Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s not missing that part out though, yes he’s won the league at Chelsea and a Europa League as well - but after that title winning season he shown himself as the best defensive midfielder of his generation. He could’ve gone to Juventus, Real, Barca... a club with prestige, not Chelsea, and cemented himself as a legend within the game. He’s not even been Chelsea’s best midfielder this season, the point I’m trying to make from the beginning in booing him is as his greed in summer 2016 has led to his career being quite underwhelming for what it could’ve and should’ve been. 

You can call it bitterness or maybe it’s just not respecting a decision that was made as he should’ve been so much more? I wouldn’t have cared if he’d gone to one of the aforementioned teams that summer, would’ve been quite nice for a Leicester player to go on to be a superstar but he’s not really done it since 2017 has he?

Ey? The guy would literally walk into every starting 11 in the world, hes one of the best dm midfielders there is. Its only because he plays with world class players for France and is played out of position for Chelsea to fit into their style that he doesnt stand out as much as he did imo.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh yeah no doubt. But they'd have been interested the year after. It was highly disappointing. And all this 'humble' stuff really serves to highlight that action as highly unhumble. 

It's a job. He isn't a City fan. If you got offered more money to work in a company with more prestige that would likely see you win other awards you'd jump at it, the same as any of us.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

There wasn't 'literally nothing' he could achieve. He literally could've helped us into our first champions league campaign which would've been his first too.  He literally couldn't have achieved that and could've have done that with Chelsea that year. 

If Kante had stayed we would have won the Champions League

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

It's a job. He isn't a City fan. If you got offered more money to work in a company with more prestige that would likely see you win other awards you'd jump at it, the same as any of us.

You're precisely right. 

It just isn't humble to have a mercenary attitude. I entirely understand his moving. It just isn't in keeping with the humble narrative. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

You're precisely right. 

It just isn't humble to have a mercenary attitude. I entirely understand his moving. It just isn't in keeping with the humble narrative. 

That isn't mercenary. Think you're running out of road with your argument tbh 

8 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Ok, there's an argument to be had about 1/2 years dependent on what offers he had, but my point really was that I don't think it's unfair for him to feel he wasted part of his career. 

it could be argued that his first year at Man City was wasted as he hardly ever played.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Not even been Chelsea’s best midfielder this year ...

Hasn’t been played in the right position  since they won the league (no coincidence in that?) and pretty sure he’s been injured for a good part of that year.  

5 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Absolutely. 

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

You're precisely right. 

I suspect that any mercenary attitudes were those of agents involved. 

Edited by FoyleFox

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

You're precisely right. 

...I really do not believe you understand the reason why he left, or your comprehension for his decision, is based solely on anger and retribution!!!!

Your understanding has been debated and you have not accepted any reasoning that satisfies your prejudgement. The only answer is that you have an agenda and no amount of debate or reasoning will move you from the position you hold. Should any player choose to leave this team, then I am disappointed, like many others on here but I would not boo any player on their return, just hope they have a poor game and we show them what they had left behind.

You have to accept, some players are so career orientated, that they are always looking to progress their career, sometime to the detriment,of the suitability of the next move.Some players stay at a club, with family and stability come satisfaction and the understanding of what is a balance for their life and career.

Kante's move was a question for him, he had his reason and departed unexpectedly. Could he have helped us to go any further in the Champions League, the answer is no, could he have elevated us in the league, perhaps, but things went very bad very quickly after the league triumph. We had him for a season and he helped us to achieve the improbable, it sounds like you  would rather he had not come to us, and then you would not have to suffer the loss of his departure.

Imagine we sell Gray and bring in Lingard. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so annoyed by a transfer speculation story. I’d be gutted if we signed him. Everything that’s wrong about football in a crap little package 

• Haha 2

On 30/04/2020 at 15:18, ealingfox said:

He wasted 1 year at best. Playing in the Champions League with us was not a waste of his career even if the awful league season was a waste of his time. Allegedly nobody came in for him in the summer if 2016 anyway.

That and the fact that some may have thought they could just roll us over and buy him on the cheap. That could have sent out the wrong signal for our future. We got a reasonable fee in the end. It was about what was best for the club not the player.

• Like 1

We have surpassed Demarai simple as that he’s not a bad player but nowhere near the level we are now wouldn’t look bad at a team like Southampton or Bournemouth.

If we get 10-15m I think that’s a fair price

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We have surpassed Demarai simple as that he’s not a bad player but nowhere near the level we are now wouldn’t look bad at a team like Southampton or Bournemouth.

If we get 10-15m I think that’s a fair price

He worth £20 milllion at least !

15 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not. He really isn't. Perez is barely worth £20 million. There are a dime a dozen wingers like Gray. Each club in the PL has one, some have two. 

Maddison - this season - 28 apps, 6 goals 3 assists - cost £23m, current value £70-100m (according to CIES)
Perez - this season - 25 apps, 7 goals 4 assists - cost £30m, current value ??

Perez is well worth £30m imo.

Gray - last 5 seasons combined - 125 apps, 9 goals 7 assists - cost £6m, current value ??

Given he’s got one year left on his contract, we’d be lucky to get £10m, we might get back what we paid for him though.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maddison - this season - 28 apps, 6 goals 3 assists - cost £23m, current value £70-100m (according to CIES)

Gray - last 5 seasons combined - 125 apps, 9 goals 7 assists - cost £6m, current value ??

Given he’s got one year left on his contract, we’d be lucky to get £10m, we might get back what we paid for him though.

And to think there were rumours Bournemouth wanted to spend £25m on him a few seasons back. 

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

Thought he cost £3m?