Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

World Snooker Championship 2019

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Most champions are motivated to remain a champions...money is secondary.

Just posing the question really Ronnie.

I'd like to think Selby is as motivated for a 4th world title as he was for his first. I just wonder if he's still as 'up for it' having won everything there is to win.

No denying his form has been doggo recently though so hopefully the Crucible will bring out the best in him again. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I feel like he's always been like that though. It's never particularly straightforward but he has this uncanny ability to win while being outplayed. 

I see what you are saying he has never been like Ronnie but this is on another level, nothing even his safety isn’t working out. 

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

That was a massive struggle, big relief to get over the line there.

Inexperience cost Zhao tonight.

Went too aggressive. Even against an out of form Selby that is pushing your luck. 

Brilliant result! I always thought the odds being offered for Ronnie to win the whole tournament were way too short, some bookies only offering 5/2 I believe. Said in his interview that he wasn't feeling that well, but he tends to say that after all of his losses.

You could tell from the first session Ronnie really couldn’t be arsed. Such a shame his temperament hasn’t always been there else he’d be touching double

figures of world championship wins.

Well done to James Cahill though whose victory will go under the radar as most outlets will be saying Ronnie wasn’t at his best. 

I’m sure Ronnie will come out and say that’s it for him or something similar. 

As the corner pockets seemed generous and his opponent an amateur, I suspect that Ronnie began thinking that victory would be easy, and then having realised that it wasn't going to be so, his motivation deserted him. The fact that this event is so long may also have been a de-motivating factor, especially as Sheffield is not near to where he lives.