Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

22 minutes ago, lee7 said:

When he came on he sparked us into life. He has always shown glimpses of quality. The only issue is now he will probably have 2/3 bad games

Maybe without a crowd he will buck that trend and breath some life into his transfer value just in time for his last summer window contracted to us...

46 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

He always seems to make me believe he has something in his locker.

Then I look forward to him starting the next game.

Then he is shit for 5 games.

Hope I’m very wrong this time but it’s a predictable trend.

Thats the way I see it sadly.

11 hours ago, frany104 said:

I though Demarai changed the game when he came on. He was a lot more positive than Albrighton and Barnes. How Albrighton is starting ahead of Gray I don’t know. Albrighton didn’t influence the game once today. We need to attack teams like Watford. Not just rely on Vardy to bail us out.

Im pretty sure Albrighton will start when Justin plays to cover him on the defesive side of things, Albrighton can get a cross in without beating his man, Gray has to get infront or go on a run before he does anything and they dont come often enough.

Always thought he was better coming on as an impact player in the second half. When we play him from the start he has a few good moments then tends to fade away.

He is frustrating to watch at times, but rather we keep him than sell on

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

Always thought he was better coming on as an impact player in the second half. When we play him from the start he has a few good moments then tends to fade away.

He is frustrating to watch at times, but rather we keep him than sell on

His contract runs out next summer, so we either sell or re-sign him. Re-signing him could be a disaster if he's still here 5 years from now and hasn't improved.

Got to give him credit for yesterday. He was superb when he came on. Did everything right and what we've always wanted from him. Just goes to show that he does have the talent. Perhaps BR is that man to show him how to do it consistently. 

• Like 1

He was good yesterday. If he could maintain that level he could have a future.

Trouble is he gas had so many false Dawn's. It would be great for him to make a success of it. Maybe the lack of  boo boys will help him.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Sounds like he did alright when he came on but its something we have witnessed all too often. A good showing and then nothing for ages.

I'm aware Albrighton wasn't that great yesterday and is past his prime probably but the issue is with Gray here. He ought to have leapfrogged Marc by now given his age and mobility but it hasn't happened. 

He could be very useful to us in the coming weeks though. Over to you Demarai....

Thought he did really well when he came on. However I still think he needs to be braver. I'd give him 8.5/10 for his performance yesterday but there were still at least 3 or 4 occasions where he had the chance to close the opposition defender but he either pulled out or turned his back. I think if he could be a bit braver and get stuck in then he'll win fans round pretty quickly.

Gray has been given one more big opportunity by the current situation.

Rodgers has no choice but to rotate.  Squads not yet match fit are playing two matches a week.  He knows how that will impact performance and increase some injuries.  And Gray is the type of player who will benefit from silent stands.

He was superb yesterday in a match where most of our forward options struggled to impact the game.  We moved the ball a lot faster and more unpredictably when he came on.  Making us look more like the side that prospered in the first half of the season.

Gray and Barnes should be splitting time the rest of the season.  One starts, the other comes on for the last 30’.

He did well yesterday, a lot more than the two wingers who did actually start the game, in a lot less time.

But we've seen it all before. It's going to take consistently doing that for me to think a corner has been turned. You just know what'll happen if he starts Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's going to take consistently doing that for me to think a corner has been turned.

You're absolutely right of course.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You just know what'll happen if he starts Tuesday.

Here's where I disagree -- past form is having surprisingly little impact on "project restart" performances.  And this situation looks a good fit for Demarai.  He has quality but has never got his head right.  If he could maintain a clear head (i.e. confidence) over a run of games, he could turn that corner.  What could help him build confidence?

1. he'll get minutes regardless if he has an off game.  (BR has little choice)

2. no negative reinforcement from the stands

I'm not laying any bets, but this is one more chance than I thought he would get here -- and I honestly think it's a decent chance.