Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Sam hughes is a very good player. One of our best youngsters. TheSalford manager is obviously a fool. Sam could have got Cup time for us last season.

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

With the exception of Hamza, Chilwell and Barnes.

Well all three of them then had to wait until they were 20 before they made their debut for us, when they could have been doing that at 18 and strangely they are still referred to as young lads on here. For instance Giggsy had four full seasons by the time he was Barnes's age.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Sam hughes is a very good player. One of our best youngsters. TheSalford manager is obviously a fool. Sam could have got Cup time for us last season.

Not last season as he was injured for pretty much all of it. But he had been on the bench for us for a PL match the season before that I think. Still one of the best players at attacking headers at corners that I've seen. Gets his body in the way of shots like Morgan. Really hoped he'd be in our first team by now. 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Well all three of them then had to wait until they were 20 before they made their debut for us, when they could have been doing that at 18 and strangely they are still referred to as young lads on here. For instance Giggsy had four full seasons by the time he was Barnes's age.

Didn't Chilwell debut in the CL when he was 19?

22 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Dewsbury-Hall is in the squad tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hopefully Hirst or Eppiah are too

Can't see the point, all three should have had proper loan experience by now. How do we know if they can cope with league football like Barnes and Chilwell, or not like Hughes and Ndukwu?

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't see the point, all three should have had proper loan experience by now. How do we know if they can cope with league football like Barnes and Chilwell, or not like Hughes and Ndukwu?

I just think tomorrow's game is way down the list of remaining priorities for this season given our injury problems and we are 90 minutes away from Wembley and probably half a dozen wins away from guaranteed Champions League football. I love the FA Cup and want us to win it, but as Finnegan says there's a time and a place for that and it's sadly not this season. I'd take the risk and have 3-4 of the U23's in the squad for tomorrow and then by all means loan them out next week if we can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

PS Hirst only joined us in the summer so limited the chance we had on getting him straight out on loan (Rodgers may have wanted to see him in close proximity with us for the first 6 months) and Eppiah without doubt would have gone on loan in the last 2 years had he not had an array of serious and long term injuries. It's the likes of Dewsbury-Hall, Leshabela and Muskwe who I can't work out why they haven't yet had a loan spell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just think tomorrow's game is way down the list of remaining priorities for this season given our injury problems and we are 90 minutes away from Wembley and probably half a dozen wins away from guaranteed Champions League football. I love the FA Cup and want us to win it, but as Finnegan says there's a time and a place for that and it's sadly not this season. I'd take the risk and have 3-4 of the U23's in the squad for tomorrow and then by all means loan them out next week if we can.

We're on the BBC, it'll be at least a similar team to Burton I expect. He's not going to throw Dewsbury-Hall in for a start when there are seemingly no takers even for a loan, almost 22 with no league football.

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

We're on the BBC, it'll be a similar team to Burton I expect. He's not going to throw Dewsbury-Hall in for a start when there are seemingly no takers even for a loan, almost 22 with no league football.

You might well be right, i'd not risk a single player who will play on Tuesday to start tomorrow.

• Like 1

U18's are playing Fulham today, neither of the Pennants are in the squad, imagine Terell is involved with the U23's again on Monday (along with CM Liam Loughlin considering Dewsbury Hall is with the first team atm), would be a promising step up for Kian if he is too, don't think he's even 16 yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

U18's are playing Fulham today, neither of the Pennants are in the squad, imagine Terell is involved with the U23's again on Monday (along with CM Liam Loughlin considering Dewsbury Hall is with the first team atm), would be a promising step up for Kian if he is too, don't think he's even 16 yet.

3-1 down at Fulham early in the second half.

Another goal back, now 3-2

FT: Lost 3-2

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
Full time update
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

The supposed gulf between PL 2 and the real thing is not unbridgeable and in Dewsbury - Hall's case he will improve far quicker training with the seniors than going out on some crappy loan deal to a Div 2 team. If we can get the younger players into Championship teams all well and good but otherwise let them stay here and learn.

Had a thought other day and don’t know if ta a real thing. Do lads have clauses where their wage could jump from 1k a week to 10k once they’ve made their first team debut? Could be a reason why we haven’t used many 23s in cups this year? I of course could be talking out my arse and need to stay off football manager :P

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Had a thought other day and don’t know if ta a real thing. Do lads have clauses where their wage could jump from 1k a week to 10k once they’ve made their first team debut? Could be a reason why we haven’t used many 23s in cups this year? I of course could be talking out my arse and need to stay off football manager :P

I doubt it and' I've never put any of these clauses in any contract on football manager.