Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Baldness/Hairloss

23 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What happens when you go bald then does it just fall out randomly or in the shower etc? Also re hair transplants what’s the point when some end up still looking bad like Rooney? I mean surely he was paying top money?

Although the king of transplants has to be David Silva damn his went well! 

Fabregas and Drinky have been the kings of it, crazy results.

Luckily I still have all of my hair, unluckily I’ve gone Philip Scofield and I’m not 34 yet.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fabregas and Drinky have been the kings of it, crazy results.

Luckily I still have all of my hair, unluckily I’ve gone Philip Scofield and I’m not 34 yet.

Grey or bald? Which is the preferable option

16 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

After a lot of research I went to India. It was a toss up between Turkey and India but I found a surgeon in India who's work just seemed fantastic. And it turned out that way for me.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/ is a great website to get feedback on most of the surgeons practicing across the globe. If a surgeon you're considering isn't on there then I'd probably be concerned.

I had around 3,000 grafts which was around 5,000 hairs. Total cost was around £3,000 and then there was flights and hotel on top of that. Quotes for the same procedure in UK ranged from £8-25,000, though the lower end of those quotes were for fewer grafts (some refused to do that many in one sitting).

First 2 weeks the scalp was scabby, then after 2 weeks the transplanted hair falls out, then from 3-6 months it all grows back as baby hair and then 6-12 months it grows in fully and thick. It still looks amazing after 3 years, though some of my natural hair has subsequently disappeared over that time and so I'm going to go back start of next year to fill that in. A lot of people seem to overlook this point - your natural hair will still continue to recede/bald, so make sure you use your donor hairs (you only have a limited amount) wisely - potentially over years.

No need to answer my PM now thank you 

On 12/07/2019 at 17:08, Unabomber said:

What happens when you go bald then does it just fall out randomly or in the shower etc? Also re hair transplants what’s the point when some end up still looking bad like Rooney? I mean surely he was paying top money?

Although the king of transplants has to be David Silva damn his went well! 

I was stopping away with work. Hotel in Blackpool, had a bath and there was all this hair in the tub when I let the water out.

I think I was 30 at the time.

You have photos taken and think oh god this is terrible, but the bad thing is, it’s better than it will be when you have photos taken the next year. 

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

How did it go @Facecloth?

Not tried yet. Got up here around midday, been busy with the kids and now my sis and her other half are out. Was always gonna be tomorrow if I did it.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

The real problem isn't going bald, it's going bald at a young age. You either just accept it or do something about it. I've decided to go for a hair transplant. Was told I need 3000-3500 grafts implanted to cover my balding and receding areas. Found a surgery in Turkey I like the look of after closely following them for a while. Spoke to my GP and he said the surgery would be low risk so I'm going ahead with the deposit and booking my flights. If anyone would like to see the package/cost/name of the surgery - just let me know. It's going to cost about £3000 in total. A lot of money but 100% worth it if looking and feeling your best is important to you.

• Like 1

Can confirm that even if you have a full head there's a lot to be gained from shaving it off: In the past few days since going skinhead I've had many customers at work stop me to compliment the dome (never happened before) and achieved my first conquest for a shamefully long time.  Being bald apparently makes you more popular.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Can confirm that even if you have a full head there's a lot to be gained from shaving it off: In the past few days since going skinhead I've had many customers at work stop me to compliment the dome (never happened before) and achieved my first conquest for a shamefully long time.  Being bald apparently makes you more popular.

A lot depends on head shape ....    some shaved heads just look ...  well ...  fookin awful !! ..  :)

IMG_2426.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

34 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm on the oxygen at the minute

Don't worry, Facey, Carl is too...

I spoke to a guy who had a hair transplant. He went abroad to get it done thuogh (some central American country i think). Looked alright but he said it was the most painful thing ever. He shown me the pictures of his red raw head and it looked gross. Think i'd accept baldness over that. Said he couldn't sleep for weeks as it hurt when he laid down. 

If anyone is doing it you might want to book 2 weeks off or whatever so you can heal up at home. 

On 14/07/2019 at 12:04, Countryfox said:

A lot depends on head shape ....    some shaved heads just look ...  well ...  fookin awful !! ..  :)

This.

Mine is going and I really don’t have the head shape to carry off the baldy look...no idea what I’m going to do about it. :mellow:

• 2 years later...

I just keep buzzing it off using the # 0.5 clipper which is almost bald. I got full hair on sides of the head just not the top. Eventually, I will get to the fully shaved with a razor look.

If only baldness applied to nose, ear, armpit, chest and bollock hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 14/07/2019 at 11:39, Carl the Llama said:

I see this post was way back when in 2019? 

...I've gotta ask, how's the shag count gone since? Has the bald look maintained its effect on women? (or men, I guess,....there's no suggestion whether you or gay or straight)

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I actually had a hair transplant only a few months after starting this topic. I had just under 2000 grafts for the hairline. I was really happy with the results but the issue is that I've continued to lose my hair and looks patchy now so I now need another one

Is that because of the number of the number of grafts that you had?

Who decides on how many are needed - is it recommended to you what you'd need, does it depend on where on your head the grafts are required or is decided by cost, etc? 

16 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

And you’re shaving it off? You’ll probably be too young to know who Ralph Coates was, but I suggest you google him. You’ll reconsider, I guarantee it.

Lol

I actually have hair on top its just thin and you see more scalp then hair really