Sign in to follow this  
FIF

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I really thought he would make it and was surprised that a young guy would have so many fitness issues . Looks like he is another who tried and failed to make a career in the game 

Bit premature! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I really thought he would make it and was surprised that a young guy would have so many fitness issues . Looks like he is another who tried and failed to make a career in the game 

I think he’s just had the one back injury (same one as Rashford I think) that happened at the worst possible time in preseason right before going on loan, then it got aggravated prolonging his comeback. Been fit for a while now. 

Didn’t we pay 100k for Hughes? Contracts up in the summer so I’m guessing he will be released if not sold before end of the month. Looked very good before his injury. Not sure how he’s come back from it? Shame if it’s homding him back! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Couple on the Salford tweet seem to rate him and we have recalled him? I wonder why? 

From what I could tell when I was looking a few weeks ago, he played well whenever he did play, but their manager inexplicably dropped him. Their fans seemed unhappy with the manager’s stubborn team selections in general.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just shows, it’s not just about getting these kids out on loan.

It’s about finding the right loan move, Salford and Southend have been disastrous for our players this season and they haven’t gained anything out of the moves.

The whole loan system doesn't help young players it damages most of them.

11 hours ago, brucey said:

From what I could tell when I was looking a few weeks ago, he played well whenever he did play, but their manager inexplicably dropped him. Their fans seemed unhappy with the manager’s stubborn team selections in general.

Hope we get Salford in the next round of the EFL Trophy and Hughes gets a hat trick

• Like 1

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Well, in the current youth system where big clubs hoard talent, it's just about the only way a lot of youngsters can get a chance.

• Like 1

Sam hughes is a very good player. One of our best youngsters. TheSalford manager is obviously a fool. Sam could have got Cup time for us last season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

With the exception of Hamza, Chilwell and Barnes.

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

With the exception of Hamza, Chilwell and Barnes.

Well all three of them then had to wait until they were 20 before they made their debut for us, when they could have been doing that at 18 and strangely they are still referred to as young lads on here. For instance Giggsy had four full seasons by the time he was Barnes's age.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Sam hughes is a very good player. One of our best youngsters. TheSalford manager is obviously a fool. Sam could have got Cup time for us last season.

Not last season as he was injured for pretty much all of it. But he had been on the bench for us for a PL match the season before that I think. Still one of the best players at attacking headers at corners that I've seen. Gets his body in the way of shots like Morgan. Really hoped he'd be in our first team by now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Well all three of them then had to wait until they were 20 before they made their debut for us, when they could have been doing that at 18 and strangely they are still referred to as young lads on here. For instance Giggsy had four full seasons by the time he was Barnes's age.

Didn't Chilwell debut in the CL when he was 19?

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Didn't Chilwell debut in the CL when he was 19?

That was Barnes, but all three players mentioned were 19 when they made their first team debuts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Dewsbury-Hall is in the squad tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hopefully Hirst or Eppiah are too

Can't see the point, all three should have had proper loan experience by now. How do we know if they can cope with league football like Barnes and Chilwell, or not like Hughes and Ndukwu?

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't see the point, all three should have had proper loan experience by now. How do we know if they can cope with league football like Barnes and Chilwell, or not like Hughes and Ndukwu?

I just think tomorrow's game is way down the list of remaining priorities for this season given our injury problems and we are 90 minutes away from Wembley and probably half a dozen wins away from guaranteed Champions League football. I love the FA Cup and want us to win it, but as Finnegan says there's a time and a place for that and it's sadly not this season. I'd take the risk and have 3-4 of the U23's in the squad for tomorrow and then by all means loan them out next week if we can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

PS Hirst only joined us in the summer so limited the chance we had on getting him straight out on loan (Rodgers may have wanted to see him in close proximity with us for the first 6 months) and Eppiah without doubt would have gone on loan in the last 2 years had he not had an array of serious and long term injuries. It's the likes of Dewsbury-Hall, Leshabela and Muskwe who I can't work out why they haven't yet had a loan spell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just think tomorrow's game is way down the list of remaining priorities for this season given our injury problems and we are 90 minutes away from Wembley and probably half a dozen wins away from guaranteed Champions League football. I love the FA Cup and want us to win it, but as Finnegan says there's a time and a place for that and it's sadly not this season. I'd take the risk and have 3-4 of the U23's in the squad for tomorrow and then by all means loan them out next week if we can.

We're on the BBC, it'll be at least a similar team to Burton I expect. He's not going to throw Dewsbury-Hall in for a start when there are seemingly no takers even for a loan, almost 22 with no league football.

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

We're on the BBC, it'll be a similar team to Burton I expect. He's not going to throw Dewsbury-Hall in for a start when there are seemingly no takers even for a loan, almost 22 with no league football.

You might well be right, i'd not risk a single player who will play on Tuesday to start tomorrow.

• Like 1

U18's are playing Fulham today, neither of the Pennants are in the squad, imagine Terell is involved with the U23's again on Monday (along with CM Liam Loughlin considering Dewsbury Hall is with the first team atm), would be a promising step up for Kian if he is too, don't think he's even 16 yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

U18's are playing Fulham today, neither of the Pennants are in the squad, imagine Terell is involved with the U23's again on Monday (along with CM Liam Loughlin considering Dewsbury Hall is with the first team atm), would be a promising step up for Kian if he is too, don't think he's even 16 yet.

3-1 down at Fulham early in the second half.

Another goal back, now 3-2

FT: Lost 3-2

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
Full time update
  • Like 1