiple Tim Sherwood, Alan Shearer, Gary Neville, Teddy Sherringhams falling flat on theirs, but how to resolve that is not straightforwards or simple. 

Had to google that one. Completely passed me by. Must've been so engrossed in our title-winning season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Honestly, you're probably right. All I try to do is put myself in the position to make the decision, and it turns out if I was in charge of picking the next Derby manager, even with my bias towards heskey as a Leicester fan I'd choose lampard every time and it would have nothing to do with skin colour. Whether my personal opinion translates the same as the people actually making the decisions is another matter. 

• Like 1