Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

28 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I am angered by Demari Gray attending this protest and quite frankly I’m amazed that any Leicester fan isn’t. The guy is a professional footballer. Let me give you a scenario. After putting himself at risk he then attends full contact training with our first team squad prior to the first match. After the next round of testing we have four positive tests, those being Vardy, Ndidi, Evans and Gray himself. Premier league rightly say we still have to play the game without them as it’s his fault. Is everyone still happy he went to the protest then?

Is it not a question of lives matter all the time and this circumstance and particularly in America it is tough always to say Black Lives Matter.

So a pandemic may be happening that threatens all lives but what does that matter to people who’s lives are threatened regardless of Covid 19?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I am angered by Demari Gray attending this protest and quite frankly I’m amazed that any Leicester fan isn’t. The guy is a professional footballer. Let me give you a scenario. After putting himself at risk he then attends full contact training with our first team squad prior to the first match. After the next round of testing we have four positive tests, those being Vardy, Ndidi, Evans and Gray himself. Premier league rightly say we still have to play the game without them as it’s his fault. Is everyone still happy he went to the protest then?

Just my opinion but I think in a democracy it’s a basic fundamental right to be able to peacefully protest. I’m not going to have a go at anyone for doing so especially over an issue like this one. I fully support his right to peacefully protest. Somethings are way more important than football and this is one of them.

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Yep you’re correct it is important .But we are  not out of the woods yet with the pandemic plus the season is about to restart . In my eyes he’s putting the rest of the team and possible our season at risk not forgetting his young child.  . 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I fully agree with your point mate, I think its irresponsible personally for him given how close he physically has to get with team mates, staff and obviously his child. Just disagreed with your initial post. 

Just Maybe his & others msg,is even more important than a Virus. Their struggle and suffering,even deaths  on the back of a Natural Skin pigmantation,has been alot longer than a few poxy virus months....

Thats Why I would welcome,if at sometime,they downed Tools at Major Sports events.....and tried to Force changes at least from Big Businesses,Sponsors..etc......Across The board..!!!   They pay,their Wages and saying customers Count ,Doesnt cut it,Any longer..!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I am all for demari and others making their voices heard. It’s time to do more. To just shake our heads at racism is wrong. We all need to do more. Being as Leicester is statistically one of the most diverse areas in the world, should we not be leading a new movement. Imagine being a proactive and inclusive Club at all levels. I am married to an Indian and have a child. Please tell me how U would approach the subject of him being called a P..i or a W.. at 8 (at school and at football)  I have had to have the discussion with him. Would you like to do that with your children?

as an aside ... would this conversation be the same if it was Kingy? Vardy ? KS ? Evans? For me ... I don’t think we would 

Edited by casablancas
Typo and a little aggressive with my message.

The ‘goggles’ are good to keep any virus out of his eyes but that face covering won’t protect him. If he had a proper mask on then he would have been effectively sorted. Being outside is pretty much going to ensure you’re safe, especially on a breezy day.  It’s a tough one actually but I would probably err on the side of responsibility to his team mates and his employer.  Still not 100% sure. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I am all for demari and others making their voices heard. It’s time to do more. To just shake our heads at racism is wrong. We all need to do more. Being as Leicester is statistically one of the most diverse areas in the world, should we not be leading a new movement. Imagine being a proactive and inclusive Club at all levels. I am married to an Indian and have a child. Please tell me how U would approach the subject of him being called a P..i or a W.. at 8 (at school and at football)  I have had to have the discussion with him. Would you like to do that with your children?

as an aside ... would this conversation be the same if it was Kingy? Vardy ? KS ? Evans? For me ... I don’t think we would 

I agree with casablancas. Some things are bigger than others. I just can’t work out any differences between Kingy, Vardy, KS, Evans and Demi. They are all men, they are all footballers, they are all humans. If you can see a difference then you are part of the problem! 

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I agree with casablancas. Some things are bigger than others. I just can’t work out any differences between Kingy, Vardy, KS, Evans and Demi. They are all men, they are all footballers, they are all humans. If you can see a difference then you are part of the problem! 

There’s one difference between them ... people consider Demi less of a footballer. Probably ... maybe ... potentially.... because he’s a bad footballer??? i really really hope for the sake of the club it is that. But I agree with everything you have said this evening. 

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

There’s one difference between them ... people consider Demi less of a footballer. Probably ... maybe ... potentially.... because he’s a bad footballer??? i really really hope for the sake of the club it is that. But I agree with everything you have said this evening. 

To be fair, I am not sure KS would do a better job on the wing?

To be fair, I am not sure KS would do a better job on the wing?

Haha. You not remeber that header against ???i think Brighton? Hit the bar and went in or wood put it in. But I get ya point lol  

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Haha. You not remeber that header against ???i think Brighton? Hit the bar and went in or wood put it in. But I get ya point lol  

Joking aside, I now feel I shouldn’t have said that because the issue should not be belittled. 

Demi and every single black human should be permitted and applauded for peacefully protesting for their basic human rights.

P.s. I am white. I shouldn’t have to say that but felt it counts to do so. 

Joking aside, I now feel I shouldn’t have said that because the issue should not be belittled. 

Demi and every single black human should be permitted and applauded for peacefully protesting for their basic human rights.

P.s. I am white. I shouldn’t have to say that but felt it counts to do so. 

As am I. My mrs and son are not. Maybe why I am slightly more aggressive in my responses. But I just can’t understand how people can slag the lad off. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Just Maybe his & others msg,is even more important than a Virus. Their struggle and suffering,even deaths  on the back of a Natural Skin pigmantation,has been alot longer than a few poxy virus months....

Thats Why I would welcome,if at sometime,they downed Tools at Major Sports events.....and tried to Force changes at least from Big Businesses,Sponsors..etc......Across The board..!!!   They pay,their Wages and saying customers Count ,Doesnt cut it,Any longer..!!!

But it’s not just a virus it’s a virus that’s killing hundreds of thousands of people . And his actions  god forbid could potentially cause an innocent persons  death or someone close to him like his own family etc or a team mate . Don’t get me wrong I am totally against anything remotely racist I have many friends of different nationalities and backgrounds.  I can total understand why people are protesting  just think it’s irresponsible to do so at the moment . 

Edited by baldeagle

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

But it’s not just a virus it’s a virus that’s killing hundreds of thousands of people . And his actions  god forbid could potentially cause an innocent persons  death or someone close to him like his own family etc or a team mate . Don’t get me wrong I am totally against anything remotely racist I have many friends of different nationalities and backgrounds.  I can total understand why people are protesting  just think it’s irresponsible. 

I appreciate your opinion but have to disagree. The pandemic has killed a lot world wide and that is awful but it is not a drop in the ocean of how many have suffered at the hands of racism. We are not taking about name calling, we are talking about life and death. Covid kills and racism does also.

Like I said earlier, if that cop had said “I won’t commit police brutality and keep my foot on your neck until you die since there is a pandemic” then I could accept the argument nobody should protest it as there is a pandemic occurring.

It is sickening.

4 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I appreciate your opinion but have to disagree. The pandemic has killed a lot world wide and that is awful but it is not a drop in the ocean of how many have suffered at the hands of racism. We are not taking about name calling, we are talking about life and death. Covid kills and racism does also.

Like I said earlier, if that cop had said “I won’t commit police brutality and keep my foot on your neck until you die since there is a pandemic” then I could accept the argument nobody should protest it as there is a pandemic occurring.

It is sickening.

Well that one thing we can both agree on it most definitely is sickening . 

27 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

But it’s not just a virus it’s a virus that’s killing hundreds of thousands of people . And his actions  god forbid could potentially cause an innocent persons  death or someone close to him like his own family etc or a team mate . Don’t get me wrong I am totally against anything remotely racist I have many friends of different nationalities and backgrounds.  I can total understand why people are protesting  just think it’s irresponsible to do so at the moment . 

The Cops in USA,didnt have to do what they did.....at The moment..!!

Trump Shouldnt be across the board,on every issue a twat...at the moment...

our Great white  leaders Shouldnt come out with so much crap..at the moment.I

Wheres the common-sense in History where this Bloody species ever understood The right moment....

Sorry baldeagle...but outside a very few World-leaders in These 2 major issues,

we have Too many ditherers,buffoons & then under the table racists,that have no right to lead us at any moment....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The Cops in USA,dient have to so what they did.....at The moment..!!

Wheres the common-sense in History where this Bloody species ever understood The right moment....

I honestly think this could be it. The message is loud and clear. 

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The Cops in USA,dient have to so what they did.....at The moment..!!

I would say as you put it this species have understood the right moment on quite a few occasions if you look back over history . 

Edited by baldeagle

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I honestly think this could be it. The message is loud and clear. 

I know, we who are chatting right now, are in the same wave length so don’t thing what I say effects in any way. However, I agree with the idea of too many people who say nothing or do nothing and then don’t consider themselves racist. I understand it though. We can’t be racist as we don’t have hatred, we can’t be racist as we have a friend of a different race, we can’t be racist as we got of with that girl from a different race. Fact is all these things are true. We are not racist but by not speaking out for the minority then we are part of the problem. That is and always has been fact.

i am sure someone will inform me of the info but was there not a famous poem with lines like “they came for the muslims, but I was not Muslim so didn’t stand up. Then they came for the Jews. I was not Jewish so didn’t stand up. When they came for me there was no one left to stand up for me.”

Ithink it has a lot of relevance right now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I would say as you put it this species have understand the right moment on quite a few occasions if you look back over history . 

Nice that we still have People like you still batting for us.....

Can I vote for you...

or are  you trying to use my own weakness,that I want to believe...:ill:..:D

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Nice that we still have People like you still batting for us.....

Can I vote for you...

or are  you trying to use my own weakness,that I want to believe...:ill:..:D

The only thing I’m voting for is going to the pub as soon as they open  

:beer:

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

The only thing I’m voting for is going to the pub as soon as they open  

Set 'em up..!!!   i'm Coming over, dying for a pint,in decent company..:jump: :beer:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

If I were him I’d probably go out and protest in all honesty. Don’t blame him at all for wanting to be part of it. Covid is probably the most intrusive thing most of us have had to deal with in our life time, but as these last few weeks have highlighted that there are deeper problem that have been rooting further into the crust of humanity for years. COVID will disappear, but it’s not the most important thing that needs to be gripped properly and finally addressed, after being present for hundreds of years. With you Demi.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1