Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

World Snooker Championship 2019

On 18/04/2019 at 12:04, kingfox said:

IMG_9551.thumb.JPG.8fdb5e55c382bde8b41747e5e48d9be9.JPG

Xintong and Honghao in particular, will be interesting to see how they fare against Selby and Murphy.

Honghao has fared superbly, 9-0 down after first session.

Poor lad looked a nervous wreck.

12 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Loved that. Awful for the viewer but a frame like that is a true test of fortitude.

You have to take into account the situation- one mistake and the match is gone. Some excellent safety play before Wilson pulled clear.

Although Peter Ebdon should've been on commentary for personal experience of slow play :D

I do wonder about Selbys motivation these days.

Three time world champ, over £5m in on table earnings, big house now completed, settled family life, 2 big cars, indoor pool and practice area, etc. etc.

He’s living the dream and made for life. I just wonder if he still wants/needs it as much as some of the others?

• Like 1

Can see why he's getting angry with himself, bloody staring to do my head in how average he's playing.

Maybe Stephen Hendry is right, perhaps it is starting to affect him with how he's perceived by many fans and hes not as mentally tough away from the table as he is on it? 

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

I do wonder about Selbys motivation these days.

Three time world champ, over £5m in on table earnings, big house now completed, settled family life, 2 big cars, indoor pool and practice area, etc. etc.

He’s living the dream and made for life. I just wonder if he still wants/needs it as much as some of the others?

Most champions are motivated to remain a champions...money is secondary.

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Really struggling, even in this session despite leading and winning 5 of the last seven frames... not been playing comfortably at all. Everything seems hard work for him

I feel like he's always been like that though. It's never particularly straightforward but he has this uncanny ability to win while being outplayed.