Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Pedro Rebocho

Leicester City and Watford are reportedly interested in the Portuguese left-back Pedro Rebocho.

It’s outlet A Bola who reports the chase from Foxes and Hornets, saying they have the player as the main target to reinforce their teams for next season.

A Bola says that official offers should be made soon, and Guingamp will accept to negotiate for over €4m, with the possibility of a discount in case the club get relegated to the second division.

The outlet adds that Lyon and Marseille are both ‘attentive to the situation’, but it’s really the interest from Leicester City and Watford which is highlighted by the report.

Rebocho has 38 games and 11 assists for Guingamp this season. A Bola highlights the fact that only a few other left-backs have more passes to goal than him.

Guinamp signed Rebocho from Benfica on a €550k deal back in 2017, and the Portuguese club will still get 20% of a move. His contract with the French side runs until 2022.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-watford-chasing-portuguese-left-back-offers-come/

• Like 1

Don’t really know much about the lad, however has a decent return of assists for a left back in Ligue 1. Seems to be able to play left or right back which offers good versatility. For €4m you can’t really complain to be honest, saves wages on offering Fuchs a new deal aswell.

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Don’t really know much about the lad, however has a decent return of assists for a left back in Ligue 1. Seems to be able to play left or right back which offers good versatility. For €4m you can’t really complain to be honest, saves wages on offering Fuchs a new deal aswell.

Perfect idea for a backup fullback if he can play both sides, is cheap, and attacking

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perfect idea for a backup fullback if he can play both sides, is cheap, and attacking

Can’t see truth in this now though with Fuchs basically admitting he’s signed an extension... unless we sell Amartey in the summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yes, because this guy plays in France.

I'm not claiming to be logical about it, just sarcastic and twitchy ? If he's come through the Benfica system as a kid and at 24 he's been sold for less than a half million, I don't feel inspired. If he's not good enough for a poor Portuguese league by 24, is he really good enough for the Premiership. Is he any better than Elder at left back who we already own? We don't really need any more squad players like that do we?

• Haha 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I'm not claiming to be logical about it, just sarcastic and twitchy ? If he's come through the Benfica system as a kid and at 24 he's been sold for less than a half million, I don't feel inspired. If he's not good enough for a poor Portuguese league by 24, is he really good enough for the Premiership. Is he any better than Elder at left back who we already own? We don't really need any more squad players like that do we?

That's why he's in France, isn't it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Is he any better than elder?! He’s averaging an assist every 3 games or whatever it is in Ligue 1 where as Elder’s struggling to make the starting 11 in a relegated championship side. Have a day off now.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Is he any better than elder?! He’s averaging an assist every 3 games or whatever it is in Ligue 1 where as Elder’s struggling to make the starting 11 in a relegated championship side. Have a day off now.

Elder's been injured for a long while and had about one game back. Fuchs for another year is a great common sense decision. With a limited amount of money to spend we have other priorities over a Benfica reject whose current bottom team have conceded 63 goals, the most in the division.Sounds like he should have been concentrating on his defensive duties rather than mincing up the pitch for a couple of assists or so, he is supposed to 'stop em' first as his main duty. ??

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Elder's been injured for a long while and had about one game back. Fuchs for another year is a great common sense decision. With a limited amount of money to spend we have other priorities over a Benfica reject whose current bottom team have conceded 63 goals, the most in the division.Sounds like he should have been concentrating on his defensive duties rather than mincing up the pitch for a couple of assists or so, he is supposed to 'stop em' first as his main duty. ??

I agree with regards to the Fuchs point his personality in the changing room & his cover at Left back aswell as his experience is worth offering him one more year, agreed. 

However you say about the team who’s conceded so many goals, look how many goals Hull conceded whilst in the premier league & there defence consisted of 2 of the best defenders in the premier league, with Robertson & Maguire. 

With regards to being a “Benfica Reject” somebody I think his name was Jamie Vardy who is now a club legend with us, was in fact a “Sheffield Wednesday Reject” Shall we f**k him off because of that?

Your move....

17 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I agree with regards to the Fuchs point his personality in the changing room & his cover at Left back aswell as his experience is worth offering him one more year, agreed. 

However you say about the team who’s conceded so many goals, look how many goals Hull conceded whilst in the premier league & there defence consisted of 2 of the best defenders in the premier league, with Robertson & Maguire. 

With regards to being a “Benfica Reject” somebody I think his name was Jamie Vardy who is now a club legend with us, was in fact a “Sheffield Wednesday Reject” Shall we f**k him off because of that?

Your move....

Yes I think we should but not on the Vardy grounds but because we don't need him. Your analogy is a poor one however. Vardy was released by Sheffield Wednesday when he was 16 which is a hell of a lot different to this chap. He was with Benfica from the age of about 12 right through to 23/24 whereupon he's not deemed good enough for a poor league. In other words their decision is made over many years of training, performance and evaluation and at the end considered not worth it. His current team albeit like you say, like Hull are to be relegated, you can hardly say that the two leagues are remotely alike. At 24 with such pedigree we should either be looking at better or bringing someone younger through or, we have Elder already. As it happens it's not something we need to worry about for another year. 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes I think we should but not on the Vardy grounds but because we don't need him. Your analogy is a poor one however. Vardy was released by Sheffield Wednesday when he was 16 which is a hell of a lot different to this chap. He was with Benfica from the age of about 12 right through to 23/24 whereupon he's not deemed good enough for a poor league. In other words their decision is made over many years of training, performance and evaluation and at the end considered not worth it. His current team albeit like you say, like Hull are to be relegated, you can hardly say that the two leagues are remotely alike. At 24 with such pedigree we should either be looking at better or bringing someone younger through or, we have Elder already. As it happens it's not something we need to worry about for another year. 

What is your obsession with Elder. Your saying about this lad who is a Benfica reject can’t make the team aged 23/24 blah blah blah... yet Elder is 24 years old himself & has never been remotely close to making the first team despite being here for 6 years. So the truth is your Analogy is a poor one. 

The lad didn’t make the step up as Benfica have Alex Grimaldo who has been linked with some of best clubs in Europe, regardless of what you say about the lad who I would imagine you know nothing about which I don’t either, his stats talk for them self. 

We are talking €4m hardly breaking the bank & it is purely for cover & also versatility, where’s the risk? He’s had a great individual season so we are interested. Elder would never reach the figures Rebocho has this year. 

With Fuchs signing an extension I can’t see this happening anyhow unless he’s signed as cover for Pereira who to be honest I would prefer Amartey. But my point is Elder will be gone this summer for the simple reason of he’s not good enough & I would be very surprised to even see him in the championship, on current ability Callum is a league 1 player.

18 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What is your obsession with Elder. Your saying about this lad who is a Benfica reject can’t make the team aged 23/24 blah blah blah... yet Elder is 24 years old himself & has never been remotely close to making the first team despite being here for 6 years. So the truth is your Analogy is a poor one. 

The lad didn’t make the step up as Benfica have Alex Grimaldo who has been linked with some of best clubs in Europe, regardless of what you say about the lad who I would imagine you know nothing about which I don’t either, his stats talk for them self. 

We are talking €4m hardly breaking the bank & it is purely for cover & also versatility, where’s the risk? He’s had a great individual season so we are interested. Elder would never reach the figures Rebocho has this year. 

With Fuchs signing an extension I can’t see this happening anyhow unless he’s signed as cover for Pereira who to be honest I would prefer Amartey. But my point is Elder will be gone this summer for the simple reason of he’s not good enough & I would be very surprised to even see him in the championship, on current ability Callum is a league 1 player.

I only mentioned Elder because he's free and we already own him. This new guy is hardly pulling up any trees so why waste money you can spend elsewhere. Plus 4m isn't a lot to you because it's not your money. You can bet your life someone in the club watches every penny and busy calculating the  losses we may have to incur on the likes of Slimani and Silva so yes, 4m is important, it's a business not Football Manager with play money, some of us forget that sometimes including me.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I only mentioned Elder because he's free and we already own him. This new guy is hardly pulling up any trees so why waste money you can spend elsewhere. Plus 4m isn't a lot to you because it's not your money. You can bet your life someone in the club watches every penny and busy calculating the  losses we may have to incur on the likes of Slimani and Silva so yes, 4m is important, it's a business not Football Manager with play money, some of us forget that sometimes including me.

I get your point but the club spend that sort of money on agent fee’s let alone transfer fee’s. If the club feel he’s right & that he will improve the squad for €4m then I’m all up for it.