Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

World Snooker Championship 2019

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

If Ronnie, Trump and Allen all get knocked out in the first round then you really have to say it's opened up for Mark Selby in that bottom half. Has to play himself into form though.

Judd should win. Selby always seems to come out on top against Allen. But for me at the minute none of these are the problem, Robertson is. 

These 1st round matches inspired me to go and have a game for the first time in around 20 years, I was amazed that I could play at the same level I did all those years ago......bloody awful.

It does make you realise how unbelievably talented these players are though.

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

These 1st round matches inspired me to go and have a game for the first time in around 20 years, I was amazed that I could play at the same level I did all those years ago......bloody awful.

It does make you realise how unbelievably talented these players are though.

I know the feeling, i play fairly regularly, and have done for nearly 30 years. i'm probably about as good now as i was when i first started. Just goes to show that even though its essentially just hitting balls with sticks, it does still take a huge amount of natural talent and coaching to reach an elite level.

After the drama we've witnessed over past two days it would be funny if we end up getting a Bingham vs Trump final.

Anyway Thepchaiya will be kicking himself, he missed the boat.

Fair play to Judd though, a very bold shot to kickstart which ended up being a match clinching break.

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I know the feeling, i play fairly regularly, and have done for nearly 30 years. i'm probably about as good now as i was when i first started. Just goes to show that even though its essentially just hitting balls with sticks, it does still take a huge amount of natural talent and coaching to reach an elite level.

I agree, you could get 1000 young kids and train them everyday and the chances are none would make it close to professional level.  Must have been amazing for the likes of trump/o'sullivan to discover they had a natural talent for the sport.  Making 147's when they were 14/15.

I wonder if all of us have a hidden talent, most of whom will never discover it.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Gwon Murphy, class asking for the screen to be raised for the other side.

ARGH, unlucky!

It was a decent gesture but wtf was he thinking, keep your concentration, get your head down and keep the break going