Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

22 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I started receding & thinning around 5 years and it has slowly got worse over the years. Depending on how I have my hair can make it look worse, I’m 31 and have had a consultation about having a hair transplant. 

One of my mates had one late last year and 8 months on its growing back really well, he had it done in Turkey and it was around £2000. I looked into having mine done locally in Leicester and it was £5000 for unlimited grafts.

Depending on how bald you are have you considered laser treatment? 

I personally wouldn’t bother, shave it off and you’ll feel better, I’ve put my brief thoughts a couple of posts above.

1 hour ago, stix said:

If you do go through with it, you’ll have to change your name on here, you’ll need a much bigger cloth than just a facecloth!

53 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe to Hand Towel?

49 minutes ago, stix said:

Im sure @Countryfox can think of a better one than that! 

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

Cloth head? :whistle:

Carpet head ..

22 hours ago, Izzy said:

You baldies think you got it bad. Try having a full mop of ginger hair instead (well more grey than ginger now :()

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Oh come on ! ...   they’re not that bad ! ..   and can look quite realistic   ... 

016573C2-9109-4DEE-BB41-4D9E62D9803A.jpeg

Mmm ?

Edited by Mike Oxlong

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Found I was having my hair cut shorter and shorter into my late 20s and early 30s.

The round patch on top was growing at a slightly slower rate than the rest.

Decided to have it all shaved off, see what it looked like.

That was 15 years ago.

Wouldn't want the hassle of having to maintain proper hair now.

Some blokes think losing hair somehow makes them less of a man.

Don't fight it, embrace it.

Nothing to do with feeling like less of a man for me. It's more that I'm a single man who doesn't make the best looking bald guy. I shaved my head nearly a couple of months ago and I wasn't keen. One positive about it is, I have start looking at other ways I can improve myself. Going bald has actually made me more determined to lose weight because either way I'll feel much better about myself whether I have hair or not. Bald and in shape is a much better look than bald and overweight. 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Nothing to do with feeling like less of a man for me. It's more that I'm a single man who doesn't make the best looking bald guy. I shaved my head nearly a couple of months ago and I wasn't keen. One positive about it is, I have start looking at other ways I can improve myself. Going bald has actually made me more determined to lose weight because either way I'll feel much better about myself whether I have hair or not. Bald and in shape is a much better look than bald and overweight. 

That's a good point, Ben. Hadn't given the weight issue much of a thought before.

I lost 4 stone in 2003 (was 18 1/2 stone at my fattest)

Shaved my head the following year

Not sure I'd have done it during the fat days, not sure it ever crossed my mind though

Lose weight, shave the head, join the club - good luck to you pal

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I’d have a transplant tomorrow if I could guarantee the results. Tried to contact Danny Drinkwater to get his views on them, as I think his has worked well.

In 20/30 years I think the population will look at old photos and think how odd we were walking around with bald heads, just like we look back at how old and unfit the population looked once they hit 40, or how bad teeth were years ago. 

So I’m up for a transplant me, provided it’s virtually guaranteed. My plumber has had one in Turkey, but you are put on a drip to ensure you don’t dehydrate? But I don’t fancy that. Don’t mind the needles in my head, but don’t like them in my arm. 

I think King got one too 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2019 at 19:02, BenTheFox said:

Might be an odd topic, but there must be bald/balding men that are regulars on this forum. When did you first notice you were losing your hair? Does it bother you at all? Has anyone considered or even gone through with a hair transplant? I'm 25 and I started noticing it at the age of 19 and since then it's been pretty aggressive. I'm not completely bald but it definitely bothers me. 

Mine started going in my late twenties - in my early thirities now and it's very thin on top. I just get it no1 or no2 every couple of weeks. Prefer it like this now and it doesn't really bother me at all.

12 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I looked better with my shaved head when I was ideal weight. when you're chubby a bald head isn't as easy to pull off - unless you can grow a decent beard to balance it out. 

I've got one hell of a good PT if you're looking to lose weight, learn about nutrition, etc. Genuinely nice guy and first consultation is free. PM me if you want deets.

I had a full head of hair until my late 20s. Now My hairline is slowly receding. It looks alright at the minute as the way it's cut and styled hides the majority of the receding hairline.

I'm just worried because that solution is a slippery slope...B8JH989IQAAtiZ4.jpg:large

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I’d have a transplant tomorrow if I could guarantee the results. Tried to contact Danny Drinkwater to get his views on them, as I think his has worked well.

In 20/30 years I think the population will look at old photos and think how odd we were walking around with bald heads, just like we look back at how old and unfit the population looked once they hit 40, or how bad teeth were years ago. 

So I’m up for a transplant me, provided it’s virtually guaranteed. My plumber has had one in Turkey, but you are put on a drip to ensure you don’t dehydrate? But I don’t fancy that. Don’t mind the needles in my head, but don’t like them in my arm. 

I got a quote off the place Rooney had his done in London, £5,500. Could be paid over a number of years but then I blew £11,000 on roulette in less than 15 mins and put paid to that hahahaa. I will consider it again once I've got my finances sorted. You send in a few photos of your boncer from a tool on their website and then they establish what needs to be done and the likely cost and plan etc. I think £5,500 isn't that bad. If you could pay it off like you do a car or a bastard wedding then why not look the absolute bollocks?

42 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I looked better with my shaved head when I was ideal weight. when you're chubby a bald head isn't as easy to pull off - unless you can grow a decent beard to balance it out. 

I've got one hell of a good PT if you're looking to lose weight, learn about nutrition, etc. Genuinely nice guy and first consultation is free. PM me if you want deets.

The thing is, a decent PT at £25 a session twice a week is about £2600 a year. Might as well get the boncer done and over 2-3 years the cost works out the same. Plus you don't have to be beasted in the process.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I got a quote off the place Rooney had his done in London, £5,500. Could be paid over a number of years but then I blew £11,000 on roulette in less than 15 mins and put paid to that hahahaa. I will consider it again once I've got my finances sorted. You send in a few photos of your boncer from a tool on their website and then they establish what needs to be done and the likely cost and plan etc. I think £5,500 isn't that bad. If you could pay it off like you do a car or a bastard wedding then why not look the absolute bollocks?

£5,500 to have someone sprinkle bits of crushed up Weetabix on top of your head. :blink:

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I got a quote off the place Rooney had his done in London, £5,500. Could be paid over a number of years but then I blew £11,000 on roulette in less than 15 mins and put paid to that hahahaa. I will consider it again once I've got my finances sorted. You send in a few photos of your boner from a tool on their website and then they establish what needs to be done and the likely cost and plan etc. I think £5,500 isn't that bad. If you could pay it off like you do a car or a bastard wedding then why not look the absolute bollocks?

The things gents do these days wow!  Lol

I am getting tired of using the #1 clipper on my head. What doesnt help is the thought of shaving it every day or 3 with a razor. Sounds taxing lol. Laser the whole head, cept the beard and eye brows. Laser the ear hair that starts to grow as you bald lol

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

How long ago was that? Also, how many grafts if you don't mind me asking?