Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Does the UK do ""shave for the cure''  those type of things?

Thats a great time for those contemplating the shave... your doing it for charity so,  youll get credit + do good... and test the look :)

Not that I’m aware of - sounds like a great idea. Would have to be done in the summer, though! :colder:

I can see the sudden appearance of thousands of skinheads on our streets as not causing the slightest bit of panic, either lol

31 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not that I’m aware of - sounds like a great idea. Would have to be done in the summer, though! :colder:

I can see the sudden appearance of thousands of skinheads on our streets as not causing the slightest bit of panic, either lol

I did it around 20 years ago... my daughter then was about 11 - 12 ... due to my skinhead look whenever i wenyt out with her she had me wear a badge thats said, ""I shaved my head for charity"' lmao

https://worldsgreatestshave.com/

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

After starting to go bald at 18, i’ve finally shaved my head. 

A terrifying thing to do, you never really do know if you can pull it off. Maybe Enzo inspired  me 🤷‍♂️

Generally had very positive reactions but it’s hard to work out if that’s people just being polite or genuine praise. Either way, I felt terrible before and was very embarrassed to see photos of my hairline. 

A mates wedding in the summer probably was when reality set in that i wasn’t getting away with covering it up anymore. Genuinely felt like i was ruining photos for other people. 

Anyway, i am new to this. any tips on how to maintain it, i didn’t realise there was so much to maintenance involved in a bald head 😂

Edited by Lambert09

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

A terrifying thing to do, you never really do know if you can pull it off. Maybe Enzo inspired  me 🤷‍♂️

Generally had very positive reactions but it’s hard to work out if that’s people just being polite or genuine praise. Either way, I felt terrible before and was very embarrassed to see photos of my hairline. 

A mates wedding in the summer probably was when reality set in that i wasn’t getting away with covering it up anymore. Genuinely felt like i was ruining photos for other people. 

Anyway, i am new to this. any tips on how to maintain it, i didn’t realise there was so much to maintenance involved in a bald head 😂

Moisturiser, grow a beard (I’m guessing you can), chest out, own it. If you feel sad about it, look how fecking handsome our new manager is. 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I shave my head with  #0.5 and go over it every few weeks. I am balding on the top only so it grows irregular to the sides. Dont fancy the bald look but i might at some point. The effort to keep it "brazilian" is too much for me. I am married with kids so what the fook do I care. The wife isnt complaining one bit :)

Also, having a beard of some sort makes all the difference.

47 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Moisturiser, grow a beard (I’m guessing you can), chest out, own it. If you feel sad about it, look how fecking handsome our new manager is. 

28 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I shave my head with  #0.5 and go over it every few weeks. I am balding on the top only so it grows irregular to the sides. Dont fancy the bald look but i might at some point. The effort to keep it "brazilian" is too much for me. I am married with kids so what the fook do I care. The wife isnt complaining one bit :)

Also, having a beard of some sort makes all the difference.

cheers guys. i’m lucky enough to grow a decent beard so i’ll take that win! 

I like to think about how  Paul Konchesky could grow hair and chose to be bald. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It's good to use something like coconut oil before you shave and after every shower so your skin doesn't dry out. Moisturise everyday. You'll still need to use a dandruff shampoo if you needed to before.

Also some shaving foams can dry your skin. You can get ones that are specifically for shaving bald heads that have moisturising properties like: Bee Bald. But there are others.

And obviously factor 50 or hats when it's sunny. But everyone is different, lots of information on the internet - especially youtube. 

Edited by Guesty

The more i read this thread the more i keep picturing Catherine Tate's Derek
image.jpeg.d255230ec5ef2120603e3d92b4c9ed8b.jpeg

"Who dear? me dear? gay dear? NO dear, Just because a man spends a little to much on hand cream & doesn't shy away from a chest wax, you accuse him of bowling from the pavillon end...how very dare you.."

Joking aside big up to you @Lambert09 i did it during covid & kept scaring myself when looking in the mirror whilst brushing my teeth lol i've let it grow back but it's not going to be long before i have to finally let it go.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

The more i read this thread the more i keep picturing Catherine Tate's Derek
image.jpeg.d255230ec5ef2120603e3d92b4c9ed8b.jpeg

"Who dear? me dear? gay dear? NO dear, Just because a man spends a little to much on hand cream & doesn't shy away from a chest wax, you accuse him of bowling from the pavillon end...how very dare you.."

Joking aside big up to you @Lambert09 i did it during covid & kept scaring myself when looking in the mirror whilst brushing my teeth lol i've let it grow back but it's not going to be long before i have to finally let it go.

lol  i’m constantly getting shocked by the mirror as well. 

Life is so much easier bald though, feel ready to go out as soon as you get up.  Don’t have to check the mirror all the time. 

It’s definitely got some advantages 

• Like 1