Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joshholland

Leicester City Flops

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Gokhan Inler. Thought that guy would be a midfield general for us. 

Heard his wife and young child had found it hard to settle in Leicestershire and found it hard to adjust.

• Like 2

Guest bss9401

My word you could easily have a thread for each position.  Starting with goalies: Kalac, Douglas, Logan, RRZ and dodgy Hodgy immediately spring to mind.

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Inler wasn't "shit". There's a difference between a bad player and a flop. The likes of Josh Low were "shit".

This. The true flops are the ones coming in on big money or for big money....

akinbiyi and beckford are the two that spring to mind for me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't call Kermogrant a flop, he was unknown to this Country and our fan base at the time, it's not as if it was someone like Matt Mills who had the reputation of being a superb player at that level.

I think that play off penalty miss added to his goalscoring record would say otherwise. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I think that play off penalty miss added to his goalscoring record would say otherwise. 

Yeah I was pissed off as we all were for months with that penalty miss but for me that doesn't put him in the "flop" category. Not like, as I mentioned, Matt Mills and the players such as Beckford at £4m. Even Waghorn when we bought him was a flop, he did nothing and ended up being sent out to Hull on loan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I was pissed off as we all were for months with that penalty miss but for me that doesn't put him in the "flop" category. Not like, as I mentioned, Matt Mills and the players such as Beckford at £4m. Even Waghorn when we bought him was a flop, he did nothing and ended up being sent out to Hull on loan.

Yeh I guess if we are talking a flop as someone who we spent a lot on and/or had a big reputation then maybe not Kermogant. Hes still a gimp though for that penalty miss 

8 hours ago, FoxInTheBoxes said:

Mola WagueA58C798D-C82E-4B71-8A65-99F842CB8F98.thumb.jpeg.1fef7f0d94263255cce701c4738707c3.jpeg5535215D-0AB8-44C6-965F-E5945779F9EF.jpeg.cac1070735b9a4a523dc60180047070a.jpeg

he speaks for himself...

Thats a bit harsh. Didn't he get injured on his debut and miss the rest of the season for it? You never know what might have been had he stayed fit

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

In hindsight if he had scored the penalty and we won the play offs would we of gone on and won the league when we did?

Possibly not but still didn't stop me from being very annoyed at the time. Nobody would have forseen us winning the prem whilst we were losing a play off semi final penalty shoot out.