Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

14 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Agree to disagree about Gray. I thought Soyuncu was our best outfield player by a distance. Statistically Gray’s assists and goals for his appearances are significantly lower than Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy, Albrighton. Every Manager that he’s worked with at LCFC has eventually benched him. I would love him to be a success. A tricky winger that influences the game is what all fans want to see, he just hasn’t delivered for us with any regularity. 

I won’t deny stats wise, because I can’t! Stats don’t lie do they. I just feel a lot of the time people expect big things from him (He has the potential, the ability, we’ve seen it) and because he signed with so much promise and he hasn’t delivered that, people will always try and slate him or refuse to praise him. At times he can be a very easy scapegoat. I’m not saying he’s the answer. Far from it, just that sometimes he gets a lot of unwarranted stick. 

Guest An Sionnach
12 minutes ago, Bert said:

I won’t deny stats wise, because I can’t! Stats don’t lie do they. I just feel a lot of the time people expect big things from him (He has the potential, the ability, we’ve seen it) and because he signed with so much promise and he hasn’t delivered that, people will always try and slate him or refuse to praise him. At times he can be a very easy scapegoat. I’m not saying he’s the answer. Far from it, just that sometimes he gets a lot of unwarranted stick.

He is attempting to play in a standard of football he is not equipped for its as simple as that. Its not his fault and no doubt he is paid a lot better than most championship players but he has to face facts if he wants to play every game he will have to drop down to the championship.

Gray beat his full back several times and put in some decent balls but more often then not no one reacted Vardy was on his heels, Iheanacho was on his heels, Maddison was no where to be seen sulking cus he was playing on the wing, Gray was our best player in both games so far, maybe that says more about the rest but it was true

• Like 3

Fair sub at very best. cash in beforec everybody realises what we know

hes a very good Championship level player.

Its not his fault we pay him premier league wages and hold out false hope that one day he will deliver.. 

He wont!

Hes a triet but not quite at the level.

If he was good enough to start for us by now he’d have broken through in the 4 years and 4 managers we’ve had in that time. He’s had 53 starts in his PL career with us and made over 120 appearances. I’m surprised there’s still anybody willing to persist with him because he’s not at our level.

• 2 weeks later...

Created the goal and looked out only outlet when he came on. People knocking him are the same ones sticking up for Albrighton and Perez. He was on for about 15 minutes and created more than Albrighton and Perez together.

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Has good feet and beats his man often enough, but the one good ball in 6 makes the good ball seem like a totally random occurrence.

I think he actually has a lot more composure then people make out. It's just when he slows it down too much and then tries to take on 5 men all at once. But since BR has come in he seems to be a lot quicker in passing and receiving the ball. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

I think he actually has a lot more composure then people make out. It's just when he slows it down too much and then tries to take on 5 men all at once. But since BR has come in he seems to be a lot quicker in passing and receiving the ball. 

I think he's improved since BR has come in ..... But I'm not sure he can see the spaces / read the game very well ..... He seems so random with his decision making, like you say, almost worse when he has more time on the ball, slows it down and thinks!

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think he's improved since BR has come in ..... But I'm not sure he can see the spaces / read the game very well ..... He seems so random with his decision making, like you say, almost worse when he has more time on the ball, slows it down and thinks!

He does have those moments when he thinks he's Messi and can control the pace of the game, but I've seen less of that this season and a lot better decision making without rushing too much. His ball today, he delayed a couple of seconds before picking out the cross. Without Ricardo and Maddison, he's a good option to have for the extra creativity and unpredictability so I'd start him for the next game. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

He does have those moments when he thinks he's Messi and can control the pace of the game, but I've seen less of that this season and a lot better decision making without rushing too much. His ball today, he delayed a couple of seconds before picking out the cross. Without Ricardo and Maddison, he's a good option to have for the extra creativity and unpredictability so I'd start him for the next game. 

He's unpredictable that's for sure ..... I think he's found his place as an impact sub. Still not doing enough for a starting place for me.

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

An assist is a creation of a goal, or am I missing something? 

An assist can just be a tap to a forward. It's the last touch before a goal scorer. Creating a goal is something different (and may not even be the assist)

Edited by trabuch

There’s a footballer in there somewhere. He never looks happy, or that he’s enjoying himself. 
l know looks aren’t everything but it’s not a great image he portrays. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling