Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

19 hours ago, brucey said:

Maddison - this season - 28 apps, 6 goals 3 assists - cost £23m, current value £70-100m (according to CIES)
Perez - this season - 25 apps, 7 goals 4 assists - cost £30m, current value ??

Perez is well worth £30m imo.

Gray - last 5 seasons combined - 125 apps, 9 goals 7 assists - cost £6m, current value ??

Given he’s got one year left on his contract, we’d be lucky to get £10m, we might get back what we paid for him though.

9 goals and 7 assists for a winger, in 125 appearances, is utter dog shit.

And yes, I know several of those have come from the bench but you'd still expect more. I would anyway.

The thing that is majorly frustrating with him is that he is a decent footballer, we have seen it in very small glimpses 

take the video below for example (you might want to mute the sound) I know it’s a few years old but it shows what he is capable of, if only he could do it on a regular basis we would all be laughing 

57 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The thing that is majorly frustrating with him is that he is a decent footballer, we have seen it in very small glimpses 

take the video below for example (you might want to mute the sound) I know it’s a few years old but it shows what he is capable of, if only he could do it on a regular basis we would all be laughing 

as i understand it when a player is low in confidence, that's a time when they need to work harder, now watching Demaria play, I may be wrong but not only was he poor but he also seemed to be playing at less than 100%. This maybe my perception and i maybe wrong though

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

as i understand it when a player is low in confidence, that's a time when they need to work harder, now watching Demaria play, I may be wrong but not only was he poor but he also seemed to be playing at less than 100%. This maybe my perception and i maybe wrong though

...noticed in that clip his head was down a lot!!!

He seems to just want to showcase his skills and did not seem to be interested in releasing the ball or releasing a player into space who is in a better position. The amount of time he was caught in possession taking on players having been crowded out, but still not aware of a little pass to a team mate having created the space.

He looks to be playing the same now as he was when he first came here, which leads me to worry about the coaching he has received and did they just believe he was going to develop naturally and failed to impose practicality in his training routines. What he has shown is either he is incapable of learning, or as I have previously stated, he has been over indulged.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

9 goals and 7 assists for a winger, in 125 appearances, is utter dog shit.

And yes, I know several of those have come from the bench but you'd still expect more. I would anyway.

It’s not even just the numbers that raise an eyebrow but also what he brings or rather doesn’t bring to the team in general.

I could somewhat accept those numbers if he was a bit younger or if we could see any kind of progression and dogged work to improve. Similarly, if he offered something else to the team then it could be justified but we seem to play worse as a team more often than not when he starts. 

It really is a shame and so odd that someone can be so brilliant in such tiny bursts but so poor on average. There have definitely been times in the past year or so when I have wanted to see an academy product take his place on the bench instead - at least if they get the opportunity then you’d expect to see a hunger to do well if they come on.

Just needs to leave for sake of his career, we will get more money then what we paid from him so just need to shake hands and part amicably. Certainly doesn't deserve abuse or to be booed if he returned to play against us like some of the bitter mongos will almost certainly do. 

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Just needs to leave for sake of his career, we will get more money then what we paid from him so just need to shake hands and part amicably. Certainly doesn't deserve abuse or to be booed if he returned to play against us like some of the bitter mongos will almost certainly do. 

Mate some people boo Kante, probably the best midfielder we’ve ever had. So Gray might get coined in comparison lol  

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2020 at 15:01, South Shire Fox said:

Remember social distancing, just wave goodbye to him from at least 2m away.

On 06/05/2020 at 15:03, goody2028 said:

Mate some people boo Kante, probably the best midfielder we’ve ever had. So Gray might get coined in comparison lol  

Not heard that myself but it's shameful if it's happened. Fans have to accept that players have ambitions and if certain opportunities arise that are financially better and perceived to be helping them to progress, we shouldn't really blame them, I'd do the same.

There is however a right and wrong way of doing things. For me, I still watch his career and wish the best for him. I think he's now ready for another step up personally. I remember him coming back for I think it was a European match and waving to the crowd from a box. He has my full blessing, seemingly a very humble class act in every way. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not heard that myself but it's shameful if it's happened. Fans have to accept that players have ambitions and if certain opportunities arise that are financially better and perceived to be helping them to progress, we shouldn't really blame them, I'd do the same.

There is however a right and wrong way of doing things. For me, I still watch his career and wish the best for him. I think he's now ready for another step up personally. I remember him coming back for I think it was a European match and waving to the crowd from a box. He has my full blessing, seemingly a very humble class act in every way. 

Unfortunately so, been Chelsea away every season since he’s left and pretty sure every time there’s always a handful of idiots that boo him. Agree think he need to leave Chelsea now, hardly played in his right position which is criminal really when he really is the best man for it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe it is irresponsible for him to be there, and I'm not a fan of the protests in this time.

But this is a bloody important message. 

Yep you’re correct it is important .But we are  not out of the woods yet with the pandemic plus the season is about to restart . In my eyes he’s putting the rest of the team and possible our season at risk not forgetting his young child.  . 

Just now, baldeagle said:

Yep you’re correct it is important .But we are  not out of the woods yet with the pandemic plus the season is about to restart . In my eyes he’s putting the rest of the team and possible our season at risk not forgetting his young child.  . 

I fully agree with your point mate, I think its irresponsible personally for him given how close he physically has to get with team mates, staff and obviously his child. Just disagreed with your initial post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I fully agree with your point mate, I think its irresponsible personally for him given how close he physically has to get with team mates, staff and obviously his child. Just disagreed with your initial post. 

Sorry but for my reasons stated I still thinks he’s brain dead 

• Like 2

On 05/05/2020 at 22:45, sacreblueits442 said:

...noticed in that clip his head was down a lot!!!

He seems to just want to showcase his skills and did not seem to be interested in releasing the ball or releasing a player into space who is in a better position. The amount of time he was caught in possession taking on players having been crowded out, but still not aware of a little pass to a team mate having created the space.

He looks to be playing the same now as he was when he first came here, which leads me to worry about the coaching he has received and did they just believe he was going to develop naturally and failed to impose practicality in his training routines. What he has shown is either he is incapable of learning, or as I have previously stated, he has been over indulged.

Four different managers and their coaching staff have tried and seeming not improved Gray, which leads me to think this issue isn't with the coaching he's received. For all his faults Puel was pretty good at developing young players, Bredan certainly is but neither have managed any progress.

52 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

The  guy really had no brain cells 

1FAC5F04-0C40-414B-AD78-C029AE0B8883.png

What is exactly wrong with it? He and others are standing up for a message that people have been trying to portray for over 250 years. There is discriminatory behaviours across the world. Gender, colour, religious beliefs, sexuality etc. It’s a message that is meaningful to individuals. Fair play to all the people making their voices heard.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, casablancas said:

What is exactly wrong with it? He and others are standing up for a message that people have been trying to portray for over 250 years. There is discriminatory behaviours across the world. Gender, colour, religious beliefs, sexuality etc. It’s a message that is meaningful to individuals. Fair play to all the people making their voices heard.  

It's illegal for a start off, plus highly irresponsible and putting people in unnecessary risk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52909814

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

It's illegal for a start off, plus highly irresponsible and putting people in unnecessary risk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52909814

So is the killing of an unarmed man ... so was the repeated breaking of lockdown by a certain England international for a sex party. A Fcuking mp broke lockdown. What’s your point? He’s doing it for a good cause. He ain’t getting his 🎾’s stroked is he?