Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

Might be an odd topic, but there must be bald/balding men that are regulars on this forum. When did you first notice you were losing your hair? Does it bother you at all? Has anyone considered or even gone through with a hair transplant? I'm 25 and I started noticing it at the age of 19 and since then it's been pretty aggressive. I'm not completely bald but it definitely bothers me. 

I was told years ago that baldness usually comes from your mother's side of the family (obviously a load of bollocks) but I was young & I believed whoever it was who told me.  All the men on my Mum's side are bald fvckers.  I'm 47 now & still have all my hair, as does my Dad who's 71.

I wasn't too bothered at the prospect of going bald.  I would have just got the clippers on it.  I hate having my hair cut, although I did bump into Tom out of Kasabian the last time I was in there (nice bloke).  I've gone through stages of shaving my head on the shortest clipper setting.  It was great not having to think about my hair, but it's good to have other options.

42 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Might be an odd topic, but there must be bald/balding men that are regulars on this forum. When did you first notice you were losing your hair? Does it bother you at all? Has anyone considered or even gone through with a hair transplant? I'm 25 and I started noticing it at the age of 19 and since then it's been pretty aggressive. I'm not completely bald but it definitely bothers me. 

I started receding & thinning around 5 years and it has slowly got worse over the years. Depending on how I have my hair can make it look worse, I’m 31 and have had a consultation about having a hair transplant. 

One of my mates had one late last year and 8 months on its growing back really well, he had it done in Turkey and it was around £2000. I looked into having mine done locally in Leicester and it was £5000 for unlimited grafts.

Depending on how bald you are have you considered laser treatment? 

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I started receding & thinning around 5 years and it has slowly got worse over the years. Depending on how I have my hair can make it look worse, I’m 31 and have had a consultation about having a hair transplant. 

One of my mates had one late last year and 8 months on its growing back really well, he had it done in Turkey and it was around £2000. I looked into having mine done locally in Leicester and it was £5000 for unlimited grafts.

Never given it any thought to be honest. 

Mines been going for years. It's still passable as an ok head of hair, and the balding has slowed, but I've reached a point where I'm tempted to just get rid. Not sure when it started, but I'm 36 now.

They say it skips a generation, but that bullshit, my dad was bald.

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You baldies think you got it bad. Try having a full mop of ginger hair instead (well more grey than ginger now :()

It could be worse....you could be ginger & balding....

5AE07B21-B471-40B8-91BB-872AD249B9B8.jpeg

Edited by stix
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I’m not actually bald, although I shave my head bald. Hair is just a pain in arse, I’d be happy for it all to fall out.

1 hour ago, stix said:

Get rid of it. It’s never growing back. 

I wet shave my head every other day. Adds 5 minutes to the daily shower routine, if that. 

That makes three of us.

We could go to fancy dress parties as a game of billiards.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

That makes three of us.

We could go to fancy dress parties as a game of billiards.

I’d prefer if we went as the 3-boobed lady from Total Recall

Edited by stix

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I was sitting at the table for a family Christmas dinner. My sister(who never had a problem speaking her mind) walked behind me and smacked me on the back of the head. She said "You're going bald there buddy!" It was that top back common to start going bald spot that you can't see yourself. I was in my late 20's. I had very fine hair that was always a nightmare to do anything with. I always had it long when I was a teen/early 20's. Did the hat thing for awhile, but didn't want to be one of those guys. So, got it shaved right down and have never looked back since. I do it myself and tbh, I don't miss my hair since I never liked it anyway. 

13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

655382797_3dtreatment.jpg.8ce0ec0fcdd22dfb38860f54685f26be.jpg

This stuff can work miracles. From one part-baldy to another.

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

One of my mates had one late last year and 8 months on its growing back really well, he had it done in Turkey and it was around £2000  I looked into having mine done locally in Leicester and it was £5000 for unlimited grafts.

Be very very careful if you consider this Steve ..   my mate had it done on the cheap abroad too ..  he was promised  ‘a new organic head of hair’ ....   unfortunately he now has to cut it every few days in the summer and put weed and feed on once a week  .....

No ones got the heart to tell him ...

94D6DE33-CF5A-4FE6-89D8-894D35E7095F.jpeg

Edited by Countryfox
  • Haha 3

I've been receding like no man's business in the last few years, I was obsessed by it and have considered a hair transplant. The thing is, I look the absolute fcukin pits with a skin head so if it does properly recede up past my ear holes then i'm in trouble hahahaa. I'm gonna get some of that spray on stuff.