Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

My Evertonian friends currently going ballistic after the EFC defeat to the Hammers. Particularly scathing of Richarlison.

Consensus is they need 4-5 new personnel in. They nearly all rate Gray.

If we could trade them Gray, Perez and Hamza (Mendy if pushed) for Richarlison, it would be grand larceny on an even greater scale than the recent Maguire and Childwell "heists"! 

Richarlison is 100% Vardy's best long term replacement long for me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

My Evertonian friends currently going ballistic after the EFC defeat to the Hammers. Particularly scathing of Richarlison.

Consensus is they need 4-5 new personnel in. They nearly all rate Gray.

If we could trade them Gray, Perez and Hamza (Mendy if pushed) for Richarlison, it would be grand larceny on an even greater scale than the recent Maguire and Childwell "heists"! 

Richarlison is 100% Vardy's best long term replacement long for me.

No manager ever makes that deal.  A Mercedes for a bag of jelly beans.

20 hours ago, KingsX said:

I’ve already forgotten most of the selfish shots and misplaced passes.  But I will never forget that goal.  It was an inspiring moment at a desperately sad time, and I love him for scoring it.  Even if I’m the only soul on here that does.

No you haven't, you just referred to them :P

Flipping over old posts again I wish Demarai well but the writing was on the wall all the way thro the posts altho he came with a good reputation. Oh Well , you can't develop them all, one of our failures. The contrast with JJs posts all the way through were very good . Less pleasure reading one we failed with.

Stop Press , Just watched his highlights on Youtube. If this was the same guy as we brought on against Palace we might have won. My guess is he was a Puel signing or Puel liked him and the difference in confidence is everything. Trouble is Claude did little for the other ten.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Flipping over old posts again I wish Demarai well but the writing was on the wall all the way thro the posts altho he came with a good reputation. Oh Well , you can't develop them all, one of our failures. The contrast with JJs posts all the way through were very good . Less pleasure reading one we failed with.

Stop Press , Just watched his highlights on Youtube. If this was the same guy as we brought on against Palace we might have won. My guess is he was a Puel signing or Puel liked him and the difference in confidence is everything. Trouble is Claude did little for the other ten.

He was signed under Ranieri.  January signing.  Premier League winner 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Does he have a choice? If we receive an offer during the January window can't we accept it? Over the years there've been stories from ex-players saying they didn't want to leave a club but had been sold regardless - isn't this the same scenario?

...I  have read stories about players refusing to go to another club even though the details had been agreed!!!

Matty Piper has stated that he was asked to go to Sunderland as an agreement had been made but he did not want to go. He did eventually end up at Sunderland after he was emotionally blackmailed to take the offer.

I suppose it depends on the individual and his agent.

On 01/01/2021 at 17:32, FoyleFox said:

Does he have a choice? If we receive an offer during the January window can't we accept it? Over the years there've been stories from ex-players saying they didn't want to leave a club but had been sold regardless - isn't this the same scenario?

Of course he does. He has a contract with us and we have to honour it unless all parties agree a deal. 

• Like 2

From a purely player point of view he'd be a bit of a mug to leave now. With no transfer fee in the summer you'd forsee a queue of clubs happy to have his signature so firstly, more choice for him. Secondly, with no transfer fee they could afford to give him better terms, including foreign teams. There's no real loyalty either side in football so I wouldn't blame him for hanging on. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Can’t see Demarai Gray being able to pick up the French language when after 4 years of daily training and games he still hasn’t figured out when to pass rather than shoot...

Be fine, he can just shout, always works abroad right :D