Sign in to follow this  
FIF

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

15 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lower league teams will take these cups more seriously. For us it means nearly nothing. And using prem players to casually knock out lower league teams seems unfair.

I’ve no objection to seniors playing in the usual u23 games of course.

Speak for yourself pal, I have coveted the EFL Leasing Trophy more than most... and gives another trophy to brag about in our repertoire of chants. 

"Champions of EFL Leasing Trophy, you'll never sing that"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lower league teams will take these cups more seriously. For us it means nearly nothing. And using prem players to casually knock out lower league teams seems unfair.

Ok misunderstood. I don't think we should even be in these cup competitions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Speak for yourself pal, I have coveted the EFL Leasing Trophy more than most... and gives another trophy to brag about in our repertoire of chants. 

"Champions of EFL Leasing Trophy, you'll never sing that"

The chant will only work if you ensure you add the .com to the end of Leasing.

It’s a great chance to get one back over on our might rival ...... Newport County

When does the u23 loan window close? I think someone said new rules make it less profitable to take on loans but I’d be sad if none of these got a loan. Bren doesn’t seem to be uttering any murmurings about direct routes into first team so loans look the best bet.

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

the goals against Tranmere lacked any sort of 'Rodgers ball' about them !

We won.

Now the U21s can beat the team that Wes Morgan's lads failed to beat for Puel.

20 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Just out of interest, how many Prem players have we used so far in the competition? 
Genuine question and not having a dig.

Edit: Just has a look at the line ups for the 5 games we have played so far and can only see Jakupović who has played in the Premier League in any of the games and he appears to be rotated with Johansson.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just out of interest, how many Prem players have we used so far in the competition? 
Genuine question and not having a dig.

Edit: Just has a look at the line ups for the 5 games we have played so far and can only see Jakupović who has played in the Premier League in any of the games and he appears to be rotated with Johansson.

James and Benk that I can recall

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

James and Benk that I can recall

Matty James hasn’t played in this competition and Benkovic hasn’t played in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

A few tidbits of loan/transfer news from the U23s to round up. Apologies if any of these have been mentioned.

• Lukáš Hušek has joined Sparta Prague on a permanent deal
  • Raúl Uche is set to sign for Real Valladolid in the coming days
  • Layton Ndukwu has been recalled from his loan spell at Southend United
  • George Thomas will go on loan to an unnamed Dutch club

Keep checking in to FoxesHub.com throughout January for all of the details. :) 

Why has Ndukwu been recalled?

4 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

A few tidbits of loan/transfer news from the U23s to round up. Apologies if any of these have been mentioned.

• Lukáš Hušek has joined Sparta Prague on a permanent deal
  • Raúl Uche is set to sign for Real Valladolid in the coming days
  • Layton Ndukwu has been recalled from his loan spell at Southend United
  • George Thomas will go on loan to an unnamed Dutch club

Keep checking in to FoxesHub.com throughout January for all of the details. :) 

Thanks for the update, but

Who is Lukas Husek?

Uche on loan or permanent?

Hopefully this won’t affect Ndukwu too much and he can go out to a less basket case club.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Why has Ndukwu been recalled?

Hadn't started for Southend in the league at all this season and played just three minutes since mid-October.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you find it surprising that only 1 U18 player from last season has been promoted to the U23's this season? How are the age groups going to progress when the U23's are so intent on stockpiling 19-23 year olds? Winds me up.

There are four of last season's U18 players in the U23s this season, five if you include Hušek. But I get your point, in that only one of them plays.

Steve Beaglehole has always seemed to prefer playing the older lads, mostly. I agree it's frustrating that a lot of the younger boys don't get much game time and I'm sure some of them would feel the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

There are four of last season's U18 players in the U23s this season, five if you include Hušek. But I get your point, in that only one of them plays.

Steve Beaglehole has always seemed to prefer playing the older lads, mostly. I agree it's frustrating that a lot of the younger boys don't get much game time and I'm sure some of them would feel the same.

Look at Conor Tee, the lad has barely played any official football in 18 months. Is an unused sub every week or not even on the bench, what's the point?

Also has Callum Hulme been injured? Signed in August and not been since until a random sub place last week? 

59 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

Old Steve doesn't rate them till they're 35 "yer never win owt wi kids" .

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you find it surprising that only 1 U18 player from last season has been promoted to the U23's this season? How are the age groups going to progress when the U23's are so intent on stockpiling 19-23 year olds? Winds me up.

Beaglehole is waiting until the current U18 crop is 20+ before he plays them so he can continue the cycle :whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Who is Lukas Husek?

Super tall defender I think. Guess he doesn't want to be stuck behind Beaglehole's CB team over 21 year olds who will never play for us.

4 minutes ago, lcfcdotell said:

Under 18s currently 2-0 up against Reading. The Pennant brothers scoring. 

Excited for these and Fitzhugh from what I’ve seen. Hope Rodgers can force through a plan for better progression something needs to change soon.

• Like 4

Rashford at 22 made his 200th appearance for Man.Utd. today and Greenwood at 18 scored his tenth goal of the season. What are we doing Ffs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rashford at 22 made his 200th appearance for Man.Utd. today and Greenwood at 18 scored his tenth goal of the season. What are we doing Ffs.

This this this !!!!!!!

or perhaps they’re simply not good enough .... you would expect yaniteds 18 y olds to be better than ours .....