Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Iversen sits eagle-like at the top of league one, a fact that passed me by since I'd optimistically thought my life was more exciting than league one football. George Thomas did play 90 minutes. His exploits are detailed on whoscored https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/764/Show/Netherlands-ADO-Den-Haag Josh Knight is punctuating his exciting youth development story with large periods of career crippling injury. Thrillingly enough Ryan Loft is paid to play one whole minute of football once - sometimes twice - a week. Ndukwu is milling around someplace somewhere although not in any team from what I understand. His old team, Sol Campbell managed Southend United, recently defied odds and fate and won a football match. Sam Hughes supports Salford United from the much coveted viewing position of the subs bench. I get the impression Sowah still plays for OHL and way back in the misty pasts of December 2019 he scored a goal.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

Sam Hughes back from loan. Ended up barely playing. Hopefully he gets a lot more game time the rest of the season, either with the U23s or on another loan.

I really thought he would make it and was surprised that a young guy would have so many fitness issues . Looks like he is another who tried and failed to make a career in the game 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I really thought he would make it and was surprised that a young guy would have so many fitness issues . Looks like he is another who tried and failed to make a career in the game 

I think he’s just had the one back injury (same one as Rashford I think) that happened at the worst possible time in preseason right before going on loan, then it got aggravated prolonging his comeback. Been fit for a while now. 

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Couple on the Salford tweet seem to rate him and we have recalled him? I wonder why? 

From what I could tell when I was looking a few weeks ago, he played well whenever he did play, but their manager inexplicably dropped him. Their fans seemed unhappy with the manager’s stubborn team selections in general.

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just shows, it’s not just about getting these kids out on loan.

It’s about finding the right loan move, Salford and Southend have been disastrous for our players this season and they haven’t gained anything out of the moves.

The whole loan system doesn't help young players it damages most of them.

11 hours ago, brucey said:

From what I could tell when I was looking a few weeks ago, he played well whenever he did play, but their manager inexplicably dropped him. Their fans seemed unhappy with the manager’s stubborn team selections in general.

Hope we get Salford in the next round of the EFL Trophy and Hughes gets a hat trick

• Like 1