Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

How long ago was that? Also, how many grafts if you don't mind me asking?

The quote was about 12-18 months ago. £5,500 was the full price and said it would likely be 1-2 grafts but if more were needed over the years then that would be included.

4 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I had a hair transplant 3 years ago and it worked wonders. 

Pick a good surgeon and it's very likely you'll get good results.

If you have any questions, just ask...

Alright mate, where did you go for it? How many grafts did you have?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The quote was about 12-18 months ago. £5,500 was the full price and said it would likely be 1-2 grafts but if more were needed over the years then that would be included.

What I meant by grafts is number of hairs. 

Cheaper alternatives ..

1.  Comb over.

2.  Syrup

3.  Wear a hat ...   all the time.

4.  Don't go out and stay in a dark room ...   all the time.

5.  Send me a stamped addressed envelope and a cheque for £500 and i'll send you some of mine with simple instructions how to glue it to your head with araldite (supplied). 

:brendan_still:

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is, a decent PT at £25 a session twice a week is about £2600 a year. Might as well get the boncer done and over 2-3 years the cost works out the same. Plus you don't have to be beasted in the process.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, yes, it's expensive BUT get a good PT to get you in the gym, comfortable and trained up using the weights, equipment and explain how to cycle different muscle groups, nutrition. Once you know these things you can go on your own with confidence and use the PT once every 2 weeks or once a month as a check-in, guide. 

People piss £50 a week away on way less necessary rubbish - bad 'quick-grab' lunches, beer down the pub, etc. You can find the money if being in shape and healthy body, healthy mind is your goal. 

• Like 2

I'm 25 and I feel like it's probably been receding since I was 16 just very slowly until about 3 years ago when it started to get aggressive. I'll have to buzz it off within 6 months/a year. I'm worried that's going to knock my confidence as a single 25 yr old guy who is generally very confident but we'll see.

Toppik has been fantastic for me and has definitely given my hair a greater lifespan. Would recommend to anyone with bald spots or thin hair. 

I would get a transplant but would be extremely worried about going to somewhere like Turkey where it's not easy to go back and communicate if something went wrong, despite the good rep they have.

I'm aware it also depends on how many grafts you can get and how bald you are gonna go. I'm also not keen to take the finasteride drug either. 

If anyone has a recommendation for good UK surgeons I'd be interested to see.

Edited by ousefox

2 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I'm 25 and I feel like it's probably been receding since I was 16 just very slowly until about 3 years ago when it started to get aggressive. I'll have to buzz it off within 6 months/a year. I'm worried that's going to knock my confidence as a single 25 yr old guy who is generally very confident but we'll see.

Toppik has been fantastic for me and has definitely given my hair a greater lifespan. Would recommend to anyone with bald spots or thin hair. 

I would get a transplant but would be extremely worried about going to somewhere like Turkey where it's not easy to go back and communicate if something went wrong, despite the good rep they have.

I'm aware it also depends on how many grafts you can get and how bald you are gonna go. I'm also not keen to take the finasteride drug either. 

Basically me minus the 'generally very confident' part. I'm not keen on finasteride either as the potential side effects are absolutely brutal. Like you, I'd feel much more comfortable having a hair transplant in the UK for the exact same reason. 

I got quoted £5000 for a hair transplant at De Montfort clinic. I’m tempted to have the laser treatment first which is £1500 if I’m not happy with the results of that I’ll go for a transplant at a reduced cost. 

When you have a consultation they’ll know how many grafts will be needed to get the best result. 

What happens when you go bald then does it just fall out randomly or in the shower etc? Also re hair transplants what’s the point when some end up still looking bad like Rooney? I mean surely he was paying top money?

Although the king of transplants has to be David Silva damn his went well! 

3 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

I had a hair transplant 3 years ago and it worked wonders. 

Pick a good surgeon and it's very likely you'll get good results.

If you have any questions, just ask...

1D21471A-1CAC-4417-B0E1-6072EC01BA49.jpeg.335a52ecbfe0b85ae3b6eecd6c368555.jpeg

Is that an abstract picture of your bonce? Because I think they missed a bit! 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I started receding at about 21 and now at 28 I just shave it every couple of weeks. Really not arsed about it, if anything I prefer a shaved head and definitely Would never consider dropping thousands on treatment for it. 

suits you anyway bro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

What happens when you go bald then does it just fall out randomly or in the shower etc? Also re hair transplants what’s the point when some end up still looking bad like Rooney? I mean surely he was paying top money?

Although the king of transplants has to be David Silva damn his went well! 

I never really noticed when it fell out much tbf.

Yep there isn't any point. He looks terrible without the fibres he puts in. Any good doctor would tell you if you're not suitable.

Drinkwater's looks great. I assume he's taking the drug.

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Alright mate, where did you go for it? How many grafts did you have?

After a lot of research I went to India. It was a toss up between Turkey and India but I found a surgeon in India who's work just seemed fantastic. And it turned out that way for me.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/ is a great website to get feedback on most of the surgeons practicing across the globe. If a surgeon you're considering isn't on there then I'd probably be concerned.

I had around 3,000 grafts which was around 5,000 hairs. Total cost was around £3,000 and then there was flights and hotel on top of that. Quotes for the same procedure in UK ranged from £8-25,000, though the lower end of those quotes were for fewer grafts (some refused to do that many in one sitting).

First 2 weeks the scalp was scabby, then after 2 weeks the transplanted hair falls out, then from 3-6 months it all grows back as baby hair and then 6-12 months it grows in fully and thick. It still looks amazing after 3 years, though some of my natural hair has subsequently disappeared over that time and so I'm going to go back start of next year to fill that in. A lot of people seem to overlook this point - your natural hair will still continue to recede/bald, so make sure you use your donor hairs (you only have a limited amount) wisely - potentially over years.

I snapped a picture of the top my head last night, it's an angle we never see, and I think its time. I mean my hair is cut short, but still theres barely anything left lol. I'm up my sisters this weekend, and I'm taking my trimmer. See if I can pluck up the courage to get her to shave it.

@BenTheFox I like you am single, and I know what you mean about confidence, but I've got to a point where I'm weighing up will I look worse bald than I do trying to hold onto the last remnants of hair I've got. Theres a tipping point. Also I'm thinking both of us will feel more confident if we shave it and own it rather than worrying about losing it. Guess we just have to take control.

All easier said than donelol

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I snapped a picture of the top my head last night, it's an angle we never see, and I think its time. I mean my hair is cut short, but still theres barely anything left lol. I'm up my sisters this weekend, and I'm taking my trimmer. See if I can pluck up the courage to get her to shave it.

@BenTheFox I like you am single, and I know what you mean about confidence, but I've got to a point where I'm weighing up will I look worse bald than I do trying to hold onto the last remnants of hair I've got. Theres a tipping point. Also I'm thinking both of us will feel more confident if we shave it and own it rather than worrying about losing it. Guess we just have to take control.

All easier said than donelol

Mate, women love a completely bald man (I'm making the assumption that you are heterosexual?)

Edited by Buce

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mate, women love a completely bald man (I'm making the assumption that you are heterosexual?)

Correct.

And they don't like men who are trying to hold on to their hair and who try and hide their balding.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ousefox said:

I wouldn't worry too much about confidence if it's something you have no problem with now. I was about 26 and single when I decided to cut my losses and shave it off. Best decision I ever made. I gained confidence and got much more attention from women. Shave it and own it, it looks so much better than trying to hold onto hair that's disappearing. 

Edited by chuck'em
  • Like 3

Mine's coming out  right on the crown in a perfect circle that seems to be expanding. The thing is you only notice this yourself on rare occass like if a photo is taken from behind with you sitting down  - I actually got a nasty shock after viewing some recent drone footage lol

I used to worry a little bit about it, not enough to think of hair transplants but enough to research sprays and natural remedies. 

I think the way forward has to be with you being totally open with friends and family because there's nothing worse than making major hair coverups and then going about your business as nothing has happened! I'd be pre-warning everyone!