Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Watch these regularly on foxes player and I have to say that if drinkwater was awful then take a bow matty james, utterly appalling. No press, passing sh*t, couldn't be arsed to tackle and his set pieces and corners were dreadful! When is his contract up anybody?

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Watch these regularly on foxes player and I have to say that if drinkwater was awful then take a bow matty james, utterly appalling. No press, passing sh*t, couldn't be arsed to tackle and his set pieces and corners were dreadful! When is his contract up anybody?

Contract until 2021, signed a 4 year deal in 2017.

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure what game you were watching. I feel that like so many here you have an agenda.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tavares?

He'd be the obvious choice, we also signed a young midfielder from Bury, Callum Hulme who has since failed to make a single appearance for the U18's or U23's. Callum Wright, Leshabela and Dewsbury-Hall will likely be the main midfield three.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Be great for the Lad he looks real quality on the ball but wouldn’t mind  Eppiah Making the step up maybe in our FA cup next leg?

There is no way that hirst is anywhere near a first team call up.

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I like Johansson.  He’s got a chance to be pretty good.

He looks very good. We have good goalkeepers everywhere.

Guest An Sionnach

It's strange isn't it you win match after match and the forum treats you as if you play for Nottm. Forest . A long term injury to Vardy and some of you would be changing your tune pretty quickly. Is it because of Chilwell and Barnes's recent form. Yes we have a rotten record with young players but does that have to continue?

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It's strange isn't it you win match after match and the forum treats you as if you play for Nottm. Forest . A long term injury to Vardy and some of you would be changing your tune pretty quickly. Is it because of Chilwell and Barnes's recent form. Yes we have a rotten record with young players but does that have to continue?

I keep saying it, who out of the U23's deserves to be in the first team? We have the best striker in the division and a back up with the best goals and assists ratio. Play them out of position shall we? Brilliant.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I mean firstly, Hirst as well as our other youth options haven't ever played at a level where you can say they would even get a game for Forest. Secondly, an injury to Vardy and I'd be crowing for Nacho and/or Perez to be our front line. Thirdly, we don't have a rotten record with young players, we have a pretty good record with young players; Chilwell and Barnes being very out of form doesn't suddenly give us a rotten record.

I'm all for giving young players a chance, don't get me wrong - but it isn't just a case of throwing all the U23s into the team when we go through a rough patch just because they're doing well in the U23 league, which I believe is generally populated with younger teams than ours. Which isn't to denigrate our U23 players, they're clearly doing well right now and I hope it continues - but they're not suddenly all ready for first team football for the team 3rd in the Prem just based on that. I'm hoping Rodgers maybe gives one or two some time against Brentford in the cup from the bench or something like that, and maybe a few bench cameos in the league if we're lucky to be in a position to do so, but just throwing young players into the first team willy nilly isn't going to magically solve all of our problems.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
11 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I mean firstly, Hirst as well as our other youth options haven't ever played at a level where you can say they would even get a game for Forest. Secondly, an injury to Vardy and I'd be crowing for Nacho and/or Perez to be our front line. Thirdly, we don't have a rotten record with young players, we have a pretty good record with young players; Chilwell and Barnes being very out of form doesn't suddenly give us a rotten record.

I'm all for giving young players a chance, don't get me wrong - but it isn't just a case of throwing all the U23s into the team when we go through a rough patch just because they're doing well in the U23 league, which I believe is generally populated with younger teams than ours. Which isn't to denigrate our U23 players, they're clearly doing well right now and I hope it continues - but they're not suddenly all ready for first team football for the team 3rd in the Prem just based on that. I'm hoping Rodgers maybe gives one or two some time against Brentford in the cup from the bench or something like that, and maybe a few bench cameos in the league if we're lucky to be in a position to do so, but just throwing young players into the first team willy nilly isn't going to magically solve all of our problems.

My position always is exhaust your options within your playing staff first before you go out and pay inflated prices for another teams cast offs. The great majority of whom either disappoint or even flop completely. We don't have any real problems anyway that I can see. We can introduce the most talented of our younger players in  a measured and sensible way like other clubs do.

Edited by An Sionnach

I hope Luke Thomas gets a loan soon. Is it right that clubs are only getting year long loans now? Think i was it here - may have misread.

If you go on the “Is in a good national youth team, should do well” metric then Luke Thomas, Hirst and Eppiah look promising.