Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bertrand Traoré

We were linked with him last season IIRC but went for Ghezzal instead.

Think he's a decent player (11 goals and 4 assists in 48 appearances last season) and better than we currently have on the right wing (his position) but I think for the price he'd likely command of 20M+ he'd be an expensive option. IMO the mistake we made last season was hoping that Gray would kick on and that Ghezzal would be a good squad option. In reality neither cut the mustard so we now have 2x the wages and still lack the Mahrez replacement. I think we should have gone for a better player last season or just not brought Ghezzal at all.

Still the player is only 23 and could yet improve.

• Like 2

Only watched 5-6 Lyon games this season but each time he’s been poor... falling over when trying to sprint/bit clumsy, missing target... not the same player from season before 

Edited by lcfceaves

Guest SO1

Lyon are an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Contract to 2022. They will hold out for maximum value.

Spoken to the entourage sounds weird as I would of expected us to start moving on this sooner. Thought we were supposed to have our targets in advance.

26 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Lyon are an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Contract to 2022. They will hold out for maximum value.

Spoken to the entourage sounds weird as I would of expected us to start moving on this sooner. Thought we were supposed to have our targets in advance.

I am convinced we have based on previous years, but most will be kept out of the papers as the feelers are put out and the players agent talks to the club.

When info is leaked its usually from the other party and not LCFC. 

Guest SO1
3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am convinced we have based on previous years, but most will be kept out of the papers as the feelers are put out and the players agent talks to the club.

When info is leaked its usually from the other party and not LCFC. 

Maybe there's something to this then? Like Lyon and the agent putting the word out there to see if a better deal is to be had.

Absolute mystery to me how the deal behind the deal is played. Rodgers has to meet him at some point before they exchange briefcases(trunks) full of money.

Sounds more like a episode of Mission Impossible.

51 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We did but now we've found out none of them want to come here or we can't afford any of them. So now it's time to get Congo man's black book out....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Maybe there's something to this then? Like Lyon and the agent putting the word out there to see if a better deal is to be had.

Absolute mystery to me how the deal behind the deal is played. Rodgers has to meet him at some point before they exchange briefcases(trunks) full of money.

Sounds more like a episode of Mission Impossible.

There could quite easily be something in it, but could also just be lazy journalism based on the rumours from last year. 

I personally hate this time of year and all the rumours of who is coming and who is going.. i like to take notice of the good ones that are coming in and ignore the shitty ones as bad journalism. :P 

• Like 2

I really think the club should have a Jeff Schlupp bar when scouting players. When we moved him on it was a real sign of how the club looked to progress... but we have yet to improve on him as an option from the bench. This guy sounds like a less loveable Jeff 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

its been mentioned before that we have had several agents call us before all saying they represented the same  footballer and that it can. e a mine field trying to work out who truly is their agent.  

identifying a player and signing him can take time.

Guest SO1
51 minutes ago, MPH said:

its been mentioned before that we have had several agents call us before all saying they represented the same  footballer and that it can. e a mine field trying to work out who truly is their agent.  

identifying a player and signing him can take time.

I'm not impatient. Just curious as to the procedure. I've been through multiple widows at different clubs.

It always amazes me how different the market is according to the clubs needs, position or status, what they can afford and where the players are from. 

Like the Wild West. Anything goes or make it up as you go along.