Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

World Snooker Championship 2019

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I hadn't considered that. That was a shocker, that one. He's got previous, hasn't he?

He got banned for 6 months in 2010, not having it that he'd match fix in the World Championship final he teared up after the semis, the prize money as well as the fact if he got caught it would make his whole career pointless makes it not worth it. 

Edited by ren
  • Like 1

Higgins was never proven to have fixed any frames. He was caught by a Sun sting to have had a meeting and agreeing in principal to do so. His defence was he was never going to do it and just agreed to get out the meeting. I'm assuming there was no proof of him being paid either. What he was eventually charged with was not reporting it to the authorities, and bringing the game into disrepute.

1 hour ago, ren said:

He got banned for 6 months in 2010, not having it that he'd match fix in the World Championship final he teared up after the semis, the prize money as well as the fact if he got caught it would make his whole career pointless makes it not worth it. 

Thanks. I thought he had, but could only vaguely remember it.

No, I don't think he'd try to fix the final, and if he did, I'm sure he'd be a bit more subtle about it than throwing shots like those shiters last night. I'm convinced he was just shaken by how good Trump was playing.

• Like 1

That shot Judd played to get on the black from the other end of the table whilst hitting the red off the cushion was sublime. Thought he (and Higgins earlier) were well set with their 147's after some fantastic shots.

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

That shot Judd played to get on the black from the other end of the table whilst hitting the red off the cushion was sublime. Thought he (and Higgins earlier) were well set with their 147's after some fantastic shots.

One of the best shots I've ever seen.  Higgins just laughed.  Crazy shot.

11 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

One of the best shots I've ever seen.  Higgins just laughed.  Crazy shot.

I liked the camaraderie they both had. Trump was applauded Higgins during his 147 attempt as well. 

• 1 month later...