Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I hope Luke Thomas gets a loan soon. Is it right that clubs are only getting year long loans now? Think i was it here - may have misread.

If you go on the “Is in a good national youth team, should do well” metric then Luke Thomas, Hirst and Eppiah look promising.

They'll be able to go out on loan this month until the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

It's good to see Luke Thomas and Ughelumba both training with the first team in the training vid they put out today

It is! I recall that Ughelumba has switched from LB to CB for the u23s recently, and it seems to be going great for him. 

Guest An Sionnach

Both left backs interestingly. Planning for Fuch's retirement maybe.

Edited by An Sionnach

Really hope Ughelumba gets a chance. Been learning to play CB this year, so he’s another player who is versatile. 

However, if he does get a chance I hope it’s at LB or LWB. 

His natural physicality would translate to the PL very well I think. Got a decent cross too. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2020 at 20:09, Ric Flair said:

I keep saying it, who out of the U23's deserves to be in the first team? We have the best striker in the division and a back up with the best goals and assists ratio. Play them out of position shall we? Brilliant.

I agree, I wouldn't choose anybody in the U23's for the first squad. The only players that remotely stood out for me were Johansson/Thomas/Dewsbury--Hall/Hirst. 

I like Hirst, reminds me of Harry Kane, but he lacks speed even though his skill in excellent.

Ps. Does anyone else think that Micky Adam's commentary in the U23's is dreadful? 

Hope you don't mind me joining you on this topic. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I agree, I wouldn't choose anybody in the U23's for the first squad. The only players that remotely stood out for me were Johansson/Thomas/Dewsbury--Hall/Hirst. 

I like Hirst, reminds me of Harry Kane, but he lacks speed even though his skill in excellent.

Ps. Does anyone else think that Micky Adam's commentary in the U23's is dreadful? 

Hope you don't mind me joining you on this topic. 

Mitch Clark and the two left backs Thomas and Calvin Ughelumba have looked good as well but even James Justin can barely get a game for us so how can they be considered. It's a real shame there's no wide players in the U23's, there are a couple in the U18's in Pennant, Arlott-John and Fitzhugh that i'd have hoped would have been promoted to the U23's this season but the progression is so slow under Beaglehole. Micky Adams and Sean St Ledger as commentators are awful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Mitch Clark and the two left backs Thomas and Calvin Ughelumba have looked good as well but even James Justin can barely get a game for us so how can they be considered. It's a real shame there's no wide players in the U23's, there are a couple in the U18's in Pennant, Arlott-John and Fitzhugh that i'd have hoped would have been promoted to the U23's this season but the progression is so slow under Beaglehole. Micky Adams and Sean St Ledger as commentators are awful.

Who are the wingers in the U23s keeping the 3 you mentioned in the U18s from stepping up?

Do the u23s play the same formation as the first team?

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Who are the wingers in the U23s keeping the 3 you mentioned in the U18s from stepping up?

Do the u23s play the same formation as the first team?

They play strikers there in more of a 4-3-3 as the central midfielders used are more defence minded than the first team. Muskwe, Eppiah and Regbha often play out wide.

• Like 1