Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

2 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

A few tidbits of loan/transfer news from the U23s to round up. Apologies if any of these have been mentioned.

• Lukáš Hušek has joined Sparta Prague on a permanent deal
  • Raúl Uche is set to sign for Real Valladolid in the coming days
  • Layton Ndukwu has been recalled from his loan spell at Southend United
  • George Thomas will go on loan to an unnamed Dutch club

Keep checking in to FoxesHub.com throughout January for all of the details. :) 

Why has Ndukwu been recalled?

4 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

A few tidbits of loan/transfer news from the U23s to round up. Apologies if any of these have been mentioned.

• Lukáš Hušek has joined Sparta Prague on a permanent deal
  • Raúl Uche is set to sign for Real Valladolid in the coming days
  • Layton Ndukwu has been recalled from his loan spell at Southend United
  • George Thomas will go on loan to an unnamed Dutch club

Keep checking in to FoxesHub.com throughout January for all of the details. :) 

Thanks for the update, but

Who is Lukas Husek?

Uche on loan or permanent?

Hopefully this won’t affect Ndukwu too much and he can go out to a less basket case club.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you find it surprising that only 1 U18 player from last season has been promoted to the U23's this season? How are the age groups going to progress when the U23's are so intent on stockpiling 19-23 year olds? Winds me up.

There are four of last season's U18 players in the U23s this season, five if you include Hušek. But I get your point, in that only one of them plays.

Steve Beaglehole has always seemed to prefer playing the older lads, mostly. I agree it's frustrating that a lot of the younger boys don't get much game time and I'm sure some of them would feel the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

There are four of last season's U18 players in the U23s this season, five if you include Hušek. But I get your point, in that only one of them plays.

Steve Beaglehole has always seemed to prefer playing the older lads, mostly. I agree it's frustrating that a lot of the younger boys don't get much game time and I'm sure some of them would feel the same.

Look at Conor Tee, the lad has barely played any official football in 18 months. Is an unused sub every week or not even on the bench, what's the point?

Also has Callum Hulme been injured? Signed in August and not been since until a random sub place last week? 

Guest An Sionnach
59 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

Old Steve doesn't rate them till they're 35 "yer never win owt wi kids" .

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you find it surprising that only 1 U18 player from last season has been promoted to the U23's this season? How are the age groups going to progress when the U23's are so intent on stockpiling 19-23 year olds? Winds me up.

Beaglehole is waiting until the current U18 crop is 20+ before he plays them so he can continue the cycle :whistle:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcdotell said:

Under 18s currently 2-0 up against Reading. The Pennant brothers scoring. 

Excited for these and Fitzhugh from what I’ve seen. Hope Rodgers can force through a plan for better progression something needs to change soon.

• Like 4

Guest An Sionnach

Rashford at 22 made his 200th appearance for Man.Utd. today and Greenwood at 18 scored his tenth goal of the season. What are we doing Ffs.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rashford at 22 made his 200th appearance for Man.Utd. today and Greenwood at 18 scored his tenth goal of the season. What are we doing Ffs.

This this this !!!!!!!

or perhaps they’re simply not good enough .... you would expect yaniteds 18 y olds to be better than ours .....

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

This this this !!!!!!!

or perhaps they’re simply not good enough .... you would expect yaniteds 18 y olds to be better than ours .....

Last time I checked ours were playing pretty well , we'll never know if we don't give them a chance. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They don’t seem to get much opportunity to step up to the U21’s so you would assume those making decisions do t think they’re up to it ....

Its the U23s I really mean. Ten wins out of eleven must mean something.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its the U23s I really mean. Ten wins out of eleven must mean something.

That's a good record, but arent most of the players pushing 21/22? Probably considerably older than the kids they come up against. George Thomas is 22, Darnell Johnson, Muskwe, Ndukwu all turn 22 this year. Probably more who are 21 or turning 21 soon. 

Would love us to take a chance on an u18 straight into the first team but like someone else said, our best u18s are stuck playing children. Conor Tee isnt even playing anyone right now which is shocking in itself.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Muskwe, Hirst, Eppiah Thomas have stood out . They are good players they play for Leicester not Shrewsbury.

Thomas bombed on loan in League One last season, the other 3 are strikers and we have the best striker in the division already and a back up who is scoring or assisting most times he plays for us.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas bombed on loan in League One last season, the other 3 are strikers and we have the best striker in the division already and a back up who is scoring or assisting most times he plays for us.

The loan system is rubbish at their age its straight in or nowhere.