Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This Kian Pennant has stepped up to the U18's very well, think that's now 4 goals in 3 games. Terel scoring or assisting most games too, hopefully they can continue to progress and make it impossible for the U23's to ignore them. 

Yep just checked and Kian has 4 goals in 3 games so far, no bad considering he’s 15 

• Like 1

It looks like most of the u23 players are only here to fulfil the requirements of PL 2 which seems to have little impact on the player's development that couldn't be achieved in better and more realistic environment, but then that wouldn't push the Premier League business.

Guest An Sionnach

To me , you should have a good idea of these young player's ability , you watch them week in week out. However until they have felt the pressure of premiership football you can never know if they can handle it. Their technique should not be in question, they are pros. after all , nor their fitness. Young players like Elliot and Greenwood have proven they can make the step up so we have to give them a go. Otherwise all we can do is get other clubs cast-offs at over inflated prices. There is no way now that a high profile club like Leicester is going to find players like Kante and Mahrez . As soon s we come calling prices go through the roof.

Our u23s generally aren't good enough to play in lower league sides, people calling for them to start in first team are crazy. We are challenging for a CL spot.

Anyhow we have one of the youngest teams in the premier league.

U23s playing in our first team:

Soyuncu

Chilwell

N'Didi

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Gray

Iheanacho

on the bench

Benkovic

Justin

We're giving youth every chance at leicester. Playing Kapustka or Hirst is not going to help.

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, FIF said:

Our u23s generally aren't good enough to play in lower league sides, people calling for them to start in first team are crazy. We are challenging for a CL spot.

Soyuncu

Chilwell

N'Didi

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Gray

Iheanacho

on the bench

Benkovic

Justin

We're giving youth every chance at leicester. Playing Kapustka or Hirst is not going to help.

Nor is buying other clubs cast offs and yet we still get suggestions we should get players in.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Soyuncu

Chilwell

N'Didi

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Gray

Iheanacho

on the bench

Benkovic

Justin

With this lot we should really crank up the stakes in this EFL cup or whatever it is called.

1 minute ago, lcfcdotell said:

I wonder if we’ll see a new face step up to the U23s to replace Thomas? Lol what am I thinking of course not

Just signed a 23 year old from Sunderland's u23s to fill his boots until Summer.

I made that up but realistic I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I swear Ndukwu has been a staple in the youth set up for about 10 years...

Give the lad a chance ,he's only 43 and still learning.

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who, Lingard? 

Nope not him , he tried learning but preferred to party .