Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's true - stock Beavertown which is ten minutes walk away from their stadium. Beer choices other than that are Heineken, Amstel, Strongbow and Old Mout Cider. Beavertown is a fiver, Amstel/Heineken is less than a fiver. 

Beavertown is owned by Heineken, but yeah its better to have a decent choice of beers.

Arsenal have Camden Hells in their ground now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At a FCC meeting last summer it was suggested that we stocked a local beer and everyone, I mean everyone in attendance agreed. We then proceeded to sell Singha and got sponsored by Bai Saigon... :facepalm:

You do worry what goes through the heads of officials when you get huge feedback for certain things and they do the opposite

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Beavertown is owned by Heineken, but yeah its better to have a decent choice of beers.

Arsenal have Camden Hells in their ground now.

Yeah, having a small brewery with the ground - cuts the largest overhead of beer, transport. Interestingly Camden owned by Heineken too! (EDIT: No it's not, they are InBev)

Others than those, there's only Brighton I can think of who stock beer brewed locally in the PL. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don't get that. It joins up with the main line a couple of hundred yards down and used to be the main line from Leicester to Burton and part of the Stephenson line, the bloke who invented the standard gauge. They're talking about re-opening it anyway and calling it the ivanhoe line, but they can't get any funding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_and_Swannington_Railway

Like I say, I wouldn't have a clue and haven't looked into it. 

I'll see if I still have the FCC notes and see if it was written in them.

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

We'd go to Derby, I reckon. That would cater for the current capacity of home fans plus the usual amount of away supporters. Plus it is a direct train route, unlike to Coventry.

I doubt we'd move anyway, just that the stand in question wouldn't have a roof for a while.

I wouldn’t be surprised if somewhere a little further like Milton Keynes was considered. Not sure how receptive a clubs like derby would be to us wanting to use their ground. I mean if they rocked up wanting to use the king power I couldn’t see that happening.

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At a FCC meeting last summer it was suggested that we stocked a local beer and everyone, I mean everyone in attendance agreed. We then proceeded to sell Singha and got sponsored by Bai Saigon... :facepalm:

Does anyone know if the burger vans outside the ground are part of the catering contract with Compass? 

I've said it elsewhere - you can contact plenty of street food vendors to jazz up the food and booze options. The retail prices won't be cheaper but the quality would be far, far better than what's served. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Couldn't Welford Road be used as a temporary home? 

Or not enough seating etc? 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The City fans and Tiger fans dispute was merely to give you context as to why the idea wouldn't be openly accepted. 

The fact is there are huge issues with using Welford road now.

We have around 23K season ticket holders, with Tigers having a capacity of under 26K. That leaves under 3k tickets for away fans that's usually at least 2K, normally 10% of allocation so say 2.5K. That leaves under 500 to 1000 tickets for members and general sale.

There's complaints now over availability of tickets; there simply isn't the space to use Welford road effectively at our current size. 

The Tigers are up for sale. 

Here’s ‘The Plan™‘:

1. Buy the Tigers for £60m

2. Expand Welford Road to seat 32k.

3. Move into Welford Road for a season while we redevelop the King Power. 

4. Profit. 

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

No shit Sherlock 

It was just people discussing where we'd potentially move should we have gone for a new stadium on the same site 

As far as im told a move was considered but ruled out,  the preferred option being along the lines of Liverpools new stand , basically built without too much impact on the east stand until the latter stages of "joining "the two together .

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Tigers are up for sale. 

Here’s ‘The Plan™‘:

1. Buy the Tigers for £60m

2. Expand Welford Road to seat 32k.

3. Move into Welford Road for a season while we redevelop the King Power. 

4. Profit. 

1) it is amazing the most successful Rugby club in Europe costs significantly less than Maguire.

2) Whelan is actually a Rugby supporter

3) Rugby is in a transformative era -- it might be worth a punt in any case.

4) Stadium design in the UK is significantly behind the US as far as income streams right now. If done correctly, the club could increase game day revenue by an exponential factor, hence the consultancy firm's emphasis on "game day" patterns. The want that pre- and post-match income (I expect they will buy out the current catering contract. The food is inedible, and I will eat some disgusting food.)

56 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

1) it is amazing the most successful Rugby club in Europe costs significantly less than Maguire.

2) Whelan is actually a Rugby supporter

3) Rugby is in a transformative era -- it might be worth a punt in any case.

4) Stadium design in the UK is significantly behind the US as far as income streams right now. If done correctly, the club could increase game day revenue by an exponential factor, hence the consultancy firm's emphasis on "game day" patterns. The want that pre- and post-match income (I expect they will buy out the current catering contract. The food is inedible, and I will eat some disgusting food.)

Build a bigger parking lot, hand out some pick up trucks and I'm all for having a bbq and beers there.

Although that doesn't help the club's income lol

Edited by Bayfox

Me too.

As well as a new upper tier in the East Stand, investment will be made across the wider site, improved food and beverage offers and better access and facilities for supporters and the surrounding community on both match day and non-match day to create an exciting destination for the city of Leicester.

During the survey, we will first ask you about your match attendance experience before introducing you to some of the new seating options that might be available. We will then ask you about your matchday habits, as well as whether you will be interested in attending the stadium on non-matchdays.

Just been sent mine to,

some very interesting questions dunno about a 'season ticket plus' I guess that's just an extension of the Keith Weller lounge.

And the main question for a lot of people - the question about Safe Standing.

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just received a survey in my junk folder for this.

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Me too.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Just been sent mine to,

some very interesting questions dunno about a 'season ticket plus' I guess that's just an extension of the Keith Weller lounge.

And the main question for a lot of people - the question about Safe Standing.

Do they give you a link for people who didn't get an email (yet)?

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No its linked into the email - I think its gone to Season ticket holders first... also check your junk folder as mine was in there.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I believe the link is connected to your supporter number and therefore specific to an individual. Check your junk folder or any blocked emails. It may also take some time for everyone to receive one.

1 minute ago, davieG said:
As you may have read, the government is considering allowing safe standing areas for football matches in England. These are very different to the standing areas from 30 years ago and have rails and barriers to ensure safety is not compromised. Benefits to fans include an area where standing is allowed throughout the match. If the government allowed such areas, Leicester City is contemplating converting a small areas in the stadium to safe standing.

Which of these views most closely matches your own?

I would welcome Leicester City investing in safe standing and would definitely be interested in this product

I would welcome Leicester City investing in safe standing and would potentially be interested in this product

I would welcome Leicester City investing in safe standing but this is not something for me

I would be against Leicester City converting any areas to safe standing

I hope that if 5,000 people say 'Yes', they will actually get the point and convert more than just 500 seats!

I do believe that they will get a lot of popular response for this question. Picking the last option is ridiculous. Basically says, I don't want it so no one else needs it either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Picking the last option is ridiculous. Basically says, I don't want it so no one else needs it either.

Personally shouldn't have included the first part of each statement. It should either be definitely interested, potentially interested, not sure, or it's not for me.

Then you are really catering to demand and not peoples subjective views.

• Like 1

I hope that if 5,000 people say 'Yes', they will actually get the point and convert more than just 500 seats!

I do believe that they will get a lot of popular response for this question. Picking the last option is ridiculous. Basically says, I don't want it so no one else needs it either.

I picked the 3rd.Although I loved standing as the freedom and options it provided were much better than sitting and also better for dealing with the extremes of the weather but I'm getting too old now to stand for 2hrs plus especially with all the stoppages, extra time and longer half time.

Guest Markyblue

Very much doubt many will pick the last option.  I'm really not to fussed but will pick a positive response to help those that are.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:
As you may have read, the government is considering allowing safe standing areas for football matches in England. These are very different to the standing areas from 30 years ago and have rails and barriers to ensure safety is not compromised. Benefits to fans include an area where standing is allowed throughout the match. If the government allowed such areas, Leicester City is contemplating converting a small areas in the stadium to safe standing.

Which of these views most closely matches your own?

I would welcome Leicester City investing in day beds and would definitely be interested in this product

I would welcome Leicester City investing in day beds and would potentially be interested in this product

I would welcome Leicester City investing in day beds but this is not something for me

I would be against Leicester City converting any areas to day beds

Fixed. :thumbup: First option of course. :whistle: