Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

It has to be 15000 min to make it worthwhile.Biggest stadium in the midlands 🤩Bring it on!!!!

That's what I want to see. Villa Park's capacity is 42,682, so another 10,370 seats would be enough to make the KP the biggest in the midlands.

Apparently, Forest are planning to expand to 38k soon, so it has to be bigger than that at the very least!

• Haha 1

Still think they might start again with a new stadium on the existing site. 

If they've bought some of  the land around it, could they not start building but keep the ground open like what Spurs did. 

I know that went over time and budget but it's magnificent and would Top and family consider something like that? 

Also a fantastic memory of Vichai 

(Which I'm sure it will be, whatever they do 💙

13 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

If they've bought some of  the land around it, could they not start building but keep the ground open like what Spurs did. 

I know that went over time and budget but it's magnificent and would Top and family consider something like that? 

I think a new stadium is pretty unlikely. It's still a pretty new stadium itself, and could be expanded to around 45k, which is probably plenty for now.

I expect the leaked plans or something like it will be more likely. Around 10k extra seats on the East stand, a hotel and an indoor arena (with, hopefully, a new Leicester ice hockey team! :fc:) would be great.

35 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

There was some discussion at the time that Vichai wanted to do just that.

However, he was dissuaded as it would've involved a season groundshare with the Snotties that wouldn't have gone down well with our fan base.

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

There was some discussion at the time that Vichai wanted to do just that.

However, he was dissuaded as it would've involved a season groundshare with the Snotties that wouldn't have gone down well with our fan base.

Far more practical would be to spend a year at the Ricoh. For a start, it's secondary tenant has buggered off

28 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Far more practical would be to spend a year at the Ricoh. For a start, it's secondary tenant has buggered off

No way you could predict the outcome there. It wouldn't be a situation Id want the club involved in, as it's weird enough as it is with the 2 clubs. 

And 3 potential tenants would be abysmal.

12 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Couldn't Welford Road be used as a temporary home? 

Or not enough seating etc? 

Yeah it could, but as was mentioned above, there has always been a weird rivalry between some groups of Tigers and City fans. Not sure of the extent, just bits from what I've read on here.

As well its only 25k seating, we have about that in season tickets, and away fans need to be taken into account as well. 

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No way you could predict the outcome there. It wouldn't be a situation Id want the club involved in, as it's weird enough as it is with the 2 clubs. 

And 3 potential tenants would be abysmal.

Yeah it could, but as was mentioned above, there has always been a weird rivalry between some groups of Tigers and City fans. Not sure of the extent, just bits from what I've read on here.

As well its only 25k seating, we have about that in season tickets, and away fans need to be taken into account as well. 

Surely if it's for the good of the city they can settle their differences 😲

Any improvement to the surrounding area of the KP could also benefit the Tigers, usage of the fan park or other facilities and our training facilities could be used for touring rugby teams(maybe?) 

If it was for the long term benefit of the club, I would give up my 3 season tickets whilst any work was carried out. 

But that's only me👍

48 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Surely if it's for the good of the city they can settle their differences 😲

Any improvement to the surrounding area of the KP could also benefit the Tigers, usage of the fan park or other facilities and our training facilities could be used for touring rugby teams(maybe?) 

If it was for the long term benefit of the club, I would give up my 3 season tickets whilst any work was carried out. 

But that's only me👍

The City fans and Tiger fans dispute was merely to give you context as to why the idea wouldn't be openly accepted. 

The fact is there are huge issues with using Welford road now.

We have around 23K season ticket holders, with Tigers having a capacity of under 26K. That leaves under 3k tickets for away fans that's usually at least 2K, normally 10% of allocation so say 2.5K. That leaves under 500 to 1000 tickets for members and general sale.

There's complaints now over availability of tickets; there simply isn't the space to use Welford road effectively at our current size. 

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

If you’re going to spend £100m on a new training ground, may as well go halves with the council on a “King Power Stadium” train station :thumbup::beer:

A feasibility study is or has commenced to investigate opening the line to passenger trains, with a proposed station at KP.

• Like 2

As much as I hate how American it is Spurs have played a blinder getting fans staying in and around the ground. I'm surprised at the amount of people that are content paying premium prices for shit food and worse beer in bare, draughty concourses. Obviously, I'm not a market research business but if you sell a mixture of better beers, local produce, without cretins serving you at a reasonable price you're going to have more fans spending more time and money in the ground.

Compass having a long contract can't be an excuse anymore either, we're a Premier League club with European ambitions, we're not getting held hostage by some wanky corporate catering company probably headquartered in some hovel London satellite town.

• Like 4

Theyve increased the prices again in the concourses and the only burgers on show were average chicken burgers for some reason.  They really need to set reasonable prices and sort the quality of the food.  I do think more variety will become available if the venue becomes an entertainment complex thats used more than just matchdays.

Assuming that it's going to be at least a couple of years before they get this done, they could do a separate phase one (next summer) to increase capacity by dropping the pitch down a couple of metres, similar (but a smaller scale) to what they did at Man City's ground before they moved in after the Commonwealth games.

It would mean they'd be able to add (at a guess) 6 to 8 more rows all the way around (maybe about 2000 seats), with the added bonus of getting the supporters closer to the pitch because there's at least 10 metres from row A to the pitch.

It would mean digging up the undersoil heating, lowering the dug outs, having a slope/steps down from the tunnel etc. but wouldn't affect the structure of the stadium (therefore relatively little cost) and surely benefits would outweigh costs.  Those at the front might get a bit wet when it's raining though, unless they can extend the roof outwards a bit (which might increase the cost a bit).

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Train line infrastructure is already there and has history of usage. Would be easier to develop rather than designing, producing and implementing a brand new tram system 

This I was told at the FCC has been investigated. I don't know if they are telling the truth but apparently it's an old gauge of line and can't be married up to the existing trainlines. Meaning it would all have to be relaid for the club to be able to use.

I'm not an expert on trains so no idea how true. But the club have ruled it out for now.