Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

14 hours ago, stix said:

Get rid of it. It’s never growing back. 

I wet shave my head every other day. Adds 5 minutes to the daily shower routine, if that. 

Found I was having my hair cut shorter and shorter into my late 20s and early 30s.

The round patch on top was growing at a slightly slower rate than the rest.

Decided to have it all shaved off, see what it looked like.

That was 15 years ago.

Wouldn't want the hassle of having to maintain proper hair now.

Some blokes think losing hair somehow makes them less of a man.

Don't fight it, embrace it.

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Found I was having my hair cut shorter and shorter into my late 20s and early 30s.

The round patch on top was growing at a slightly slower rate than the rest.

Decided to have it all shaved off, see what it looked like.

That was 15 years ago.

Wouldn't want the hassle of having to maintain proper hair now.

Right I'm considering shaving it off, but just can't take that plunge. I know I should just do it, but when it comes to the crunch I back out.

Did you have any doubts? If you did, how did you push past them? 

I know I should just take the plunge and I'm being a wimp, but we're all different and it's just something I struggle with. So any advice or encouragement would be great?

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Right I'm considering shaving it off, but just can't take that plunge. I know I should just do it, but when it comes to the crunch I back out.

I know I should just take the plunge and I'm being a wimp, but we're all different and it's just something I struggle with. So any advice or encouragement would be great?

Never really had any doubts, just thought I'd try it and see how it looked.

If it hadn't worked how I wanted, I would've let it grow back.

To be honest, almost everyone said it looked better shaved, even my mum and she's super critical.

You're not a wimp.

It's your head and your life and don't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks or says.

You can 100% do this. You clearly want to. Might feel odd at first. We're all behind you pal.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Mine isn't so much feeling less of a man, mine is more like the @Ric Flair issue. I am not going to suit the bald look if/when that day comes. One thing I am grateful for is that my beard hair goes from strength to strength so I can always go for the Uncle Albert look if all else fails.

I noticed definite balding after a haircut around 3/4 months ago, I've always had a pretty high hairline, even at primary school, sort of Denis Bergkamp like, but this was the begining of the end I think. The moment it properly goes I will shave my head though, nobody suits the Barry from Eastenders hairstyle. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Mine isn't so much feeling less of a man, mine is more like the @Ric Flair issue. I am not going to suit the bald look if/when that day comes. One thing I am grateful for is that my beard hair goes from strength to strength so I can always go for the Uncle Albert look if all else fails.

I noticed definite balding after a haircut around 3/4 months ago, I've always had a pretty high hairline, even at primary school, sort of Denis Bergkamp like, but this was the begining of the end I think. The moment it properly goes I will shave my head though, nobody suits the Barry from Eastenders hairstyle. 

lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Have a few beers and just do it ! ...    once done its done ...   and it won't take long to grow back if it doesn't suit.  

Just get on with it Flannel !   :)

(And btw ...   I have a number 2 all over as i can't be doing with it long at all ...)   

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Never really had any doubts, just thought I'd try it and see how it looked.

If it hadn't worked how I wanted, I would've let it grow back.

To be honest, almost everyone said it looked better shaved, even my mum and she's super critical.

You're not a wimp.

It's your head and your life and don't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks or says.

You can 100% do this. You clearly want to. Might feel odd at first. We're all behind you pal.

Cheers for the reply. A bit like @David Guiza, I worry it won't suit me. But my sister did make a good point, I'm gonna be bald anyway, so what's it matter I won't have a choice.

I'm debating booking some time off, doing it and getting used to it before unleashing it on the world.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Razor straight down the middle of your head. Got to go through with it after that! If you don’t like it, it’ll grow back. 

Come join us!!!

F28B481D-AADF-49A8-AE51-D61EB148C84F.jpeg

I cut my hair in my early to mid 20s to be short with the spiked front part. Got tired of that look fast then took a number 2  (no, not a shit) clipper to it all. Now my hair on the sides grows faster then on top so i use a number 1 clipper. Been this way for about 5 years now but as i approach 40 this year I'm debating about the bald look.  Interestingly, i do have a short beard which offsets the balding look and women love it. Doesn't really matter though as I'm a married man. Having said that being a good looking guy to begin with helps me pull it off :)

1 hour ago, rico said:

Solution ......

Not a solution:

hair-trump.jpg

41 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What's the worst that can happen, mate?

It'll grow back if you don't like it.

2 minutes ago, lavrentis said:

Anyone even with a full head of hair thinking about going bald?

I (probably) have a full head of hair still but I've been shaving mine for about thirty years - I was travelling at the time and it made life easier.

Then I found I liked it and would never dream of going back.

53 minutes ago, lavrentis said:

Anyone even with a full head of hair thinking about going bald?

My hair is proper thick and out of control when it’s long. I had a number 1 cut a while ago and although it was piss easy to maintain, I was told I looked like a thug/skinhead etc.

I guess there’s something about looking ‘professional’ in front of clients for me which is why it’s back to normal length now. 

Mine started going really early. Not great in your early twenties. Honestly don't give a monkeys these days.

My advice is just embrace it. Don't worry about it. Half of blokes will lose their anyway - if it doesn't start in their 20s, it'll be in their 30s or 40s anyway.

I've never been arsed with wet shaving, I just give a run over with open blade clippers once a fortnight.

• Like 1

I’d have a transplant tomorrow if I could guarantee the results. Tried to contact Danny Drinkwater to get his views on them, as I think his has worked well.

In 20/30 years I think the population will look at old photos and think how odd we were walking around with bald heads, just like we look back at how old and unfit the population looked once they hit 40, or how bad teeth were years ago. 

So I’m up for a transplant me, provided it’s virtually guaranteed. My plumber has had one in Turkey, but you are put on a drip to ensure you don’t dehydrate? But I don’t fancy that. Don’t mind the needles in my head, but don’t like them in my arm. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

If you do go through with it, you’ll have to change your name on here, you’ll need a much bigger cloth than just a facecloth!

Mid/late 20’s but I’ll always be balding and don’t think I’ll ever be completely bald as I’m in my 50s now and still have hair on top to shave off.

it bothered me at first, but I like it now it’s shaved  and so do some women ? I look at it now that I had hair (blonde) when I needed it and now I’m happy that I don’t have to bother with it bar shaving my head once a week, I can be ready in 10 minutes no faffing lol 

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I've never been arsed with wet shaving, I just give a run over with open blade clippers once a fortnight.

You see, if I did that, I’d age by about 15 years after 2 weeks!