Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bertrand Traoré

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I'm not impatient. Just curious as to the procedure. I've been through multiple widows at different clubs.

It always amazes me how different the market is according to the clubs needs, position or status, what they can afford and where the players are from. 

Like the Wild West. Anything goes or make it up as you go along. 

Happy hunting ground I should think 

Guest SO1
28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Happy hunting ground I should think 

Just interesting to see how different clubs adapt. Depends on where you are on the food chain. Celtic or Liverpool(before they started spending M City type cash).

If we only have a limited amount of budget to spend,  which if our expenditure is similar or a bit more this year when compared to previous seasons, then we have ample cover in that position for another season. Tielemans or player of a similar standard is a must, closely followed by a striker because if Vardy gets injured, with only the hapless Nacho in reserve we'd be well and truly knackered! With Albrighton, Barnes, Gray and Ghezzal we can manage if need be. The transfer market isn't a sweetie shop, our owners are running a business and the money pit isn't bottomless. Every player on our books costs. We certainly don't need any more squad players and this guy is hardly head and shoulders above what we've got, he's more a let's buy him and try him and hope he comes good in the Premiership type player. Whilst I accept all players are to a certain extent,  sometimes a bit of reality needs to kick in. Another winger or similar, if we were to get one, I would predict would be at the very end of proceedings if and when we've sold or loaned out a bucket load of our undesirables.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we only have a limited amount of budget to spend,  which if our expenditure is similar or a bit more this year when compared to other seasons, than we have ample cover in that position for another season. Tielemans or player of a similar standard is a must, closely followed by a striker because if Vardy gets injured, with only the hapless Nacho in reserve we'd be well and truly knackered! With Albrighton, Barnes, Gray and Ghezzal we can manage if need be. The transfer market isn't a sweetie shop, our owners are running a business and the money pit isn't bottomless. Every player on our books costs. We certainly don't need any more squad players and this guy is hardly head and shoulders above what we've got, he's more a let's buy him and try him and hope he comes good in the Premiership type player. Whilst I accept all players are to a certain extent,  sometimes a bit of reality needs to kick in. Another winger or similar, if we were to get one, I would predict would be at the very end of proceedings if and when we've sold or loaned out a bucket load of our undesirables.

Very true... it’s why I’d try and find a cover player on a free that could do both roles if necessary. Sturridge for example fits the bill if we spend all our transfer kitty cash on Youri whilst managing to hold on to the rest of the defence and clear out some dead wood.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

A winger who can play as a striker, think it’s certainly the profile we’ll go for as it kills two birds with one stone for us.

Is he a striker as well? Going solely on the video clip, which supposedly are his very best bits without showing how he performs for a full 90 minutes, it really is a mixed bag. A couple of very skillful efforts, a couple or so very fortunate one's through or bouncing off other players legs and a couple of examples of Sunday league goalkeeping exhibitions plus, what was the quality of the opposition like he was scoring against? Ghezzals goal in the cup was as good as any of those. Biased video clips doesn't maketh the man.

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Very true... it’s why I’d try and find a cover player on a free that could do both roles if necessary. Sturridge for example fits the bill if we spend all our transfer kitty cash on Youri whilst managing to hold on to the rest of the defence and clear out some dead wood.

That's far too sensible when you can rush around like a drunk in an off license with fifty quid ?. I agree.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Or someone on loan, maybe Harry Wilson. I know some fans loathe to see it but I genuinely don't care too much if it's a good player.

Or you loan a player with a permanent deal agreed in principle for the following summer, that's one way of getting around it. These sorts of players are usually out of favour mind you, so it's not always straight forward.

If reports are true and you could get Sarr for virtually the same amount of money it would be Sarr every day of the week for me as opposed to Traore.  Has always struck me as one of those players who you and indeed he doesn't know what he's going to do next.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If reports are true and you could get Sarr for virtually the same amount of money it would be Sarr every day of the week for me as opposed to Traore.  Has always struck me as one of those players who you and indeed he doesn't know what he's going to do next.

Reports are that Rennes want £44m for Sarr.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Reports are that Rennes want £44m for Sarr.

Ooft never realised that, thought he would be in the £30m range.  You get the impression these clubs bump their asking price up if they know EPL teams are interested.  Can't blame them either given how cash rich EPL sides are.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Ooft never realised that, thought he would be in the £30m range.  You get the impression these clubs bump their asking price up if they know EPL teams are interested.  Can't blame them either given how cash rich EPL sides are.

Hahaha hopefully it's untrue as I think Sarr would be ideal for us, but you are bang on there. It almost negates any benefit to us having the funds in the first place as we tend to get stung by massively inflated prices, it's why it is so important to have the best possible off the field staff who get marginal gains in the market and performance. It terrifies me we are risking this with Lee Congerton, i'm hoping he has a purple patch here but there's enough suspicion there that he'll be doggo and we were warned!!

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha hopefully it's untrue as I think Sarr would be ideal for us, but you are bang on there. It almost negates any benefit to us having the funds in the first place as we tend to get stung by massively inflated prices, it's why it is so important to have the best possible off the field staff who get marginal gains in the market and performance. It terrifies me we are risking this with Lee Congerton, i'm hoping he has a purple patch here but there's enough suspicion there that he'll be doggo and we were warned!!

I'd be concerned too as I've well documented on here.  Hopefully like I said before he can be marginalised and not do too much damage other than keep Rodgers company!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Is he a striker as well? Going solely on the video clip, which supposedly are his very best bits without showing how he performs for a full 90 minutes, it really is a mixed bag. A couple of very skillful efforts, a couple or so very fortunate one's through or bouncing off other players legs and a couple of examples of Sunday league goalkeeping exhibitions plus, what was the quality of the opposition like he was scoring against? Ghezzals goal in the cup was as good as any of those. Biased video clips doesn't maketh the man.

He’s played as a striker in the past, but certainly not his stronger position.

Not that I mentioned much of the things you’ve said, but I’d say this. He is a very Leicester kind of signing, has a lot to brush up on but has some quality aswell.

i wouldn’t be so negative to him in other words ?

38 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s played as a striker in the past, but certainly not his stronger position.

Not that I mentioned much of the things you’ve said, but I’d say this. He is a very Leicester kind of signing, has a lot to brush up on but has some quality aswell.

i wouldn’t be so negative to him in other words ?

I don't mean to sound negative but without players being sold or loaned, we can't afford to have yet another squad type player, least of all in his particular position where we have plenty of cover, there are much bigger priorities. For another outlay of around £20m and no doubt a big wage packet, he just doesn't represent good value when he's not stand out better than Barnes , Albrighton and Gray. Even Ghezzal after his introductory year may improve though I see him more as a number 10 personally which we may need in cup games. I don't know what position Rodgers sees Barnes in but I feel that he's potentially a far greater prospect that we should develop and Gray also with a preseason may come on again under Rodgers. Why buy 3 or 4 average players with the budget you have when you could focus on Tielemans and one good striker to make a viable difference. A foreign players name only has to be mentioned on here and a dozen fans shout gerrimin following a glimpse of a YouTube video. The law of averages says we can't buy them all and the laws of common sense and finance also suggest we don't need them. Taking a risk on perceived potential at a cheap price like Vardy and Marhez is one thing but having hopefully learned our lesson with Slimani and Silva etc, if we spend north of 20m we now need to be a little more sure that they can offer improvement to a young and talented nucleus of a squad. No room for any more passengers. 

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't mean to sound negative but without players being sold or loaned, we can't afford to have yet another squad type player, least of all in his particular position where we have plenty of cover, there are much bigger priorities. For another outlay of around £20m and no doubt a big wage packet, he just doesn't represent good value when he's not stand out better than Barnes , Albrighton and Gray. Even Ghezzal after his introductory year may improve though I see him more as a number 10 personally which we may need in cup games. I don't know what position Rodgers sees Barnes in but I feel that he's potentially a far greater prospect that we should develop and Gray also with a preseason may come on again under Rodgers. Why buy 3 or 4 average players with the budget you have when you could focus on Tielemans and one good striker to make a viable difference. A foreign players name only has to be mentioned on here and a dozen fans shout gerrimin following a glimpse of a YouTube video. The law of averages says we can't buy them all and the laws of common sense and finance also suggest we don't need them. Taking a risk on perceived potential at a cheap price like Vardy and Marhez is one thing but having hopefully learned our lesson with Slimani and Silva etc, if we spend north of 20m we now need to be a little more sure that they can offer improvement to a young and talented nucleus of a squad. No room for any more passengers. 

He's a far better player than Gray, irrespective of whether he should be signed or not, he actually scores goals and provides assists.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Some of the FT lads comments on Bertrand Traore.

What an awful site, rehashing speculative articles with forum opinions, absolutely pointless clickbait with no journalistic integrity whatsoever. Makes First4LCFC look less like a school project that got out of hand and something nearly akin to the giddy heights of News Now but with added plagiarism.

• Haha 1